Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr - gone to Reading, scored the winner against Millwall at the Den (p13)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

sam3110 said:

Better than Lennon in the past couple of games, but hey he's not an academy product and he was signed in the RD era so everything he does is shit and he's a liability, nicking a living and all the rest of it

Yawn

Thing is, Lennon wasn't signed for £1.4m was he? Lennon wasn't signed to replace the likes of Morrison, Dervite, Ben Haim, Johnson and Gomez. Lennon has been thrown in a bit too early and he's struggling but Sarr was brought in for decent money earned by selling decent players specifically to plug a gap in our defence and he's failed at his role. Here we are, second from bottom in the league, leaking goals, but yeah, you're right, we're not criticising different players similarly enough for your liking. It's all a conspiracy. Yawn.
    Sarr was brought in for the future .. Fact he cost 1.4 will tell you how highly rated he is
    I don't think he was bought for the future. Agree, he must have talent - unfortunately the guy's confidence levels are probably pretty low. In normal circumstances he would be in the reserves for a while longer.
  • Godstone said:

colin1961 said:

sam3110 said:

Better than Lennon in the past couple of games, but hey he's not an academy product and he was signed in the RD era so everything he does is shit and he's a liability, nicking a living and all the rest of it

Yawn

Thing is, Lennon wasn't signed for £1.4m was he? Lennon wasn't signed to replace the likes of Morrison, Dervite, Ben Haim, Johnson and Gomez. Lennon has been thrown in a bit too early and he's struggling but Sarr was brought in for decent money earned by selling decent players specifically to plug a gap in our defence and he's failed at his role. Here we are, second from bottom in the league, leaking goals, but yeah, you're right, we're not criticising different players similarly enough for your liking. It's all a conspiracy. Yawn.
    Sarr was brought in for the future .. Fact he cost 1.4 will tell you how highly rated he is
    I don't think he was bought for the future. Agree, he must have talent - unfortunately the guy's confidence levels are probably pretty low. In normal circumstances he would be in the reserves for a while longer.
    Agree. We don't buy players for the future. Just for a season with the view to making a tidy profit. Backfired hasn't it Roly? Good.
  • Costa did not struggle when he came in. He dominated a Prem forward line with virtually no training and not knowing his own teams players.

Costa was good but even he had the odd struggle. Jorge Leitao took him to the cleaners in the FA Cup game for Walsall.
  • Nail my colours firmly to the mast - he's an absolute liability who should be sent on his way at the first possible opportunity.

OK, in fairness there are times it does look like there might be a player in there somewhere. But as Valley Gary says above, let the ball bounce and he is a complete liability. And for someone his size, he gets knocked about far too easily (Remember the job the Huddersfield forwards did on him?) But worst of you, you just know that in 90 minutes he is going to make 2 or 3 mistakes that could cost a goal.

I still shake my head at the fact the numbskulls who run this club paid £1.5 million (or whatever) for him whilst giving Morrison a free transfer. That in itself is every reason why we must try and drive these idiots away from this club as quickly as possible.

Is the correct answer.
  • Sarr is another "bombscare" Paddy McCarthy, although McCarthy was better.

He's a complete liability who looks like he's going to trip over the ball at any time.

He cost more than £1M, yet doesn't seem to know or be able to stay goalside of the attacker. Even schoolkids know this.

He gets muscled off the ball easily and is like bambi on ice, if the ball's bouncing.

A total liability and another shambolic recruit of the rank bunch of amateurs scouting for the club.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually find out that they are RD's 12 year old grand sons or such like and are paid pocket money.

We gave away Michael Morrison on a free for this absolute liability.

Just like letting Kermorgant go and then paying twice as much for Polish Pete.

Scouted by schoolkids or labotomised adults.

RD & KM out !

Morrison was long gone before Sarr came to us. BP is to blame for leaving Morro on the sidelines when TBH and Bikey were prefered.
  • Good in the air and wins his share but on the floor I crap myself every time he has the ball - distribution terrible, has he realised yet that you are supposed to pass to a red shirt?
  • Sheffield Utd Naby Sarr will come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's not forget that Sarr was originally supposed to come to us last January. The same month Morrison went to Birmingham permanently. It was only because another Sporting defender got injured that he didn't.
  • edited January 2016
    In he last 15 months we let go Morrison for free. Bikey for free, well actually we paid him to go.
    Ben Haim I think contract not renewed. Gave away Gomez for £3.5M and didn't renew Johnson's contract.

