Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can You Help the Charlton Upbeats? - Upbeats Day April 16th 2016

Comments

• Looking good folks, lets see if we can crack 6k today. ;)
    https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016
  • Some of you are better off than you were at 5pm #justsaying :-)
  • Agreed! £100 of my winnings heading Upbeats way post walk together with any other cash donations I get.
  • How is the money used for the Upbeats?
  • Solidgone said:

How is the money used for the Upbeats?

I soooooo want to say "to pay for things", but that would just be me being a complete arse, so I won't...
  • Just donated. Good luck to everyone doing the walk for such a good cause. Sorry I'm not fit enough to walk nine miles with you.
  • Over five and half now, well done to all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone heard any info on the stopping points? My daughter wants to join me for the last bit but can't seem to see anything on the website.
  • Yeah, i need to know a rough route too so Dec can rejoin us before the last stretch.
  • The map I saw the route went through Greenwich Park down towards the Cutty Sark then along main road to Rose of Denmark.
  • Has anyone heard any info on the stopping points? My daughter wants to join me for the last bit but can't seem to see anything on the website.

Last year we stopped at the We Anchor in Hope (not sure if we will again) and I'm not aware of any other stopping points. If was to be meeting someone, I would arrange it for the lower gates at Greenwich park. Then its just a steady mile or so to the Rose of Denmark.
  • Just had a "Oner" donated by Steve Jones (I doubt its that one) amongst several other donations today, so thank you all......
    Just 70 quid shy of 6k...... :)
  • T.C.E said:

Has anyone heard any info on the stopping points? My daughter wants to join me for the last bit but can't seem to see anything on the website.

Last year we stopped at the We Anchor in Hope (not sure if we will again) and I'm not aware of any other stopping points. If was to be meeting someone, I would arrange it for the lower gates at Greenwich park. Then its just a steady mile or so to the Rose of Denmark.
    Don't think that he walk is going over Shooters hill this year, I believe it's going along Westmount rd.
  • We've got some amazing auction prizes to announce tomorrow, so stay tuned....
  • We've got some amazing auction prizes to announce tomorrow, so stay tuned....

Oh bollocks. I'll be staying off here for the day then :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Just completed my final prep for the walk with another training session of Walking Round Maidstone A Lot ;-). The principle of it is not as complex as it sounds ; -)
    Anyway, I've turned into some sort of walking version of Usain Bolt, I think I now actually walk faster than TCE and I have ever run ;-)
  • T.C.E said:

Has anyone heard any info on the stopping points? My daughter wants to join me for the last bit but can't seem to see anything on the website.

I'm more worried about needing a piss than having a break. I won't make 5 miles, let alone 9!
  • edited April 2016
    Hungry Horse or The fox under the hill for anyone over 30 will be the hallfway stopping point, I've been reliably informed.
  • In fear of doing a 'Done'......

I have just paid in the £100 I promised for relegation - I still hope we avoid it though !!!
  • What's going on? It says last comment by pl54 but I cant see anything . Not that I want to read his thoughts but it looks odd.
  • Curb_It said:

What's going on? It says last comment by pl54 but I cant see anything . Not that I want to read his thoughts but it looks odd.

thats your facebook, not here
  • PL54 said:

In fear of doing a 'Done'......

I have just paid in the £100 I promised for relegation - I still hope we avoid it though !!!

• Nope its still there if you look at the bottom of the thread and if you click on his user name it says he's made no comments.

Can nobody else see this??
  • It might have been something constructive and now I've missed it. :(