Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

You’ve got to wonder at what point in his life he’s gonna regret picking us over Sunderland.....I’m thinking around about May next year......

Hope I’m wrong mind

Seems he chose Charlton over Sunderland for “football” reasons. I presume one being pretty much a guaranteed starting place. Think that’s less likely at Sunderland. He’s also a local lad and has said friends and family are important to him. Unless we bomb I don’t think he’ll have too many regrets.

Did I mention that Sunderland is a shit hole.

• Options

I’m pleased Taylor has signed. He’s got some goals in him and I like the fact he’s mobile and not just a league one lump. On the other hand his record isn’t that fantastic which is why he hasn’t been snapped up by a Championship club. On the whole he’s the striker we needed to sign this time last year. I do think people are getting a bit carried away thinking he’s going to fire us to promotion but regardless he’s given us a new dimension up front which quite frankly couldn’t have been any worse. Should we lose Magennis then I think we need to find a replacement. I’m discounting Vetokele as an option because I think there’s zero chance of him staying. Starting the season with Taylor, Ajose and the two lads currently having problems in Ibiza would put us back to square one. Mag has to stay or be replaced.

Knock em cold Lyle.

agree entirely
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

You’ve got to wonder at what point in his life he’s gonna regret picking us over Sunderland.....I’m thinking around about May next year......

Hope I’m wrong mind

Seems he chose Charlton over Sunderland for “football” reasons. I presume one being pretty much a guaranteed starting place. Think that’s less likely at Sunderland. He’s also a local lad and has said friends and family are important to him. Unless we bomb I don’t think he’ll have too many regrets.

& will struggle big time next year, imo.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Hope I’m wrong mind

You sound like Donald Trump.

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Hope I’m wrong mind

Sad
  • Options
    If Bowyer can get in 5 signings that are of this calibre then we would have reason to look forward to next season but given the circus that is going on in the boardroom at present I just can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Good signing. Who will leave now though?

Vetokele? Ahearne-Grant? Hackett-Fairchild?
  • Options
    We need a squad.
    Injuries.
    We might have a decent starting 11 if everybody is available, but we all know if doesn't work like that, except Duchatelet.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Hope I’m wrong mind

Sad
    It was a joke.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Howells said:

If Bowyer can get in 5 signings that are of this calibre then we would have reason to look forward to next season but given the circus that is going on in the boardroom at present I just can't see it happening.

We finished 6th. 8-9 squad players left.

How can we replace them with 5 and we expect to do any better?
  • Options

Howells said:

Bowyer only asked The Rat for 4 players if The Rat sells 5
  • Options

Howells said:

@Chris_from_Sidcup

What do you propose then? A load of loanees? Maybe sign a few journeymen looking for a final paycheque?

• Options
    Howells said:

Howells said:

@Chris_from_Sidcup

What do you propose then? A load of loanees? Maybe sign a few journeymen looking for a final paycheque?

I'm not questioning the signing of Taylor, i'm questioning how Bowyer thinks 5 arrivals will be enough. I don't personally think the squad was good enough before, and now we're reducing the numbers. The defence is already significantly worse than last season.

If we can get loanees of the quality of Amos and Dasilva then yes i'm for it, if they're like Kaikai then no thanks.
  • Options
    Four arrivals.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

If the takeover goes through and Bowyer gets the job I expect he’ll suddenly want more than another 3 signings.

I agree, but as it stands it was five out four in. Bowyer's words.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Scoham said:

If the takeover goes through and Bowyer gets the job I expect he’ll suddenly want more than another 3 signings.

Five out IN ADDITION to Amos, Dasilva, Kashi, Jackson, Kaikai, Mavididi and Zyro who have already left.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

dickplumb said:

Scoham said:

Five out IN ADDITION to Amos, Dasilva, Kashi, Jackson, Kaikai, Mavididi and Zyro who have already left.
    That goes without saying. But it would'nt be Duchatelet if he didn't leave the squad with holes in it. He has done it every season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So two have gone, who are the other three? Sarr played little under Bow but would need replacing. Reeves and Ajose haven't delivered so perhaps that is the three, although is JFK a luxury player who does many things well but none to mark him as a player in a particular role.
  • Options

So two have gone, who are the other three? Sarr played little under Bow but would need replacing. Reeves and Ajose haven't delivered so perhaps that is the three, although is JFK a luxury player who does many things well but none to mark him as a player in a particular role.

Bowyer seems to like reeves out wide tucking in.
  • Options
    Spot on Exiled Addick
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Being an arrogant twat is not such a bad trait in a striker @Weegie Addick , aong with single mindedness and self belief to put the ball in the net. Firmani, Hales, Mendonca, Yann all had an air of arrogance about them. If he does half as well as those legends he'll do for me :wink: .

I hear you played number 9 60 years ago mate.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

RedChaser said:

Being an arrogant twat is not such a bad trait in a striker @Weegie Addick , aong with single mindedness and self belief to put the ball in the net. Firmani, Hales, Mendonca, Yann all had an air of arrogance about them. If he does half as well as those legends he'll do for me :wink: .

I hear you played number 9 60 years ago mate.
    Nah sod that getting kicked up in the air I was doing the kicking defending mate :wink: .