Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Chrispy51 said:

bobmunro said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I’d assume the fit and proper test only applies to whoever will be the “owners and not to any financial backer/private investor

What protection is there for a private investor without either a charge on the assets (good luck with that) or in our case, more likely equity in the business - so a part 'owner'. Now whether the fit and proper test only applies to the majority shareholder or all shareholders is something I'm not sure about.

I thought the fit and proper person test would only be for the board of directors, not necessarily for the investors (unless they are all to sit on the board). Otherwise any football club that is listed on any stock exchange would have to have the test applied to any new shareholders which would clearly not happen. Without knowing how they are going to be structuring the business it is impossible to know to whom the test needs to be applied.

There would be different rules for Plcs versus private companies. The general concept, I would assume, is 'persons with significant control'. In the case of a private company that would be shareholders with more than a certain percentage (generally 25%+). For a Plc it would be executive directors.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Chrispy51 said:

bobmunro said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I’d assume the fit and proper test only applies to whoever will be the “owners and not to any financial backer/private investor

What protection is there for a private investor without either a charge on the assets (good luck with that) or in our case, more likely equity in the business - so a part 'owner'. Now whether the fit and proper test only applies to the majority shareholder or all shareholders is something I'm not sure about.

I thought the fit and proper person test would only be for the board of directors, not necessarily for the investors (unless they are all to sit on the board). Otherwise any football club that is listed on any stock exchange would have to have the test applied to any new shareholders which would clearly not happen. Without knowing how they are going to be structuring the business it is impossible to know to whom the test needs to be applied.

There would be different rules for Plcs versus private companies. The general concept, I would assume, is 'persons with significant control'. In the case of a private company that would be shareholders with more than a certain percentage (generally 25%+). For a Plc it would be executive directors.
    Fair enough, that makes sense
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think the fit and proper persons check is a farce and a load of bollox but I am sure they would expect to see the ability to have clear funds

Now if two investors have not committed then there are not clear funds

And there for no fit and proper test would be able to be completed

Mays wage bill will still be picked up by Roland as although a fee in principle has been agreed we have not been sold so it’s his problem

But you are assuming that thses two investors have not yet signed off. Whereas nothing has been said that they have signed off, nothing has been said that they have not signed off either.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

When do funds have to be lodged to service the May wage bill?

Already I would think.
    Tuesday or Wednesday would be fine, I would think. Doubt if they are paid in by cheque...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Chrispy51 said:

bobmunro said:

Taxi_Lad said:

‘Relevant Person’ means in respect of any Club any individual Person (and not any Entity) operating the powers that are usually associated with the powers of a director of a company incorporated under the 2006 Act (as a Company limited by shares or by guarantee). Further, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following individuals shall in any event be deemed to qualify as a Relevant Person:

(a) a director as defined by Section 250 of the 2006 Act;

(b) a shadow director as defined by Section 251 of the 2006 Act;

(c) a person registered as a director or secretary of the Club with the Registrar of Companies;

(d) a person for whom a Form AP01 (to be filed with the Registrar of Companies) has been completed in relation to the Club;

(e) a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the board of directors of the Club;

(f) a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the members of the Club;

(g) a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the persons constituting the management of the Club are accustomed to act;

(h) any Authorised Signatory; (i) any duly appointed signatory (as that term is utilised in Regulation 44.1);

(j) any 'chief executive' officer, 'general manager', 'chief operating officer' or any other person undertaking any duties which would objectively be considered to be equivalent to those roles;

(k) any person appointed by those with Control over the Club to represent their interests in the management of the Club; and

(l) a person who has Control over the affairs of the Club,
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

Why has nobody picked up on @JamesSeed revelation that Andy Murray might buy us on his own? So this is the mystery British bid!! :wink:

I noticed that. I remember that Andy Murray once came to the Valley for a game in the Premiership I think. If that was enough to convince him to invest then all I can say is WOW!
    Cue a host of jokes about Scots taking their time over due diligence. Noooooooooo.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Maybe as suggested by various sources it’s with the EFL and we were waiting for Sunderland’s checks to be completed before they started on ours. As a consortium they’ll need to carry out the fit and proper test on every member. How big is the consortium? No one appears to know. It could take a few weeks for many reasons and not necessarily funding.

Maybe “it’ll go through once we know what league we we’re in next season” was never really the case either.

Sunderland was done and dusted two days ago, the new owner is talking to possible new managers now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44198581
    Exactly, the EFL work on their takeover has only recently been completed.
    I would love to be proved wrong and eat a large slice of humble pie but I doubt the EFL have any info on who is buying us because nothing has been lodged.

