Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats Day - Saturday 8th April 2017

Comments

• Options
    Leeeeeeeeeeeeebuuuuuuuuuuuuurn
  • Options
    The Upbeats are the only upbeat thing about Charlton at the moment
  • Options
    I really need Saturday to happen now, it's all I have left of our famous football club. Looking forward to walking with guys again. :)
  • Options
    Yes Tracey!! That's the sort of thumbs we need!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Many thanks to @bc_addick @Dansk_Red @Redabbott @Alwaysneil for circulating this round his work, the Team Titan crew, anon and many others for helping us through the £3.5k milestone. Much appreciated all.

After last night, I appreciate this sadly feels a hard sell this morning. But 'we go again' as we we hopefully try to get to the £4K mark and a Chris Powell thumbs up, so if you have been thinking of donating, then I know how appreciated it will be.

We've also some great auction prizes being launched today so keep an eye out for those,

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charlton-Life1
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2017

Many thanks to @bc_addick @Dansk_Red @Redabbott @Alwaysneil for circulating this round his work, the Team Titan crew, anon and many others for helping us through the £3.5k milestone. Much appreciated all.

After last night, I appreciate this sadly feels a hard sell this morning. But 'we go again' as we we hopefully try to get to the £4K mark and a Chris Powell thumbs up, so if you have been thinking of donating, then I know how appreciated it will be.

We've also some great auction prizes being launched today so keep an eye out for those,

Even more reason this morning to take part IMO, we are the club, not them.
  • Options

I take your point, @AFKABartram, about being a hard sell. But, we haven't changed, The Upbeats haven't changed, it's the way this club is run that has changed. I hope everyone tries to help us get over the line to get Chris Powell's thumbs up.
  • Options
    Hahahahah Well played!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Current total is £4,074 and we move on to our next milestone of £4,250.

Hit that and the thumbs up will start going up a notch....
  • Options

Current total is £4,074 and we move on to our next milestone of £4,250.

Hit that and the thumbs up will start going up a notch....

• Options
    Can someone let me know what time we have to be at Sparrows Lane on Saturday?
  • Options

8.20am – Registration
    8.30am – Briefing, Tea, Coffee & pastries
    8.45am – Keith Peacock to introduce the legends
    9am – 9.20am – Walkers will leave the Training Ground (4 groups)
    12.15pm – 12.30pm – Walkers arrive at the finish line –Crossbars north stand complimentary hot food for the walkers.
    1.15pm – Thank you / Debrief
    1.30pm – Turnstiles open at the Valley
    1.40pm – Charlton Upbeats v Brighton Hove Albion DS team
  • Options

8.20am – Registration
    8.30am – Briefing, Tea, Coffee & pastries
    8.45am – Keith Peacock to introduce the legends
    9am – 9.20am – Walkers will leave the Training Ground (4 groups)
    12.15pm – 12.30pm – Walkers arrive at the finish line –Crossbars north stand complimentary hot food for the walkers.
    1.15pm – Thank you / Debrief
    1.30pm – Turnstiles open at the Valley
    1.40pm – Charlton Upbeats v Brighton Hove Albion DS team

Thanks Suzi
  • Options
    20 past 8!!
    5o/clock start for me then! :(
  • Options
    I had considered briefly using public transport to get me there.

Given the timings I see a cab coming on.

Anyone leaving from greenwich area who wants to share with me and @biginbrasov from westcombe park/greenwich/blackheath area, please PM me.
  • Options
    So close! will make it by lunchtime I reckon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My foot's a lot better so will definitely be there. Are we going through Greenwich park again?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2017
    Will be in cafe opposite new Eltham station from about 07:30-07:35 if anyone fancies a pre walk coffee
  • Options
    Worked out my train times so will prob arrive at the training ground for just on 8am. Getting the 7.31 from London Bridge, gets me to new eltham for 7.50
  • Options
    Sorry everyone, been a bit of a difficult week here for a couple of reasons, so I am going to regrettably give this a miss this year.
    I will make a donation next week, it is a brilliant, positive, life affirming event, and I wish everyone all the best on the walk, probably one of the best things about the club at the moment.
  • Options
    Won't be the same without you @3blokes hope you are ok mate
  • Options
    Big thanks to @DaveStorry and @C.Walsh'slovechild for your donations, much appreciated.

Struggling to push on now so if you have been thinking about donating and want to help us get to the £5k mark, it would be much appreciated

• Options
    Weather looks good for Saturday
  • Options
    That is good news. I'd never even thought about doing the walk in the pissing down rain.