Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters Golf - 2022 Pg.6

Comments

• I heard that Nicklaus and Woods are the only two players to win Majors in three separate decades. Tiger must have a chance of being out there on his own in a couple of years if he can keep going like that.
  • LenGlover said:
    I heard that Nicklaus and Woods are the only two players to win Majors in three separate decades. Tiger must have a chance of being out there on his own in a couple of years if he can keep going like that.

Yes I'm sure he will - at at 43 I believe he is young enough to surpass Jack's record of 18 majors.

In seven years he will qualify for the senior's tour!!

• Backed Tiger Roll in the Grand National last week because of the name....but didnt even  think of betting on TW for The Masters.....doh  !!
    This guy made over a million.

This seems a worthwhile bet..........

"The bettor put up $20,000 on the "no" at -100,000 odds. If Woods does not win the PGA Championship, U.S. Open and Open Championship, the bettor will collect a net $20."
  • I assume that the dark haired bird in the red and the stupid hat was his missus? She seemed to be a proper short-arse......same height as his daughter.
  • i found the whole jacket giving ceremony so awkward 
    It is simply awful and I have no idea why they do it. It is the worst thing about the greatest golf tournament. 
  • Riviera said:
    i found the whole jacket giving ceremony so awkward 
    It is simply awful and I have no idea why they do it. It is the worst thing about the greatest golf tournament. 
    They're aping The Open.
    the whole interview process just before that when they're sitting in a semi circle with the chairmen of tournament is excruciating.
  • Who's winning it this year then?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    Who's winning it this year then?
    I've got fivers on Hovland, Westwood (I have done this every year since about 2010 so its a tradition more than anything), Fleetwood & Morikawa
  • Justin Thomas
    Joaquin Niemann
    Corey Conners
    Shane Lowery
    Tommy F.
    Thomas Pieters

Modest e/w stakes

Given by a good friend of my son in the city who has a similar hit rate in the Masters as does our very own Peanuts Malloy  in the GN.

In 2019 he famously forcast, in his Masters preview, Tiger Woods for the Green Jacket and Tiger Roll for the GN!
  • Molloy not Malloy, obviously. Apologies Peanuts.
  • Louis (as always) plus Corey Conners and Scotty (all EW 1/5 first 10)
  • Should be a great week as always. I like Cam Smith, Schauffele, Speith with Zalatoris & Leishman amongst the longer prices.
  • No clue, but McIlroy is out of form & always has a touch of the lefts around Augusta. And when he isn't going left he's slicing it right. 

• philcafc said:
    Should be a great week as always. I like Cam Smith, Schauffele, Speith with Zalatoris & Leishman amongst the longer prices.
    Yes - the Masters starting always signals the start of summer for me. Almost like a switch being turned on.
  • If he putts well, Rahm will be up there, DJ is coming into a bit of form. Scheffler is flying aswell.
  • edited April 2022
    Ah, makes me teeth itch when posters pick any old thread to reignite. It says 2019 in the title!! Just start a new thread

Shame on you @CAFCsayer, hope you get stuck in a lift with Karl Robinson when he’s in a chatty mood :-) 
  • Scheffler to win and Zalatoris and Matsuyama e/w. Skybet paying 11 places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scheffler to win and Zalatoris and Matsuyama e/w. Skybet paying 11 places.
    Might struggle with matsuyama, injured not playing.
  • paulfox said:
    Scheffler to win and Zalatoris and Matsuyama e/w. Skybet paying 11 places.
    Oh shit, I’ll cash that out then 😂
  • paulfox said:
    Shit!!! Hope I’m right now!!!😂😂
  • paulfox said:
    I think he pulled out of the last event with injury but Sky showed him at Augusta today practicing, so maybe he might make it.
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Shit!!! Hope I’m right now!!!😂😂
    No, he is now unconfirmed deciding as the week goes on.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • No clue, but McIlroy is out of form & always has a touch of the lefts around Augusta. And when he isn't going left he's slicing it right. 

And Sky still come out with the 'Rory must have a chance this year'.
  • iaitch said:
    No clue, but McIlroy is out of form & always has a touch of the lefts around Augusta. And when he isn't going left he's slicing it right. 

And Sky still come out with the 'Rory must have a chance this year'.
    Predict Rory will shoot 76 or over in first round 
  • Morikawa
  • edited April 2022
    With 11 e/w places on offer with Skybet, I did a bit of 'quick and dirty' research into the recent past record of top performers as an indicator of who typically does well at Augusta:

1. Shauffele (18/1) - 3rd in 2021, 17th in 2020, 2nd in 2019
    2. Spieth (16/1) - 4th in 2021, 21st in 2019, 4th in 2018, 11th in 2017
    3. Rahm (10/1) - 5th in 2021, 7th in 2020, 9th in 2019, 4th in 2018
    4. Rose (50/1) - 7th in 2021, 23rd in 2020, 12th in 2018, 2nd in 2017
    5. Reed (50/1) - 9th in 2021, 7th in 2020, 9th in 2019, 1st in 2018
    6. Matsuyama (35/1) - 1st in 2021, 13th in 2020, 32nd in 2019, 19th in 2018, 11th in 2017
     - be aware he may not be playing this year!
    7. Conners (40/1) 8th in 2021, 10th in 2020
    8. Finau (45/1) - 10th in 2021, 8th in 2019
    9. McIlroy  (16/1) - 5th in 2020, 7th in 2018, 7th in 2017

Some decent e/w price available there I reckon so I'm on the first 8 with a bigger punt on Rahm to win. Reed looks great e/w value @ 50/1 too.
  • the golf majors are getting more and more like women's tennis, very hard to predict a winner from a multitude of talent ..