Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (new shirt page 24)

2456738

Comments

  • Valley11 said:
    Decent bit of promo by the club that, fair play. 
    Agreed. I always think it’s good when clubs do something a bit different.

    We will probably do the usual drama and reveal tiny images of various parts of the shirt over a period of 5 days.
    We have to know which players are going to play for us next season first, so they can model the shirts
  • ross1 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Decent bit of promo by the club that, fair play. 
    Agreed. I always think it’s good when clubs do something a bit different.

    We will probably do the usual drama and reveal tiny images of various parts of the shirt over a period of 5 days.
    We have to know which players are going to play for us next season first, so they can model the shirts
    Little Tommy Driesen is doing it (whilst dry humping a cup)
  • One of our new opponents next year, Birmingham City have gone a little over the top with the introduction of their new it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxF60NkY7yI

    Very good.
  • Peaky Blinders, the first thing ever to make Birmingham cool!
  • One of our new opponents next year, Birmingham City have gone a little over the top with the introduction of their new it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxF60NkY7yI

    Brilliant! Morrison starred in it too I see 
  • lets just have this and be done with it...no sponsor

    That with the modern badge would be great 
  • edited June 2019
    Talking of kit design in general, check out the absolute bobbins (from Pete Hoppins) spurted out by Nike over what is basically a template kit for Barcelona (it’s essentially the same one Croatia use)
    My favourite quote is the one at the end....this sounds like the biggest freeloading corporate you’ve ever heard of....

    For 2019-20, the Blaugrana deviate from its traditional striped home jerseys. Instead, it will debut a checkboard print inspired by the gridded streetscape of Barcelona’s Eixample district.

    The neighborhood pulses with creativity, and its residents are acknowledged as the building blocks of the city’s future.

    “Barcelona is a club with a bold and adventurous philosophy and that resonates throughout the city,” says Pete Hoppins, Nike Football Apparel Senior Design Director.

    Influential figures from Barcelona’s broad sporting spectrum joined FC Barcelona’s players and pioneers from the fields of fashion, science, food, music and art to unveil the kit and celebrate their shared spirit, culture and identity.

    In 2015-16, Barcelona’s kit swapped its traditional stripes for hoops. The checkboard design is only the second shift from the club’s norm and provides a fresh interpretation of Barca’s world-famous colors.

    “Barcelona is a special place and the football club is the heartbeat. We are all fans and the style with which they achieve their success inspires us every single day. Bringing everyone together like this really highlights the unique things that are happening in our community,” says scientist Laura Souek (presumably as she was quaffing down her 19th free carva)




  • How much is our sponsorship typically? £250k? Is so, that won't make a bit of difference to us, especially since Rat would just keep it. Thus, would love to see us with no sponsor and a bigger crest.
  • Talal said:
    No sponsor would be great. Forest's new one by Macron is really smart...


    This is stunning. The names on the left are the players of their 1979 winning squad.
    If we had new owners, I would propose the same for us this year excpet the names would be all the fans who died between Rat's takeover and the sale.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Hopefully not a betting firm this time. If your sponsor is sufficiently dodgy that you can't sell kits to children with their company's name on it's not a great sign
    I remember when we had an unwritten policy as a family club not to be sponsored by gambling or booze companies. Would be great to go back to that ethos.
    Would RedBull be ok
  • Talal said:
    No sponsor would be great. Forest's new one by Macron is really smart...


    This is stunning. The names on the left are the players of their 1979 winning squad.
    If we had new owners, I would propose the same for us this year excpet the names would be all the fans who died between Rat's takeover and the sale.

  • edited June 2019


    Hummel's effort for Cambridge's new away kit, based upon their 1993 away kit.

    I quite like it.
    Superb kit that
  • That's a beautiful kit.

    The Barca kit is shite, and the gift about how it's only the second shift from stripes is nonsense too, they've played in half and half shirts a couple of times before


  • Hummel's effort for Cambridge's new away kit, based upon their 1993 away kit.

    I quite like it.
    Really impressed with the way Hummel produce stylish bespoke kits for even small clubs, when you look at the lazy template shirts many of the big clubs have
    +1


  • Hummel's effort for Cambridge's new away kit, based upon their 1993 away kit.

    I quite like it.
    Really impressed with the way Hummel produce stylish bespoke kits for even small clubs, when you look at the lazy template shirts many of the big clubs have
    +1
    May I point you in the direction of the "like" button. 
  • Sponsored links:


  • edited June 2019
    Sage said:
    Have been extremely impressed with Hummel ever since we have been involved with them. Not only are our kits decent but the kits for the other clubs they do are very good and unique to that club, not just any old catalogue like you get with Nike.
    I hope to god that Rat negotiated a deal where the club gets more money in The Championship.
  • Sage said:
    Have been extremely impressed with Hummel ever since we have been involved with them. Not only are our kits decent but the kits for the other clubs they do are very good and unique to that club, not just any old catalogue like you get with Nike.
    I hope to god that Rat negotiated a deal where the club gets more money in The Championship.
    I very much doubt RD took part in any kind of negotiation with them, it would've been someone else, Murray maybe?

    I also think the sponsor to replace Betdaq is the more financially attractive deal, in the short term, whoever they end up being.

    Not that it matters much as the budget won't change no matter the sponsorship.
  • I wish more clubs would look to fan concepts for kits. Some great ideas out there.

  • Love the Barcelona one hate the arsenal one. Quite like the france one.
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Love the Barcelona one hate the arsenal one. Quite like the france one.
    Have you fallen out of a tree and banged your head? That shirt is rank, it's like and African patchwork quilt.
    Nah just love how 90's it feels.
  • Love the Charlton ones.
  • Those Charlton ones are brilliant, obviously without the sponsor and the new sponsor but if they were our kits, which I know they’re made up, but you’d have to be very happy with that. Just add a little customary special Charlton part to it such as maybe it saying Charlton Athletic in a very similar red throughout the top.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!