Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Chicksen - now at Notts County (p5)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    These jokes are terrible lol
  • Options
    Please God make it stop!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Had a good cameo tonight. He's quite slight in build and looks like he is going to be better offensively rather than defensively. Doesn't look match fit but I think he can do a decent job for us this season.
  • Options
    But other than all that, he's alright????
  • Options
    After all of this, I'd still like to humbly nominate myself for Pun of the Day:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2616889/#Comment_2616889
  • Options
    Leuth said:

After all of this, I'd still like to humbly nominate myself for Pun of the Day:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2616889/#Comment_2616889

I hate you
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    He didn't drink enough milk as he grew up , so he's only really good enough to be playing for Accrington Stanley , who are they ?.........Eggsactly

you know the saying , if you can't beat them join them
  • Options
    Brighton and MK Dons fans say his form tends to drop between March and May.

This shouldn't be surprising as after all he's no spring Chicksen.
  • Options

Brighton and MK Dons fans say his form tends to drop between March and May.

This shouldn't be surprising as after all he's no spring Chicksen.

Sorry but this deserves a like and a lol!
  • Options
    I thought it was the most impressive debut by a Charlton player since Francis Coq Au Vin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I heard he was trying to get a family bucket at KFC but Slade gave him a job here so he could jump in front of him in the queue.

Chicken on his mind?
  • Options
    We've just missed a trick... West Brom are signing Defender: Allan Nyom from Watford... I mean to say imagine the commentators when we play Swindon.

Fox... to Holmes, Chicksen, Nyom Nyom turns
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    He is noted at the training ground for having an extremely healthy diet.

Whilst the rest of the squad only have eyes for hamburger and chips, Chicksen sees a salad.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhh Chick chick chick chick Chicksen
    Score a little goal for me

Honestly think he's going to be a great little player in the second half of the season, helps that he's played under Robinson before, be the was gutted his goal against an old club hasn't led to a game against another old club for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    sam3110 said:

Honestly think he's going to be a great little player in the second half of the season, helps that he's played under Robinson before, be the was gutted his goal against an old club hasn't led to a game against another old club for him.

Blimey, that didn't take long for someone to have become a Chicksen convert since Saturday.

In response to this extract from my post match view at Bradford;

'Star turns from Phillips, Chicksen (if Fox gets reinstated over him it will be a joke) Magennis, Bauer and Tex'.

sam3110
    December 11
    said:--
    Why do you think it will be a joke? Fox has been one of our best players in the last half a dozen games

:open_mouth:

Both players could be accommodated of course but note, I said if one is reinstated over the other.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

sam3110 said:

Blimey, that didn't take long for someone to have become a Chicksen convert since Saturday.

In response to this extract from my post match view at Bradford;

'Star turns from Phillips, Chicksen (if Fox gets reinstated over him it will be a joke) Magennis, Bauer and Tex'.

sam3110
    December 11
    said:--
    Why do you think it will be a joke? Fox has been one of our best players in the last half a dozen games

:open_mouth:

Both players could be accommodated of course but note, I said if one replaces the other.
    Never said Chicksen shouldn't be playing at all, but I was asking why it would be a joke if Fox, who has been good this season, replaced him in the side. I personally think the two of them on the left works well, certainly better than when we shovelled Jackson out there earlier on in the season
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Chicksen's natural and best position is left back and my point was he will be very hard done by if not allowed to continue holding onto the left back slot. I agree Fox has been ok but nothing special as his ranking in the players marks stats reveal, a 5.94 average over the last six games you mention (6.05 so far this season) and if left out it may be tough but that's football.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Chicksen's natural and best position is left back and my point was he will be very hard done by if not allowed to continue holding onto the left back slot. I agree Fox has been ok but nothing special as his ranking in the players marks stats reveal, a 5.94 average over the last six games you mention and if left out it may be tough but that's football.

If Holmes was fit, then I imagine Chicksen would be fighting Fox to play LB. With no Holmes, and a lack of wide players in the squad, playing both on the left is quite appealing.
  • Options
    I think chicksen has played very well in front of Fox.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably scared about being eaten etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

RedChaser said:

Chicksen's natural and best position is left back and my point was he will be very hard done by if not allowed to continue holding onto the left back slot. I agree Fox has been ok but nothing special as his ranking in the players marks stats reveal, a 5.94 average over the last six games you mention and if left out it may be tough but that's football.

If Holmes was fit, then I imagine Chicksen would be fighting Fox to play LB. With no Holmes, and a lack of wide players in the squad, playing both on the left is quite appealing.
    I thought Botaka and Lookman were currently our wide men but where do you play Chicksen in KR's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation then, wide left in a 4-4-2 maybe but not in the 3 surely?
  • Options

Been rushed to hospital after being knocked out in his first game for Bradford. Hope he's alright.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4177681/adam-chicksen-hospitalised-bradford-clash-of-heads-stretchered-off-oxygen-hospital/

A Bradford spokesman told SunSport: “Adam has regained consciousness and has gone to hospital for precautionary scans.”

Get well soon Adam!
  • Options
    Prior to this season, in a career spanning over 14 years and 243 appearances, Chicksen had scored 3 career league goals including the one he scored for us in a 5-1 win away to Bristol Rovers. Tonight he scored his 6th goal in 17 games this season. How does that happen? 
  • Options
    Prior to this season, in a career spanning over 14 years and 243 appearances, Chicksen had scored 3 career league goals including the one he scored for us in a 5-1 win away to Bristol Rovers. Tonight he scored his 6th goal in 17 games this season. How does that happen? 
    Bored?
  • Options
    When you play League football your whole career then drop into the National League, things get a bit easier?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    When you play League football your whole career then drop into the National League, things get a bit easier?

Chicksen played at that level in the two previous seasons and scored one goal in 50 appearances. This season he's scored twice as many as Elliot Lee (Notts County) and three times as many as Bromley's Michael Cheek. And they are forwards whereas Chicksen is a full back. Well, as far as I'm aware he still is, which is partly why I posed the original question. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Chicksen played at that level in the two previous seasons and scored one goal in 50 appearances. This season he's scored twice as many as Elliot Lee (Notts County) and three times as many as Bromley's Michael Cheek. And they are forwards whereas Chicksen is a full back. Well, as far as I'm aware he still is, which is partly why I posed the original question. 
    Except Michael Cheek has just scored the equaliser for Bromley against Notts County - his 3rd of the season