Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    razil said:
    That was while he was ‘losing’ money, the assumption held by many it seems at the moment is he is aiming at break even
    True and i hope you are right but there is still the small matter of him wanting his money sunk back so if he can turn a profit and repay some of his loans there must be a significant temptation for him to do so.
  • Options
    razil said:
    all depends how many clubs are desperate for a striker in Jan, if Prem money is involved and, it could still go silly
    He certainly wont be going to a Premiership club.
  • Options
    Clubs can become desperate in January. The trick is being willing to take the risk of not selling a player, and you can still get top dollar. 
  • Options
    razil said:
    all depends how many clubs are desperate for a striker in Jan, if Prem money is involved and, it could still go silly
    We all thought that about Grant this time last year. If he’s scored 10+ by the end of December and a struggling team are desperate for a striker there could definitely be Prem interest.
  • Options
    He could interest a Premiership club that looks set for relegation. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    razil said:
    We all thought that about Grant this time last year. If he’s scored 10+ by the end of December and a struggling team are desperate for a striker there could definitely be Prem interest.
    Definitely. A horrible thought, but a PL team desperate for a striker would be the one based near Croydon...
  • Options
    razil said:
    He will if he's scored a dozen goals by Christmas.
  • Options
    We wouldn't sell him to Palarse.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    We wouldn't ...... but Roland might.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    RD would sell his mum to palace in the money was right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB: “Tyrone Mears has gone. Adam Matthews is still here. He played on Tuesday and did well, so we’re happy with his progress. He didn’t have a pre-season, but what I’ve seen so far is promising.” #cafc
  • Options
    LB: "It’s the same as last season, it just means people are recognising the job we’re doing here. We’re happy here and we’ll keep doing what we’re doing.” #cafc
  • Options
    I would look to loan a player or two to Bolton (assuming geography isn't an issue for the player) as they will definitely get game time.  particularly good for Morgan as he will have to learn the defensive side of it pretty quickly! 
  • Options
    Any mention of Solly for Saturday?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Solly slipped several sessions so Saturday seems steps slightly soon. Sorry Solly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    I would look to loan a player or two to Bolton (assuming geography isn't an issue for the player) as they will definitely get game time.  particularly good for Morgan as he will have to learn the defensive side of it pretty quickly! 
    Game time yes but do they want the players around a squad that could potentially be very negative due to probable relegation?

Although it could be a great atmosphere as the fans will be so happy that they still have a football club and the pressure will be off
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    Game time yes but do they want the players around a squad that could potentially be very negative due to probable relegation?

Although it could be a great atmosphere as the fans will be so happy that they still have a football club and the pressure will be off

Reckon it would be a decent move. Like you say pressure off and if Bowyer wants him to work on the defensive side of his game then he'll certainly be getting a lot of that up there
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    It's remarkable how very good a manager Bowyer has become in a very short space in time. It's not too exaggerated to say that he has saved our club from a slow and painful slide into anonymity 
    The best managers throughout the last 50 years have been above all people managers able to understand the differing needs of players and the different approaches required for each character - that is a trait learned very young. Clough, Ferguson, Busby, Shankly, Stein, Wenger et al - clearly Lee has that trait in abundance. All he needed was a stage on which to perform those behaviours - then it takes no time at all.

Edit: before someone comments - I'm not comparing Bowyer to the greats I listed, just the characteristics.
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Bows did say that Oshi won't play until after the international break.

That means Solly, if fit, surely starts at RB on Saturday?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

She's a Millennial ..... she can't walk without a phone stuck to her ear.

#lookwhereyouregoingFFS

• Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Players going to Bolton this season have got a "free hit". The club isn't expected to do anything other than get relegated having started the season on -12 points and then losing the senior players so there will be no pressure on anyone playing for them.

If anything, it might allow them to play with a bit more freedom.
  • Options
    Sage said:

LB: “Lyle came back with a bit of a knock. We’ve put him in a brace which is just a precaution, but we’ll be looking to get him back out on the pitch tomorrow. Hopefully he comes through that ok and be available for Saturday.” #cafc

It must really be the minutest of injuries if he's even considering him for Saturday. Good news I guess, but like some have said I'd rather not take the risk and rush him back... we do have Hemed.