Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can You Help the Charlton Upbeats? - Upbeats Day April 16th 2016

Comments

• Options
    We are ready. It's going to rain so for those not walking please send more cash!! Thank you.
  • Options
    We've just stopped at The Fox Under The Hill. Please keep donating to spur us on.
  • Options
    Having a quick pint?
  • Options
    Come on everyone. Dig a little deeper.
  • Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who is walking. Cass and I are walking with you in spirit, and by "walking with you," I mean "lying in bed reading CL because it's 3am and I'm not sure why I'm awake."

I'll kick in a little extra to make sure you all don't go thirsty ;).
  • Options
    Good luck to all of you who are walking. Sorry to hear it is raining, the sun is out down here in Cornwall.
  • Options
    In Greenwich park.
  • Options
    Much more scenic route this year!
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished! In the queue for a burger!
  • Options

We've just stopped at The Fox Under The Hill. Please keep donating to spur us on.

Great to meet you @thai malaysia addick !
  • Options
    all done, currently working on fluid intake

Up the Upbeats !
  • Options
    Well done everyone involved.
  • Options

all done, currently working on fluid intake

Up the Upbeats !

Yes, I noticed.
  • Options
    They won 10-1!!!!!
  • Options
    Something to be proud of!
  • Options
    Sorry @guinnessaddick we went to buy tickets then got back to where you were standing and you'd gone. Thanks for keeping me company today!
  • Options
    Well done, everyone! Will sort out my financial contribution shortly for the CP photo - @AFKABartram do I just pay it via the just giving link?
  • Options
    Thank you Pinocchio !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paid my/Dazzler21's money, finally.
    Sorry for the delay,
    Well done all, just remember, no buying water from inside the stadium.

*I'm sure that is the only liquids being drunk.
  • Options
    Just great seeing the Upbeats run round the pitch. Great too to see the support from Charlton fans.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Home wth feet up and cup of tea. Once again Charlton fans prove their class, a great turn out ( I didn't mean you Dave Mehmet) and despite the threats of rain it didn't really worry us primed athletes. Thanks to all those came over and said hello to Bailey and gave him a big fuss, makes me very proud to be associated with this boy and yes, I now answer to to "you must be Ray". Great feedback from Carl and his staff as to CL contribution not only financially but the time and effort, so congratulations to all at CL. I don't think the boys will be moving much tonight. ;)image

Good to meet Bailey and the bloke who holds his lead (or Ray and his dog if it makes you feel better @TCE)
  • Options
    So do we have a roll of honour for the Lifers that did the walk then? (I know there was a list at the beginning of the post, but has it been updated since various people signed up later?)
  • Options
    Upbeats terrific again today as usual
  • Options
    Few £5 donations. Might have been Rock Soectacle's plea in each pub we went to to donate their half time pint money to this link.
  • Options
    Great day, although Simon Webster telling the story about his last game against Derby and ending up having stitches in his eyeball nearly put me off my bacon roll.
  • Options

Special mention to the Sainsburys by the old Greenwich hospital, who were collecting on behalf of the UpBeats and had refreshments waiting as we passed.

Absolutely
    I wondered why everyone stopped in front of us, thinking they wanted us to catch up, then saw the ladies collecting and giving out bananas and drinks
    Fantastic