Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephen Henderson - officially appointed Men's 1st team goalkeeping coach (p4)

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
He has been released by Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Would probably want far to much in wages and noway could we or would we pay it for a reserve keeper no matter what league we are in

He wouldnt start ahead of Phillips
  • Would probably want far to much in wages and noway could we or would we pay it for a reserve keeper no matter what league we are in

He wouldnt start ahead of Phillips
    Not any more, with his recent track record he'll have to drastically reduce his wage demands
  • I liked him but couldn't see him coming back whilst Roland Rat is owner. If that changes in June it could be good to have him and Dillon fighting for the number 1 spot. I like Dillon but I rate Henderson as well. 
  • Didn't he save every penalty given against us that season or am I thinking of someone else? (and Buyens scored every one in the League)
  • rananegra said:
    Didn't he save every penalty given against us that season or am I thinking of someone else? (and Buyens scored every one in the League)
    Yeah that was Henderson

He only got three games with Wycombe this season so imagine his wage demands will have to go down quite a bit
  • edited May 2019
    Even with an offer of decent wages, if I was hung out to dry by Fromage like Henderson was to face the press at Huddersfield after the 5-0 capitulation, wild horses wouldn't drag me back under the rule of the Rat.
  • RedChaser said:
    Even with an offer of decent wages, if I was hung out to dry by Fromage like Henderson was to face the press at Huddersfield after the 5-0 capitulation, wild horses wouldn't drag me back under the rule of the Rat.
    I'd temporarily forgotten about that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson won't be thinking about Roland, he'll be thinking about which club makes him the best offer

The Huddersfield incident was all about Fraeye anyway, if it's Jackson who approaches him it'll be irrelevant
    It's all conjecture and won't happen.
  • I think maynard brewer will be ready to challange Dillon next season and if Marsh is still here as GK coack I'm sure we will see him him make his league debut sooner rather than later.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think maynard brewer will be ready to challange Dillon next season and if Marsh is still here as GK coack I'm sure we will see him him make his league debut sooner rather than later.
    Marshall is long retired

Academy coach Deren Ibrahim could do a job though, I notice he played a couple of times for the U23s this season
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think maynard brewer will be ready to challange Dillon next season and if Marsh is still here as GK coack I'm sure we will see him him make his league debut sooner rather than later.
    Marshall is long retired

Academy coach Deren Ibrahim could do a job though, I notice he played a couple of times for the U23s this season
    I think he was saying that with Andy Marshall as Goalkeeper coach he'll be able to get Maynard-Brewer into a position where he'll be comfortable making his League debut for us, not Marshall himself being the one to cover
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Marshall is long retired

I think he was saying that with Andy Marshall as Goalkeeper coach he'll be able to get Maynard-Brewer into a position where he'll be comfortable making his League debut for us, not Marshall himself being the one to cover
    I was going to post that but was wary of a Whoosh 😉.
  • Don't need him. Let's stop the obsession of signing ex-players.
    Henderson was keeper in the season that we (he) conceded three or more goals in each of ten games.  It was he and Jackson who grassed up Tony Watt and got him bounced out of the club.
  • edited May 2019
    Don't need him. Let's stop the obsession of signing ex-players.
    Henderson was keeper in the season that we (he) conceded three or more goals in each of ten games.  It was he and Jackson who grassed up Tony Watt and got him bounced out of the club.
    And in the week of the Huddedfield game 2 were conceded at Colchester in the Cup and 6 more at Hull making 13 in total albeit Pope was on goal for the cup game.
  • While we're at it, let's bring Bob Bolder back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great great human being for what he did, but injury ridden and Phillips is improving each game.

its a no from me
  • edited May 2019
    While we're at it, let's bring Bob Bolder back. 
    Saw one of his very early games for us away at Arsenal in the League Cup and although it was a bit windy that night Bob has admitted that was not one of his best games. It was a bit like hanging washing on the line and you keep dropping the pegs!

Turned out to be a great signing and vrry good keeper for us though and smashing bloke as well.
  • Dillon will be number one. Feel sure we will bring in another loan as cover. Money will be the issue as always under RD.
  • Don't need him. Let's stop the obsession of signing ex-players.
    And? 
  • I think Phillips is our number one and he hasn’t put a foot wrong. So it’s a no from me ....
  • _MrDick said:
    I think Phillips is our number one and he hasn’t put a foot wrong. So it’s a no from me ....
    Nobody is suggesting Henderson would replace Dillon. We still need a second keeper as competition though
  • _MrDick said:
    I think Phillips is our number one and he hasn’t put a foot wrong. So it’s a no from me ....
    Nobody is suggesting Henderson would replace Dillon. We still need a second keeper as competition though
    Even then, let's go younger, not sign crocks.
  • A goalkeeper should not get injured anywhere near as much as he did.  Same with Elliott for that matter.  The problem is once goalies start getting injured their bodies never seem to recover fully.

We do not need him.

Not that I particularly rated him anyway
  • We absolutely ruined the poor lad. I still remember that interview from Huddersfield away where Fraeye wouldn't speak to the press and poor Hendo had to fill in.

He was pretty much down to go to the Euros with Ireland, but by the time the 15/16 season finished the poor lad's confidence was shot to pieces. We conceded about 80 goals that season in the league.

Good guy and great goalkeeper. I hope he comes back.
  • I cant imagine he'd want to come back while RD is still knocking about but also, we've moved forward since he was here and i don't think it'd be healthy bringing back players that were here for such low points like he was (through no fault of his own)

Phillips is now Charlton's number 1 and it'll be the first time for years that we not only have the same first choice goalkeeper two seasons on the bounce but we actually own them as well, I reckon at 31 Henderson still fancies himself as No1 
    Dont speak too soon Roland is probably pimping him out as we talk