Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1982, British forces accept Argentina's surrender to end The Falklands War. Also The Mary Rose is raised from the seabed over 400 years after it sunk.
  • I take it with the fact that there is no 'Takeover' news that means all potential buyers have now gone? @JamesSeed do you know if  Aussies have now also walked? Is the fans forum due to meet with LVT again soon, perhaps he can shed some light on  whats happened (without lying!!)

I’ll try to find out.
    It’s gone horribly quiet, but GM’s always said he’d let me know if they pull out. 
  • edited August 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    I take it with the fact that there is no 'Takeover' news that means all potential buyers have now gone? @JamesSeed do you know if  Aussies have now also walked? Is the fans forum due to meet with LVT again soon, perhaps he can shed some light on  whats happened (without lying!!)

I’ll try to find out.
    It’s gone horribly quiet, but GM’s always said he’d let me know if they pull out. 
    Thanks @JamesSeed, I'm hoping that someone is still in for two reasons-:
    If we are not in with a chance of play-offs etc by the time January comes, then RD will sell Taylor come what may!

If we are in with a chance of the play-offs, I don't think RD will provide enough funds to push for promotion as he has never portrayed any traits to suggest otherwise.

We need new owners with vision, prepared to hold on to Taylor and offer him what he wants, as well as looking to bolster the squad, for either a play-off push or a survival push, one way or the other I don't believe RD is the person.
  • Scoham said:
    Concise and to the point from one of the horse's mouth's.

• Surely the good start to the season will create interest..... the trouble is it also causes Roland’s price to rise as well I assume.
  • Surely the good start to the season will create interest..... the trouble is it also causes Roland’s price to rise as well I assume.
    Catch 22
  • Scoham said:
    Concise and to the point from one of the horse's mouth's.

Neigh
  • Sponsored links:

• It has been my opinion for a month or so now that RD is looking at the Championship transfer market and seeing that he may go back to his original plan.  If he can unearth  2-3 young talents in this league (and of course have them under contract), you could potentially recoup £20-25m and then he sells the club at £25-30m and he is home and hosed.  He can afford to gamble.  The issue of course with the above is where these talents would come from as our squad is loanees, older players or people on one year contracts.  There is little ‘saleable/potential’ outside longer shots like Morgan, Lapslie and Bonne.  Whilst i detest the fella, if he leaves Bowyer and Gallen alone to wheal and deal then I will tolerate him for the time being.
  • A mate told me on Sunday that he thought that Roland might be having a change of plan based on a hunch from how the sale price and sponsorship packages had changed.

He wasn't sure what.
    It's obvious, isn't it?

In the summer Lee Bowyer has said to Roland, give me a new contract on my terms: pay me what I'm worth, allow me to keep a decent proportion of player sales, complete autonomy of the playing side ........ and I'll get you in the Premier League.

Then you can sell the club and any buyer will bite your hand off to pay what you want.

And that'll be a £1mill pay off for me, Jacko, Steve and Marsh.
    Sign here. Thanks, Roland. :smile:

• Has there been any new interest from potential buyers since the talksport

"They see things"

"Don't buy English football clubs" Rant/purposely negative sales pitch.

No, I didn't think so.

This is such a weird and baffling situation.

• Oggy Red said:
    A mate told me on Sunday that he thought that Roland might be having a change of plan based on a hunch from how the sale price and sponsorship packages had changed.

He wasn't sure what.
    It's obvious, isn't it?

In the summer Lee Bowyer has said to Roland, give me a new contract on my terms: pay me what I'm worth, allow me to keep a decent proportion of player sales, complete autonomy of the playing side ........ and I'll get you in the Premier League.

Then you can sell the club and any buyer will bite your hand off to pay what you want.

I think we will do well to stay up. With a squad with many loans and the rest with short contracts including the coaches it smacks of nothing really changing from the owner. 
    Hopefully I will be very wrong.
  • edited August 2019
    Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:
    A mate told me on Sunday that he thought that Roland might be having a change of plan based on a hunch from how the sale price and sponsorship packages had changed.

He wasn't sure what.
    It's obvious, isn't it?

I think we will do well to stay up. With a squad with many loans and the rest with short contracts including the coaches it smacks of nothing really changing from the owner. 
    You could have written exactly that, twelve months ago
    It gets more difficult to perform miracles the longer and higher we go. 
    Lets not kid ourselves too much, things are not right at our club.
    Although as we have just scored I’m less pessimistic 10 minutes from my first post.
  • Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:

He wasn't sure what.
    It's obvious, isn't it?

You could have written exactly that, twelve/24/36/48 months ago
     :) 
  • Roland out!
  • Roland staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dushataface out.
  • Fear not everyone: Jonathan Acworth is on the case!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">im putting together a consortium to buy out roland ive already had 3 replies from people sent out prob more get back next week if anyone likes help get involved email me and perhaps we can remove roland out before january</p>&mdash; Jonathan Acworth-Waldegrave (@JonathanAcwort1) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonathanAcwort1/status/1165708699371020288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <br>

Well I’m up for it. Where do I send my tenner and can I be CEO as I am semi retired so the hours would suit. No previous experience but make a great cuppa.
  • edited August 2019
    Nope nothing new to look at!
  • This thread has become a bit like [insert your own gag here] - firmly stuck in the 80s.
  • Off_it said:
    This thread has become a bit like [insert your own gag here] - firmly stuck in the 80s.
    [Bank Holiday temperatures] 
  • Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:

He wasn't sure what.
    It's obvious, isn't it?

You could have written exactly that, twelve months ago
    And that is the problem with Roland we are in a perpetual negative groundhog day, never able to plan to move forward only able to fear going backwards.
  • Chizz said:
    Off_it said:
    This thread has become a bit like [insert your own gag here] - firmly stuck in the 80s.
    [Bank Holiday temperatures] 
    My wardrobe 🕺
  • edited August 2019
    Just a cotton picking minute. Don't tell me this could have been us. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49477788
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!