Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters Golf - 2022 Pg.6

Comments

• ChiAddick said:
    Which golf podcasts are worth a listen? 
    Iain Carter's The Cut
  • The Masters - always my signal that summer is here! One of the sporting highlights of the year for me.

I can't not back Oosthuizen but I believe that Rory will win it in a canter - easily the best player at the moment based on form. But I won't back hm at that price.

Also a small wager on Paul Casey.
  • ChiAddick said:
    Which golf podcasts are worth a listen? 

The Cut, Golf Betting System, William Hill Golf, Golf Digest, European Tour Race To Dubai
  • edited April 2019
    supaclive said:
    Riviera said:i
    None of the top 11 in the current world rankings have won the Masters. The Masters is different and always throws up a good story. I love it. An obvious point is that we all know the course and the holes but obvious or not that is what makes it special. The Open may the more prestigious title but The Masters is the best for the TV viewer. 
    Rose has been very close and has best record over last six years by far.

Speith is woefully out of form and Koepka since going on a diet has lost his distance and timing.

Apparently he’s been piling the pounds back on since The Players (now he’s had his swimsuit photos taken). It may be too early for him to peak but for someone who only really turns up at majors, they’re decent odds.

My podcasts are all American. My favourite is ‘No Laying Up’ who offer a humorous take each week and have big name guests. ‘The Clubhouse With Shane Bacon’ who’s a golf nerd and seems a really nice, ‘swell’ guy. An old Masters preview with Gary Player is well worth up https://player.fm/series/the-clubhouse-with-shane-bacon

I’m looking forward to Club Pro Guy’s pod later. He’s a mock failed Mexican mini-tour star teaching in Kansas who has to hide his face and voice from the cartel. He has a blog, Twitter, Youtube and occasional podcast if you like parody and self-deprecation

• The highest ranked golfer in the world today to have won a Green Jacket is 43 year old Tiger Woods and that was in 2005!
    2005 -Tony Blair was PM, we hadn't won the Ashes for 18 years and Charlton were in the Prem! 
  • If Fleetwood can put 4 rounds together he'll be in with a shout no doubt about it but round 3 usually kills him off
  • Fleetwood, Fowler, Day and Finau...
  • Mcilroy,Fleetwood,Rose,Woods. Gone for Hoffman 1st round leader.
  • Fred Couples always has a good first round! 
  • Riviera said:
    Fred Couples always has a good first round! 
    Elfsborg never buys the first round 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone bet on Wallace or Sandy Lyle then? (Winner and RU in the Par Three competition.)
  • Lyle has a good record in the Par 3. One of only three Masters champions to have won it twice. Sam Snead and Tom Watson the others. Watson won it last year.
  • Anyone know a good app to keep up with certain players etc?
  • Yeah the masters app you can add your own favourites and it adds them to a sep leaderboard. 

• Taken the following to win or come in Top 10-:

Rory McIlroy
    Dustin Johnson
    Justin Rose
    Rickie Fowler
    Francesceo Molinari
    Justin Speith
    Jon Rahm
    Tiger Woods
    Justin Thomas
  • masicat said:
    My bet on Wallace at 110-1 now wasted as he has won the par 3 competition.
    You’re safe mate, he lost in a playoff to Sandy Lyle 
  • masicat said:
    Wallace won the playoff 
  • edited April 2019
    masicat said:
    Wallace won the playoff 
    Apologies. My bad. However in my defence the preview programme on bbc last night reported that Lyle had won it and even showed him being presented with the trophy.  That must have been old footage from Lyle’s previous par 3 victory. They bigged up the fact that he’d now won it three times. Ho hum. Or did I just dream that as I was half asleep watching it?  Old age y’know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    I think the 110/1 says more than him winning the Par 3 comp...
  • 10 places with Skybet

Fowler
    Schwartzel
    Dechambeau
    Hoffman
    Reed
    Schauffele
    Bubba
    Molinari
    Rose

• Fowler
    Cupcake
    Spieth
    Conners
  • Fleetwood & Molinari - Win
    Wallace & Leishman - EW
  • Hoffman and Wallace e/w.

Probably play like Dustin and Greg now...
  • Gone for the following E/W a week or go

Koepka - Hasn't been a promising week ahead reading about his diet etc since I made the bet...
    Garcia
    Webb Simpson
    Olesen
    Pepperell
  • My fear is this course is too long for Pepperell
  • Koepka
    Speith
    Reed
    Noren
    Pepperell 
    Molinari
    Fleetwood
  • masicat said:
    I think the 110/1 says more than him winning the Par 3 comp...
    He’s an improver who has the driving ability to be in with a chance. Probably not a winner this year, but e/w at 110-1 is a good bet if he gets off to a solid start. I’ve also got him at 150-1 , but Fowler will win a major soon, so he’s my main bet. 
  • Sandy Lyle-1
    good effort