Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Our opponents for the Continental Cup (i.e. the league cup) have been drawn. Frustratingly, we're in an all-Championship group without a single WSL club. We play Bristol City, Lewes and Palace. Dates and which games are home or away to be confirmed. 

Quarter finals are due to be Chelsea, plus provisionally Manchester City and Arsenal, plus the five group winners. If one of City or Arsenal don't make it in Europe, that club goes into the group stage of the league cup and there will be a place in the quarters for the second-placed club with the best points per game. If Arsenal don't qualify, there's a one in three chance of them being added to our group. 

Meanwhile, Southampton have put tickets on sale for our game there on Saturday 20th. £8 adults and seniors, £2 under-18. Not sure if prices are higher if you pay on the day. Don't use the link in the article on our website - that goes to the men's game at Sheffield Wednesday which is ever so slightly more expensive. If you want to buy in advance, there's a link on the Southampton website.
  • Options
    women 1-0 up at half time in their friendly against WSL West Spam. Goal from new signing Heidi Logan. 
  • Options
    Lost 1-2 in the end. Still sounds a good perforance against a WSL side. 
  • Options
    Good test for the girls that 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    They've just won 2-0 @ Southampton, first game of the season
  • Options
    Thought we weren't at our best today but were a lot better than Saints. Should have battered them towards the end really but good to get off to a winning start with a lot of new player needing to gel.
  • Options
    We bought a women's season ticket. Likely to get to a few but not all games. Partly a show of support partly at £30 (senior) can't go wrong. However haven't received yet. Anyone else got theirs? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    We bought a women's season ticket. Likely to get to a few but not all games. Partly a show of support partly at £30 (senior) can't go wrong. However haven't received yet. Anyone else got theirs? 
    No. Called the office on Friday - they're still to be sent out.
  • Options
    Thanks, leaving it late. Can't be that many 
  • Options
    Just noticed Sunday's game is 4.30! who fixes these silly times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    I think it's down to the broadcast deal. The first couple of rounds of games are happening before the WSL starts up, and the games are being spread around the weekend for the FA player, in a similar pattern to how the WSL games get moved around. The other home games are all due to be 2pm Sundays, except Durham and Sunderland which kick off early to allow the visitors to get home at a sensible time.
  • Options
    1st home game. I thought the emphasis should be on trying to get people interested in attending the women's game. Probably counts us out. I also expect the number of children will be well down. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Thanks, leaving it late. Can't be that many 
    They previously said they were being sent out 10 days ago. Not sure if they realise we only get postal deliveries every couple of days.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I think it's down to the broadcast deal. The first couple of rounds of games are happening before the WSL starts up, and the games are being spread around the weekend for the FA player, in a similar pattern to how the WSL games get moved around. The other home games are all due to be 2pm Sundays, except Durham and Sunderland which kick off early to allow the visitors to get home at a sensible time.
    FA Player can manage to stream all the games. Is the game being broadcast live on TV?

Really get fed up with the commentaries. Always home biased. You would think Southampton were the better side on Saturday if you listened to it.
  • Options
    There was an email to all ST purchasers Monday evening. I was going to copy the text, but for some reason it's been sent as an image. Cutting it a bit fine, but they do seem to be hinting that if you haven't had it by Friday call the ticket office and they'll sort something out.

It's going to be interesting to see what the attendance is like. Not a great kickoff time, but last weekend Southampton, Durham and Blackburn all got crowds over 1000 and Birmingham got close to 700 which are well up on last season's figures, so maybe it will even out.

• Options
    My ST arrived today. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Just received mine.
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    Season tickets were sent out first class. If you haven't received yours by now a call to the ticket office would be a good idea.
  • Options
    I've just had a phone call from a member of staff checking I'd received mine. If you haven't had your yet and you get a call from a number ending 4000, answer it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes very polite young lady. Sounds like 80-100 season ticket sold which is more than last year. Still a long way from it being sustainable though. Long term project. 
  • Options
    From the preview article for the Lionesses game on Sunday on the website:

PRICES
    Adult: £8
    Concessions: £4

Supporters who have a men's first team season ticket can redeem a free ticket for Charlton Athletic Women's game against London City Lionesses (Sunday, August 28th KO 4:30 pm) by following the below instructions:

1. Log into the account of the 2022/23 season ticket holder.
    2. Click on Women’s home games
    3. Add a ticket to your basket
    4. The ticket will discount to zero value as it will recognise that you have logged in under as a 2022/23 season ticket holder.
    5. Proceed to checkout.
    6. Select delivery method
    7. Agree to terms and conditions and click pay.
  • Options
    got my freebie  via season ticket
  • Options
    We tried but wanted to charge us £15 for two, we are ST holders. My sister had the same so that’s 4 of us that won’t be going. 
  • Options
    We tried but wanted to charge us £15 for two, we are ST holders. My sister had the same so that’s 4 of us that won’t be going. 
    Have you followed the instructions above? It's one ticket per men's ticket. In a party of 4 two will have to pay.
  • Options
    Yep followed instructions to the letter, we are both ST holders. Tried numerous times but same each time 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yep followed instructions to the letter, we are both ST holders. Tried numerous times but same each time 
    but you say you are trying to get 4 tickets. One each for the season ticket entered individually. The extra 2 would need to be entered afterwards and paid for.

So 3 transactions.
  • Options
    Latest on Twitter. Holders of men's season tickets get in free by showing their season at the gate.

• Options
    Holders of “men’s” season tickets. Surely you mean adults??
  • Options
    Holders of “men’s” season tickets. Surely you mean adults??
    No it means holders of season tickets for the men's team. This presumably applies whether it be adult, senior or child.