Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I wish I was intelligent, but it ain't gonna fkin happen now. No two weeks or two years are crucial in that respect. No idea what youre all going on about, but suspect there's a man in a cardigan just hoping.
     But as this thread has within its DNA, .....

It's the hope that kills you....

Now cue thread sayings.......
    except ...
    oh God not fish, please not fish puns...
  • Options
    It's been fun. Shutting this thread proves that we, Charlton fans, won the war against RD. It is done. Let's hope there's no need for a new takeover thread for a very long time. 
  • Options
    I’m assuming that the lawyers are not going to be unaware of the existing charges and have decided to ignore their provisions on the basis that the most they can cost is £7m in a hypothetical insolvency in which any of them come into play.

There is still the issue that the ex-directors were told one thing and are now hearing second hand a contradictory account from ESI. There may be a calculation going on that they won’t sue so can be ignored?
    Who would they sue, if they wanted to, RD or ESI, or both?   Any dispute legally lodged could hold things up couldn't it?   This also brings into question how effective the ACV is/was/will be. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m assuming that the lawyers are not going to be unaware of the existing charges and have decided to ignore their provisions on the basis that the most they can cost is £7m in a hypothetical insolvency in which any of them come into play.

There is still the issue that the ex-directors were told one thing and are now hearing second hand a contradictory account from ESI. There may be a calculation going on that they won’t sue so can be ignored?
    Who would they sue, if they wanted to, RD or ESI, or both?   Any dispute legally lodged could hold things up couldn't it?   This also brings into question how effective the ACV is/was/will be. 
    From a local government perspective I would say the ACV is pretty meaningless, especially on assets of the value of The Valley.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So from what my little head has determined...

- ESI now hold the leasehold for the football club, and with it the ‘EFL Golden Share’. The Football Club company now has ESI with significant control and Roland / Murray resigned. Likely only paid a nominal fee at this stage.

- Roland still holds the freehold of the ground / training ground. ESI most likely paying a peppercorn rent for now. ESI have a purchase agreement in place to be activated within the next 6 months. 

- Roland has now put a charge against some assets. These fall second in line to the existing Directors loans charge. These are most likely some insurance play should ESI welch on their agreed purchase order, or the outstanding amt he is due from the sale.

- There is a question on whether this new charge is what it seems or carries its validity given the position of the existing charge, lack of notification to first charge holders.

is that correct?
  • Options
    So from what my little head has determined...

- ESI now hold the leasehold for the football club, and with it the ‘EFL Golden Share’. The Football Club company now has ESI with significant control and Roland / Murray resigned. Likely only paid a nominal fee at this stage.

- Roland still holds the freehold of the ground / training ground. ESI most likely paying a peppercorn rent for now. ESI have a purchase agreement in place to be activated within the next 6 months. 

- Roland has now put a charge against some assets. These fall second in line to the existing Directors loans charge. These are most likely some insurance play should ESI welch on their agreed purchase order, or the outstanding amt he is due from the sale.

- There is a question on whether this new charge is what it seems or carries its validity given the position of the existing charge, lack of notification to first charge holders.

is that correct?
    Near enough, I think :wink:

Despite my concerns it doesn't appear to be that much of a problem IF they all go through with the purchase as agreed.  But Roland is far from gone.  As it stands. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20 minutes klaxon 
  • Options
    I’m fillin up! :'(
  • Options
    Save the thread! 
  • Options
    I think what the last 2 or 3 pages of this thread has proved is that, a little / no knowledge, is a dangerous thing. Between ESI and RD's "people" there's been some sort of arrangement that the deal will be done over a set time (6 months???).

Honestly think it's best to wait and see what comes out in the wash. Still maintain that the Organ Grinder's at the top of ESI come from good stock and know what they're doing.
  • Options
    We got a dead man walking -

• Options
    edited January 2020
    It seems wrong that the fat lady hasn't finished yet. 
  • Options
    20 minutes klaxon 

• Options

• Options
    5:45am alarm goes off. Check CL. See that grapevine has posted, and I smile, knowing I’m gonna have a cracking Tom tit this morning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the takeover isn’t complete then, is that right? Have ESI actually paid any money up front for control of CAFC? 
  • Options
    I ain't got time to read that before the thread closes Grapey!!!!
  • Options
    Eight more posts to 2265
  • Options
    The next 2 weeks are crucial for the takeover thread
  • Options
    Any added on time for time wasting ?
  • Options
    3 minutes 
  • Options
    Just sitting round with the family, pressing F5 repeatedly for the last time on this thread. It's quiet here, oh what will we do. Every now and then we think of a gif, a pun or a 'done deal'. All the best takeover thread, it's been a slice.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I've been through the 5 stages of grief in the past 2 days since the announcement. 

I am now resigned to the fact that this thread will no longer be part of my life in a matter of a few minutes.

I have taken a moment to reflect on the times we have had both good and bad. The false dawn of KM resigning leading us to believe it was near! The final cry of IOTOS as it was finally announced from the blue. The celebrations. It was beautiful.

Goodbye my old friend goodbye. :'(
  • Options
    In my mind the takeover isn’t truly done until the same person owns the club, ground and training ground - they (particularly the first two) are indivisible. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!