That's 5 centre halves !

We replaced them with Bauer - no complaints and Naby Sarr for £1M+.

I think it could well be RD's grandchildren that do our scouting on FIFA.
  • Simonsen said:

Costa did not struggle when he came in. He dominated a Prem forward line with virtually no training and not knowing his own teams players.

Costa was good but even he had the odd struggle. Jorge Leitao took him to the cleaners in the FA Cup game for Walsall.
    He occasionally got done for pace, which isn't that surprising given he'd hardly played that season when he came to us, but the vast majority of the time his reading of the game (and occasional sly tricks) more than compensated for it.
  • In he last 15 months we let go Morrison for free. Bikey for free, well actually we paid him to go.
    Ben Haim I think contract not renewed. Gave away Gomez for £3.5M and didn't renew Johnson's contract.

That's 5 centre halves !

We replaced them with Bauer - no complaints and Naby Sarr for £1M+.

I think it could well be RD's grandchildren that do our scouting on FIFA.

Bikey was worse AND disruptive. Gomez had an escape clause so our hands were tied. Ben Haim did not have the appearance of someone who wanted to stay around. Releasing Morro and Johnson were the rank bad decisions.
  • This is so true! Makes me wince!
    We gave away Michael Morrison on a free for this absolute liability.

Just like letting Kermorgant go and then paying twice as much for Polish Pete.

However, I like the way Naby zooms out of defence sometimes and he has a nice accurate left footed pass on him, so there is hope he may develop into a decent Championship centre back.
  • There seems to be a difference of opinion....some saying he can't pass, some saying he can. I'm in the "he can pass" camp. In fact, I think he's pretty good at it.
  • Sarr has all the makings of being a top CB I have no doubt of that.
  • Sarr has all the makings of being a top CB I have no doubt of that.

I do hope you are right . But I don't see it
  • Simonsen said:

There seems to be a difference of opinion....some saying he can't pass, some saying he can. I'm in the "he can pass" camp. In fact, I think he's pretty good at it.

He can definitely pass.

Just not always to one of his teammates
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Once fans make their mind up about a player, there's little that player can do, especially if they're a defender. At least Bulot struck back with some goals and assists, a language people seem to understand easily.

I think Sarr's been good recently, the odd slip aside - and the slips haven't cost us

Didn't his air-kick, followed by falling over, cost us a goal against Sheff Wed?
  • Yeah, and that goal cost us an entire goal difference goal! Could be vital at the end of the season!!
  • Leuth said:

Once fans make their mind up about a player, there's little that player can do, especially if they're a defender. At least Bulot struck back with some goals and assists, a language people seem to understand easily.

I think Sarr's been good recently, the odd slip aside - and the slips haven't cost us

Didn't his air-kick, followed by falling over, cost us a goal against Sheff Wed?
    He did an Air kick against Wednesday but we got away with it, about 10mins later he then slipped which allowed the goal
  • A few random comments taken from the players marks thread following another sparkling performance from Sarr yesterday.

"Truly abysmal performance. I hope he never wears the shirt again"

" Without doubt one of the worst defenders for Charlton in 40 years. Clueless and shockingly awful as usual."

"what a pile of dog crap this bloke is."

"Woeful, Sunday league"

"Liability I cringe every time he is on the ball"

Anyone who defended him in the above thread want to do so again?

Face it, the guy is a complete liability and light years away from being able to play regularly in the Championship (or on yesterday's performance, even Division 1). Needs to be moved on asap.

• Is he an interim centre half?
  • edited January 2016

Sheffield Utd Naby Sarr will come good.

When he's playing in the Premiership, I'm going to boast to all my friends that I saw him playing for us and that I knew all along he'd be a superstar. That's Katrien's plan isn't it?
  • cblock said:

Simon Francis was also crap, did'nt turn out to bad though has he? Give Sarr a chance,
    its his first season.

Bit like Madjid Boughera.

A fantastic footballer for a centre-half. Shame we did not see the best of him.
  • Fact is, as a defender your job is always the same. Doesn't matter about what league or anything, he still has to defend, not be so weak, and have some kind of positional awareness, not to mention not be a liability for making mistakes every single game.

As an attacker, it's harder to adjust to the league as you have to stamp more of an authority, show creativity and adjust a little more.

Defending, the job is still the same, just different opposition.

Saar hasn't even proved he can do the basics well enough. This whole adjust to the country or whatever does my head in for defenders.

As a centre back he isn't competent enough. Bottom line.