Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Just because the men’s teams are big clubs doesn’t meant their  women’s teams are. 

Need to to stop judging by the same standards. 

But in this instance, Man Utd are the only full time professional team in the Womens Championship.
    - and because of the wages they pay, can entice players from the Womens Super League.

The rest of the Championship are part time clubs.

Man  utd, will be rivals to Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal in two years time in the woman's game. 
    Man City women already use the same training complex as the men. They also have their own purpose build stadium which reflects the smaller crowds.

Only Liverpool who realize on young players this season and Spurs who are in the championship are off the pace or otherwise the same teams who dominate men's football in England would dominate the female game.

• Options
    Greenwood was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Ejupi did well for Charlton but I felt a bit sorry for her upfront on her own with little support.

Nice little ground there, used to play tennis there years ago but I didn't remember the football stadium.

• Options
    Excellent 2-1 win over London Bees at The Hive today.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    On the day that the Professional woman's team of Man United confirmed they will win the Championship by thumping second played Spurs 5-1, Charlton had a great away win at London bees 2-1 with both strikers Liz Ejupi and Kit Graham on the score sheet and the bees getting a consolation goal in the last minute.

Will be interesting to see how Charlton get on at home to Spurs after a narrow 2-1 home defeat last week to United. I hope they don't show too much respect for Spurs and play Ejupi and Graham from the get go.

The top 4 is secure now for Cafc and still have an away day at Bromley Hayes Lane (Palace) to look forward to. Will be an edge to this game as Cafc won on last minute goal being flagged by lino but over ruled by Ref for a 2-1 win earlier in the season.
  • Options

• Options

Great achievement.

Maybe not going up is a blessing in disguise what with the requirement to go full time.
    I agree. I don't think they're ready...yet!

Will be soon, though.
  • Options
    Fantastic achievement by the team and well deserved.
  • Options
    well done to everyone at CAFCW
  • Options
    Really fantastic achievement by everyone involved. It’s such a good thing that Charlton have yet another thing to be really proud of. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Superb achievement for CAFCW in their first season in the Championship. As others have said may be blessing that they didn't pip Spurs for 2nd as infrastructure not ready for Premier at the moment.
    I have enjoyed the 6 games I managed to get to this season  and the girls won every one. Highlights were seeing the double over Palace (Last minute winner at home) and the win over Millwall at the Valley.

Great team effort with the partnership of Liz Ejupi and Kit Graham really blossoming once Kit got over her injury.
    It would be fantastic if the girls could get more financial backing so that not only can they keep their better players but add to it so if they finish in a top position next season, they could go up and go full time. 
  • Options
    Another comfortable home win 4-0. Well done girls.
    Dunno how you always manage to predict the score. :smile:

• Options
    Yep same from my littleun & myself,the girls should be proud of themselves & how they have done...👏👏👏,it was our 1st season of popping along to the VCD ground...managed to be able to get to 6 games...saw one loss in the cup & the Spurs game,but played well enough to deserve more in both...we will be back for next season defo...
    Cmon U Addicks...!!
  • Options
    Well done to the girls. Hope they manage to retain the squad for next season. 
    Need to find a way to drive up attendances to progress further.
    One step would be try and get home games at different weekend to the men's teams. 
  • Options
    Kit Graham has signed for Spurs despite being under contract at cafc and against the wishes of the club ?

Bizarre situation.
  • Options
    Is she not under contract to cafc?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is she not under contract to cafc?? 
    Going by what Louis says; yeah she's still got a Contract @ Charlton

I guess this'll just be a repeat of the Jermaine Defoe case...

We'll probably get given a couple of thousand as hush money and that'll be it
  • Options
    Are Charlton players full-time?
  • Options
    Sad for Cafc, but Kit Graham gets a chance to go full time in WSL.
  • Options
    Sad for Cafc, but Kit Graham gets a chance to go full time in WSL.
    If that's the case then fair enough from her point of view but you'd think Spurs might have gone through the correct channels.
  • Options
    She must’ve known she’s going against her contract too. Proper dick move. 
  • Options
    The Irony is Cafc were 2-0 up on Spurs and lost 3-2 at The Oakwood Crayford.

Spurs finished 5 points clear of Charlton to finish 2nd and get promoted with Cafc 3rd.

A six pointer ! 

• Options
    I don’t think any Charlton fan would begrudge Kit this move, if it were done properly. 

No winners in this imo. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Really Disappointing.

cafc Women are not full time and Kit seemed really happy as a Charlton player having been here for a number of years.

seems like poor form from the player and Sours
  • Options
    You can’t stop a part timer leaving for a full time contract but can understand Croydon are gutted Kit has left them.