Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    If Phillips does leave surely he deserves better than forest green
  • Options
    He deserves better than us
  • Options
    I wouldn't be averse to signing Amos on a permanent deal but Phillips deserves a proper contract and a shot at being number one next season.
  • Options
    Nick Pope has certainly improved after a year of training at Burnley, he hardly played lasts season, indeed was sometimes behind Paul Robinson
  • Options

I wouldn't be averse to signing Amos on a permanent deal but Phillips deserves a proper contract and a shot at being number one next season.

Amos is said to be on something like £20k pw, paid mainly by Bolton and Phillips was said to be on less than £500 pw.
  • Options

If Phillips does leave surely he deserves better than forest green

And he is surely worth more than £60k...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Personally don't think Amos is all that. His wage is likely to be monstrous and I'd be happy not to see him back next season

Didn't rate him at the start of the season but he has improved a lot and made some excellent saves - one of our better players this season.
    He's been ok but I can't say he has made a series of worldies when I've seen him. Who is to say Dillon wouldn't have made the same saves at around one tenth of the weekly cost?
    i only do aways Swis so he must save all his better displays for them then :wink:
  • Options

Amos is said to be on something like £20k pw, paid mainly by Bolton and Phillips was said to be on less than £500 pw.
    20k !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    That's why Bolton ran up some big debts.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

That's why Bolton ran up some big debts.

And had its head shaved daily, never mind about a haircut :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

20k !!!!!!!!!
    I believe Bolton have him on £17k and we are paying £3k of it. His contract ends in Summer, can't see anyone paying that money to him again .. His golden contract.
  • Options

This is certainly close to true, and explains why Phillips would never get a look in this season, you have to justify the loan.
    Having said that Amos is much better than I expected him to be, and it is hard to judge Dillons form just now because he hasn't really been playing.
    I rate Phillips, but his footballing progress is a bit stymied at the moment and it can't feel good, especially when he had serious fun times at Cheltenham the season before last.
  • Options
    He deserves a shot at being No1 next season.
  • Options
    If Dillon wants to get playing time and FG proves to be an offer he likes/the best one he has, then he'll take it and go with our best wishes. The bar is set very low for Charlton players to receive better offers than sticking around in roly's rotting corpse of a club, the stench of decay must be overpowering and it can be nigh on impossible to wash that off once it's ingrained.
    There is absolutely zero doubt that roly will accept any offer for every player that nets him upwards of €1
    And we know how players get treated by that septic septuagenarian shit4brains when they don't accede to his insane whims.
    Gobby's only hope of hanging on to something resembling a squad rests on roly's hands being tied during the 'negotiations'. If roly's as well advised as he was when he bought off the spivs, he might have agreed to all sorts of strictures, he certainly surprised mick the manc with his malleability 4 years ago.
  • Options
    Hope that came with something of a rise.
  • Options
    Have to say, I have not been as impressed with young Dillon when i have seen him play as some on here appear to be, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been a harsher judge of a goalkeeper then the general consensus.

Amos, however, has been excellent - possibly the best keeper we have had since exiting the Premier League, and tough as it must be for Dillon to sit on the bench every week, I don't think he can any complaints that Amos is currently ahead of him.
  • Options

Have to say, I have not been as impressed with young Dillon when i have seen him play as some on here appear to be, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been a harsher judge of a goalkeeper then the general consensus.

Amos, however, has been excellent - possibly the best keeper we have had since exiting the Premier League, and tough as it must be for Dillon to sit on the bench every week, I don't think he can any complaints that Amos is currently ahead of him.

Yeah I don't rate him quite as highly as some but have probably seen him fewer times as well.

There was a point where people were calling for him to be playing ahead of Amos which should not happen.

I know the goal in the summer was to get another keeper in so that he could go out on loan. Hope we can do that in January. Won't hold my breath obviously.
  • Options
    God knows who negotiated and signed the contract on behalf of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

If they're optional extension clauses for the same contract they might not need negotiating? The club probably just has to decide to activate them?
  • Options
    WSS said:

I haven't been on the KM threads lately, but this whole saga begs the question: "Was she better than nothing?" Because I'm kind of leaning toward no at the moment, which genuinely surprises me.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Can I just say
  • Options
    I would rather lose Karl than Dillon.
  • Options

I don't think Robinson can play in goal.
    He is very good at deflecting.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

WSS said:

I haven't been on the KM threads lately, but this whole saga begs the question: "Was she better than nothing?" Because I'm kind of leaning toward no at the moment, which genuinely surprises me.
    But surely that’s obvious, with a chairman/owner who isn’t interested and doesn’t do anything of course you’re gonna struggle with no ceo/ director of football.
  • Options
    Solid tonight and not at fault for their goal. Happy for him to be our No.1 next season.
  • Options

I don't think Robinson can play in goal.
    He is very good at deflecting.
    He'd also be good at talking to his defenders
  • Options
    He needs to play. Good enough for L1.

When you get given a game once in a blue moon, it’s hard as you can’t build any consistency.

Amos had a shaky start, and he’s been good recent weeks. A fair amount of key saves.

Not fair on Dills. Hopefully he can get a decent loan move in Jan. I can’t see Amos here next season, so why hinder progress of one our own. Randolph, Elliot, Pope haven’t turned out too shabby.