Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Options
    For those who haven't seen him play, which past Charlton player could he be likened to?
  • Options

For those who haven't seen him play, which past Charlton player could he be likened to?

In terms of dead ball delivery, I would say Claus Jensen...
  • Options

Can beat players just like Mortimer used to. Good from a dead ball. Not quite Claus Jensen. More like Cabellos.
  • Options
    He reminds me a bit of Dick Tydeman in some ways but much more of an athlete.
  • Options
    "I spoke to the owner [Roland Duchatelet] after the game at Southend and he was really excited about Joe"

Of course he's excited.
    If there's a pound note to be made the old roly won't mess about.
  • Options
    So Lookman has been taken "out of the firing line". I thought they said he was ill....
  • Options
    Let's tell the world how good he is and then we can make some money in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard he is set for a big money move to join the Jelly Babies
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Swisdom said:

He's a fusion of Mortimer's skills, Racon's rangy legs, Dale Stephen's penis and Andy Reid's dead ball delivery. And Leaburn's skin tone. And the hair of Kid, (from Kid n play).

Hope it's not the same colour.
  • Options
    Dele Ali is off to Madrid this window and he is the best like for like replacement that Spurs could ever dream of. 3 assists in his last performance in a Charlton shirt isn't too bad at all. Thanks for the memories, Joe.
  • Options

Dele Ali is off to Madrid this window and he is the best like for like replacement that Spurs could ever dream of. 3 assists in his last performance in a Charlton shirt isn't too bad at all. Thanks for the memories, Joe.

I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves here.

• Options

I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves here.

I blame Karl for putting the idea in my head.........;-)
  • Options

Whilst I know you are joking, Madrid are apparently lining up a bid for Alli in the summer as they are under a transfer embargo this window
  • Options

Whilst I know you are joking, Madrid are apparently lining up a bid for Alli in the summer as they are under a transfer embargo this window
    haha yeah I saw that too that's why I said it. To be quite honest I have given up on keeping any talented youngsters we have while this mob are running the club. So although like you say, that Madrid chain reaction was a joke, if Aribo keeps playing the way he is from now until the summer, would anybody really be surprised if the big boys came calling and RD cashed in? Certainly not.
  • Options
    Are Acworth and Driesen related?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine your life being so lacking in substance that you need to make up that you recommended Aribo.
  • Options
    I never knew that Ackworth was Marcus Gayle in disguise.
  • Options
    I have never seen Jonathan Ackworth at a Under 23 game. He is a fantasist.
  • Options
    Running the risk of sounding like Ackworth here, but I have been calling for this kid to be given a go since about the middle of last season. And even more so this year with our obvious deficiencies there. Go back and check my comments on him if you don't believe me!

The early signs are good. Hope he proves me right.
  • Options
    What is the opinion on umerah then? From what I've seen hes a completely different player to look man
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What planet does that bloke live on ffs?
  • Options

Scoham said:

What planet does that bloke live on ffs?
    Tbf, I do now have a recurring voice in my head of Robinson's response..."go ed lad, dat's a massive call dat. You bin on da bevvies??"

:smile:
  • Options
    Just seen the extended highlights of the Southend and Bristol game, (It's all I've got over here ffs) and the boy is mustard.