Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can You Help the Charlton Upbeats? - Upbeats Day April 16th 2016

123457»

Comments

• Great day, although Simon Webster telling the story about his last game against Derby and ending up having stitches in his eyeball nearly put me off my bacon roll.

Put me off my banana that!
  • Great day, although Simon Webster telling the story about his last game against Derby and ending up having stitches in his eyeball nearly put me off my bacon roll.

He told me that one too. Kitson did it apparently.
  • edited April 2016
    Well done everyone who took part and/or donated.
    Something to be proud of that.

Put me off my banana that!
    Bet Dec was gutted
  • Ray.

Did Racon's shirt get to SL safely ?
  • Ray.

It did thank you Jean, spoke to Carl and he assured me they had found the perfect candidate to give the shirt. So glad I didn't have to choose one and they will take some photos and send them on. X
  • T.C.E said:

Ray.

It did thank you Jean, spoke to Carl and he assured me they had found the perfect candidate to give the shirt. So glad I didn't have to choose one and they will take some photos and send them on. X
    Phew !

Thanks, Ray.

Unlike Mandy, I KNEW we could rely on the Royal Mail!
    x

• Great event yesterday, a really positive, worthwhile community action and something to feel genuinely proud of.
    Really good to meet up and chat with some Lifers I haven't seen for a while :-) ( (Dave Storry, Killers Beard ,TCE and AFKA , BDL ) and to think I was walking next to the legend that is Dave Mehmet and I didn't know ;-)
    Special mention to Bailey whose behaviour was impeccable throughout.
    And finally good to be anywhere in Greenwich with TCE when neither of us are feeling close to death :-)
  • 3blokes said:

Great event yesterday, a really positive, worthwhile community action and something to feel genuinely proud of.
    Really good to meet up and chat with some Lifers I haven't seen for a while :-) ( (Dave Storry, Killers Beard ,TCE and AFKA , BDL ) and to think I was walking next to the legend that is Dave Mehmet and I didn't know ;-)
    And finally good to be anywhere in Greenwich with TCE when neither of us are feeling close to death :-)

Dave Mehmet's introduction to Tracey was a classic......
    This is Dave Mehmet on CL..........Oh."I've seen some of the stuff you write" ................thankfully she hasn't sussed the search facility ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

3blokes said:

Great event yesterday, a really positive, worthwhile community action and something to feel genuinely proud of.

Dave Mehmet's introduction to Tracey was a classic......
    This is Dave Mehmet on CL..........Oh."I've seen some of the stuff you write" ................thankfully she hasn't sussed the search facility ;)
    I bet she loves knowing about his toilet antics.
  • 19k walked yesterday according to my app. Legs surprisingly not too bad today.

Found it a much easier route than last years, and seemed to pass by really quickly chatting away. Will post a separate thank you thread later today
  • 19k walked yesterday according to my app. Legs surprisingly not too bad today.

Found it a much easier route than last years, and seemed to pass by really quickly chatting away. Will post a separate thank you thread later today

That's because you're a athlete.

I think mine went haywire, the Bull Shootershill to SL, then the walk and back to the pub. It said 14 ish miles. That doesn't explain why I can't move this morning. :(
  • My app does seems to stop about 5pm! Got a cab home from the Oak about 8.30
  • edited April 2016
    T.C.E said:

19k walked yesterday according to my app. Legs surprisingly not too bad today.

I think mine went haywire, the Bull Shootershill to SL, then the walk and back to the pub. It said 14 ish miles. That doesn't explain why I can't move this morning. :(
    I did 36.6k steps (31.2km) in total yesterday, 10km with the dog. When we had finished the walk it was on 25.5km. I work on approx. 2K steps / mile, so 19K is about right with shorter legs.
  • Tracey said:

@TCE I've got an hour before my sons match starts so going to work out the search facility ;-)

No, don't do it......... ;)
  • Does anybody know if the figure includes the Gift Aid or is that to be added?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Donations top £17000.