Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves (pg 11 - signed for Plymouth.)

Comments

• Options

Reeves will come good - just not with us.

This x1000 I've lost count of the amount of fantastic players we sign, turn out to be shite with us then go on to do great things.
  • Options
    He's just anonymous whenever he plays. Rarely see him do anything of note. Rarely gets on the ball - I forget he is even there most games to be honest.
  • Options
    If he is still around, I do not expect any good from Reeves before next season
  • Options
    He'd be better with someone creating space in front of him.
  • Options
    sm said:

Who gave him the keys to the Darren Ambrose Memorial Hiding Hole located somewhere in the middle of the pitch.

Ambrose was decent enough in the 05/06 season. Reeves is the only player that doesn't fit into a 442 system ; get rid
  • Options

Players that don’t get or get a disrupted pre season rarely have a good time of it in my experience.

In Reeves case it would seem that his inability to get up to speed can be laid firmly at his door. His attitude before we signed him stank to high heaven.

I’m convinced he will be a decent signing over his contract. He’s obviously got something about him. Certainly a good league one player if he’s fully fit and committed.

Another reason why I want rid of Robinson. Sat back waiting for Reeves to sign, when we already had enough midfielders & false 10's and crying out for a decent striker.

I said it at the time that Reeves would need to pull out all the stops to get me on his side, and he has actually performed worse than even I could imagine. Total waste of space, not needed & taken up the wages that should have gone on a player that we really need.
  • Options
    The thing about Reeves is, that there is a player who has had success at this level.

I'm not saying he has showed it in a Charlton shirt, (he palpably hasn't) but the fans and coaching staff had every expectation that he should.

I was excited when he turned up at the Ipswich game, and was delighted when he signed.

Is he just another one of those players that performs, but only at one particular club?
  • Options
    probably been put on this thread already but ..........charltonised
  • Options
    You could play in slippers as a defenders against Reeves and KAG, they’re league one simon church’s, like watching a puppy trying to climb out a bath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally think he cannot make an impact because virtually all the opposition don't attack against Charlton, they just play on the break. Combine that with the slow paced Charlton sideways passing and Reeves has few opportunities to do much.
  • Options
    Appearances in all competitions this season 11 (6). Goals 5.

Looks light weight and like he needs us to be on top in games for him to get involved, but has got the best goals to games ratio at the club this season apart from Fosu.

Bit early to be writing him off as not good enough, but that is they way Charlton fans seem to be with players these days - don't hit top form in your first appearance, you'll never recover you reputation.
  • Options

Looks light weight and like he needs us to be on top in games for him to get involved, but has got the best goals to games ratio at the club this season apart from Fosu.

Bit early to be writing him off as not good enough, but that is they way Charlton fans seem to be with players these days - don't hit top form in your first appearance, you'll never recover you reputation.

We saw the two against Truro.. yes, I agree we should give him time but he has been truly dire in recent games ( I confess, I haven't been away)
  • Options
    Am I the only one wondering who represents Reeves?
  • Options
    I was excited at his arrival.However, that was based on his 'Greatest hits' on YouTube. On the occasions I've seen him you can see glimmers of a genuine talent, but the overall impression is of a player who's timid and a bit lost.
    In the unlikely event a film should ever be made of his career, Toby Jones would be a shoo-in to play him.
  • Options
    I think he's an intelligent player. Needs a run in the team
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Am I the only one wondering who represents Reeves?

Well KR had a financial interest in Deli Ali's agent's whilst giving him his debut MKD (and selling him) so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a similar thing with other players. (Big Sam was renowned for getting players he was managing to sign to his son's agency)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reeves is never going to make a difference when we persist with the very slow buildup down the wings.

Homes and DeSilva pull an extra defender out left. Good.

The gap is then down the middle and not via a long string of passes out the other side.

This is why I think KAG and Aribo are so effective when they come on as they attack the middle. Unfortunately, by then it is desperation time and Reeves is off.
  • Options

That 5 is a bit misleading seeing that 2 goals were in the FA Cup (against non league opposition), while 2 goals were in the Checkatrade...
  • Options
    Think he will come good and get us lots of goals. Since he has been fit the rest of the decent players haven’t and we have been playing an unsettled team since. Once everyone is back fit and we hit a bit form again I can see him playing a big part in our surge to finish in the top half of the table.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It’s not like we weren’t warned about his continual injury failings.......plenty of info from a few MK Dons posters on CL at the time he signed for us, if my memory serves me right.
  • Options

It’s not like we weren’t warned about his continual injury failings.......plenty of info from a few MK Dons posters on CL at the time he signed for us, if my memory serves me right.

I don't think he has ever stayed fit enough to play more than 30 matches in any one season of his career. And more than once has missed enough time to only play 18 or so. I know everyone talked about his "creativity" but the injuries, combined with his holdout in coming here, never made me very excited for his arrival.

2013-14 missed 64 days with malleolar injury
    2014-15 missed 80+ with ankle injury
    2014-15 missed last 1/3 of season with calf injury
    2015-16 missed 30 days with calf injury
  • Options

That 5 is a bit misleading seeing that 2 goals were in the FA Cup (against non league opposition), while 2 goals were in the Checkatrade...
    Other first team players played in those games and didn’t score.
  • Options

I don't think he has ever stayed fit enough to play more than 30 matches in any one season of his career. And more than once has missed enough time to only play 18 or so. I know everyone talked about his "creativity" but the injuries, combined with his holdout in coming here, never made me very excited for his arrival.

2013-14 missed 64 days with malleolar injury
    2014-15 missed 80+ with ankle injury
    2014-15 missed last 1/3 of season with calf injury
    2015-16 missed 30 days with calf injury
    I thought he had on going hamstring problems (in both legs) going back several years?
  • Options
    He might have, I just got the info from articles online. There may be more.
  • Options
    More legs?
  • Options
    New lyrics just in from ZZ top “Reeve’s got legs and he knows how to bruise them”