Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

Comments

• SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

OUT: Dodoo.
    IN: Mavididi.

Direct replacement. The playing budget stays the same or less.

Upgrade in quality at least.
    Dunno... Mavididi has to score three goals before he can be classed as an upgrade ;)
  • People on here saying recall RCC he was injured at Woking a month ago and is currently on crutches.
  • People on here saying recall RCC he was injured at Woking a month ago and is currently on crutches.

Didn't he come back and play a U23 game? @snakedavis

No I don't think so. Even Charlton players out on loan get injured. There seems to be a curse on the Club.

• edited January 2018

People on here saying recall RCC he was injured at Woking a month ago and is currently on crutches.

Didn't he play in the Checkered Shirt game at Swansea?

EDIT; Post crossed with Snakedavis, above.
  • edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Players unavailable for selection on 28/12/17 due to injury:
    Ricky Holmes
    Billy Clarke
    Lewis Page
    Tariqe Fosu
    Jake Forster-Caskey
    Chris Solly
    Jason Pearce
    Patrick Bauer
    Leon Best
    Mark Marshall

Also unable to be called in to fill the bench or play due to injuries:
    Louis Yamfam
    Kenneth Yao
    Taylor Maloney
    Mikhail Kennedy
    Archie Edwards
    Regan Charles-Cook

• SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Dunno... Mavididi has to score three goals before he can be classed as an upgrade ;)
    Football isn't only about stats
  • dickplumb said:

People on here saying recall RCC he was injured at Woking a month ago and is currently on crutches.

No I don't think so. Even Charlton players out on loan get injured. There seems to be a curse on the Club.

Checkatrade say @snakedavis said, knew he'd come back

He played in the checkatrade at Swansea Henry in early December, then went back and got injured, he joins a second list of players currently out which includes Michail Kennedy, Taylor Maloney, Kenneth Yao, Archie Edwards and Louis Yamfam.

Thanks, I knew he'd been recalled.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Of course, Mavididi was Robinson's target anyway last summer.
    He was so disappointed not to get him - but he's finally got him now.

There must be something about Robinson - both Dasilva and now Mavididi pleased to come back to Charlton, after being on loan here last season.

Hmmm. Didn't Robinson want Reeves last January & couldn't get him, so chased him again in the summer. Looks like Robinson can't let go & move on and has to get his man, whatever the cost.

As I've just posted on the "Robinson says...." thread - weird how mavadidi is the first (and now probably the only) player we'll sign in January, when we all know that the main problem is am experinced main striker to play with or replace Magennis, not a youngster who hasn't scored in the league. Me thinks someone is telling porkies.........
  • JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

There is only one stat that matters... the overall score!!
  • edited January 2018

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

There must be something about Robinson - both Dasilva and now Mavididi pleased to come back to Charlton, after being on loan here last season.

Hmmm. Didn't Robinson want Reeves last January & couldn't get him, so chased him again in the summer. Looks like Robinson can't let go & move on and has to get his man, whatever the cost.

As I've just posted on the "Robinson says...." thread - weird how mavadidi is the first (and now probably the only) player we'll sign in January, when we all know that the main problem is am experinced main striker to play with or replace Magennis, not a youngster who hasn't scored in the league. Me thinks someone is telling porkies.........
    Even if Mavididi isn't the main target for the January window, it doesn't mean that it isn't worth signing him. It's not as if he'll cost us much anyway, other than a guarantee to be in the matchday squad probably.
  • JamesSeed said:

Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

third tier club in turmoil.

"third tier club in turmoil"

Good alliteration. Very appropiate.

Mate, I missed a better one:

Third tier team in turmoil.
    Or even
    Turd tier team in turmoil
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Even if Mavididi isn't the main target for the January window, it doesn't mean that it isn't worth signing him. It's not as if he'll cost us much anyway, other than a guarantee to be in the matchday squad probably.
    Henry Irving often spouts this..........saying that when you're planning your xmas dinner you don't buy everything at once, or in order, but as & when.

That's may be the case, but if it comes to xmas day & you haven't got a fecking turkey because you left it until 11pm xmas eve & all the shops were shut you'd be looking pretty silly.

And KR is looking pretty silly.
  • edited January 2018
    Not really I prefer Chicken, got more taste :wink: .
  • JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

There is only one stat that matters... the overall score!!
    Exactly.
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Henry Irving often spouts this..........saying that when you're planning your xmas dinner you don't buy everything at once, or in order, but as & when.

That's may be the case, but if it comes to xmas day & you haven't got a fecking turkey because you left it until 11pm xmas eve & all the shops were shut you'd be looking pretty silly.

Charlton is looking even more silly.

The thing that would make me most happy is if RD makes an overall loss after his involvement with the club is over. Would be horrible if he messed up the club so badly and made a profit in the process.
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Not saying there isn't, but is there anything to back this up other than the usual 'pleased to be at my new club'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

In terms of the window we're nowhere near "Christmas Eve" yet. Yes it would be good to get a turkey in early, but not if it means overpaying and ending up with an unfit one...
  • We are the experts when it comes to signing turkeys.
  • limeygent said:

Wonder who's doing the negotiating at the moment?

Sue Parkes?
    Once she's stopped scoffing.
  • JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

You try telling that to SeriouslyRed........
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

But not having the Turkey is down to being a bunch of useless clowns, not really because you bought them crackers in October.
  • RedChaser said:

Who's this Snag and how tall is he?

As I've mentioned before, Doyle, Preston, half inch short of 6 foot, currently sidelined with a blood clot in his leg, was on KR's radar.
    And who Turned us down earlier in the season
  • RedChaser said:

As I've mentioned before, Doyle, Preston, half inch short of 6 foot, currently sidelined with a blood clot in his leg, was on KR's radar.
    I was aware of this and that you've got a contact who entertained you in hospitality at Oldham. If your point is why would he want to come south now, maybe he has had a rethink since then. We all know money talks and personal circumstances change so maybe it was more attractive to him now.

Of course the takeover activity and SMT departures not to mention Doyle's injury have disrupted things. We were told yesterday that Steve Gallen has been working hard behind the scenes to bring players in.............unless KR was not referring to Doyle as one of those after all. However dick plumb, who's normally on the money, also identified him as a prime target.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I was aware of this and that you've got a contact who entertained you in hospitality at Oldham. If your point is why would he want to come south now, maybe he has had a rethink since then. We all know money talks and personal circumstances change so maybe it was more attractive to him now.

Of course the takeover activity and SMT departures not to mention Doyle's injury have disrupted things. We were told yesterday that Steve Gallen has been working hard behind the scenes to bring players in.............unless KR was not referring to Doyle as one of those after all. However dick plumb, who's normally on the money, also identified him as a prime target.
    I got the impression that Karl was saying they have players ready to join, but no-one to buy them.
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I got the impression that Karl was saying they have players ready to join, but no-one to buy them.
    Katrien took all the pens when she left
  • edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes me too, he mentioned six players on his radar and four of those would happily walk through the door now (with implied different circumstances). So two couldn't and my hunch is one of those two was the injured Doyle whom Oldham manager Riichie Wellens initially felt could be out for months.