If something had been lodged it would have been leaked and reported.
    It has been?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All the way through this process and all the way through the aussies involvement I was told they don’t have the funds , everything that person has told me has so far been bang on the money

I agree that there’s a difference in not signed off and no money but I believe the info

Since zabeel I have been sceptical of all investors or prospective owners and this is no different things leak out that is the nature of football some solid info and some shite this is pointing towards solid info at the moment because they have shown me nothing to make the info false

Fair enough point mate, but I would also suggest that most people have no idea how much money the Aussies have or are willing to spend
    They have enough to have spend £1m so far over nearly two years.
  • Options

as has been said by lots of peeps if RD appoints the CEO/CFO then the deal is off, assuming it was ever "on".We will see a fire sale and a couple of has beens in and our slide will go on. RD will go for some sort of sale of the carp park area at The Valley and go in hard ---offer LB Greenwich "affordable housing" blah blah.

sick to fecking death with it all.

I feel this is what will happen.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

as has been said by lots of peeps if RD appoints the CEO/CFO then the deal is off, assuming it was ever "on".We will see a fire sale and a couple of has beens in and our slide will go on. RD will go for some sort of sale of the carp park area at The Valley and go in hard ---offer LB Greenwich "affordable housing" blah blah.

please dont be right ..and if @sethplum, that was a deliberate fish pun i am ashamed of you

• Options
    So...who do u feel will be the S kipper next season?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

lolwray said:

seth plum said:

please dont be right ..and if @sethplum, that was a deliberate fish pun i am ashamed of you

If I inadvertently wrote a fish pun I didn't intend to (nor do I see it reading back).
    What I do know is that Duchatelet has sucked the marrow of hope from my very bones and if he continues all I want is to find a manageable way to make his life hell.
    Petty, but there it is.
    you wrote carp park
  • Options
    That was goonerhater
  • Options
    I am really bored rigid with the Takeover. Will it happen or not? Have they got enough money? Is it with the EFL. I am out, won't be looking at this thread again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

seth plum said:

lolwray said:

seth plum said:

If I inadvertently wrote a fish pun I didn't intend to (nor do I see it reading back).
    What I do know is that Duchatelet has sucked the marrow of hope from my very bones and if he continues all I want is to find a manageable way to make his life hell.
    Petty, but there it is.
    you wrote carp park
    so it it was shame on me apologies..serves me right for trying to be clever
  • Options
    Happening soon and loads of money. Have faith.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I am really bored rigid with the Takeover. Will it happen or not? Have they got enough money? Is it with the EFL. I am out, won't be looking at this thread again.

I'm starting a self-help group for fans who can't stop looking at this thread.

• Options

dickplumb said:

I'm starting a self-help group for fans who can't stop looking at this thread.

You're only just starting this?!

We needed this 400 pages ago :-)
  • Options

False prawns

It was you that started the notorious Crab Sticks thread wasn't it? Don't start again!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

False prawns

It was you that started the notorious Crab Sticks thread wasn't it? Don't start again!
    And he started the poetry.
    This needs looking into.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

False prawns

And he started the poetry.
    This needs looking into.
    Aye, chapter and verse! ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Out of respect to Steve Irwin, a fellow Antipodean and (ex) countryman of our alleged new owners, we should be ashamed of ourselves. That man tragically died at the hands (or dorsal spike) of a fish!

Shame CL
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    IMHO, those doubting that they have the money are being very very pessimistic.
    Much more to the point is are they prepared to spend it?
    Goldfinger has enormous wealth but simply isn’t interested in spending any of it once it was obvious that the multi club ‘experiment ‘ wasn’t working. He has the money to take us on an incredible journey but as he simply was never really interested in doing so he firmly shut his wallet.
    There is a lot of wealth available (‘on paper’ one might say), from the Oz guys. The real question is, are they prepared to dig deep beyond the task of simply buying the club......only time will tell but I’m positive the money is there if that’s what they choose to do.
    Muir himself is a very wealthy man but how deep is his pocket re this project?
    How wealthy are the other investors and how much are they too prepared to put in is yet to be revealed?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

All the way through this process and all the way through the aussies involvement I was told they don’t have the funds , everything that person has told me has so far been bang on the money

I agree that there’s a difference in not signed off and no money but I believe the info

Since zabeel I have been sceptical of all investors or prospective owners and this is no different things leak out that is the nature of football some solid info and some shite this is pointing towards solid info at the moment because they have shown me nothing to make the info false

Fair enough point mate, but I would also suggest that most people have no idea how much money the Aussies have or are willing to spend
    They have enough to have spend £1m so far over nearly two years.
    which is a mere drop in the ocean compared to what will be needed to make us even a competitive Championship club.

My point was regarding NLA's fear that they don't have enough. I doubt anybody, including the Aussies themselves can predict what will be spent as things change and it's dependant on other factors too.

I would be of the solid opinion that they have enough money to make us competitive, and I would imagine at the very least would make the effort initially just to get the fans onboard.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!