Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Best away kit in years, well done Hummel. 
  • was ambivalent about home kit, but really like this one.

• Wasnt gonna spend £45 on a top.....until now...
  • I like the away kit and the third choice kit but don't like the home kit at all.
    Home kit feels rushed, like it's still at the ideas stage. Away looks the finished article. 
  • That is superb, best of the three by miles
  • Nug said:
    Best kit in years. Red in the badge would have looked really odd, nice touch to change it. Home kit is probably the weakest.
    Agree about the badge, definitely works like this. 
  • Quite like it!
  • Talal said:
    Nug said:
    Best kit in years. Red in the badge would have looked really odd, nice touch to change it. Home kit is probably the weakest.

A red badge wouldn't have really worked with the colour scheme, so quite like the blacked-out version, looks smart.

The Ecru away kit we had in the late 90s also had a badge that was 'coloured out' to fit the shirt. It was a popular kit, but a red badge on that would have looked horrendous and ruined it completely!
  • Sponsored links:

• I really like this away shirt - if I can get one without 'sponsor', I'll be buying my first non-goalie CAFC kit in about 20 years. It's not that I'm an uncaring barsteward, just thinking more in terms of wearing it aht, aht - would look better without.
  • Talal said:
    Nug said:

A red badge wouldn't have really worked with the colour scheme, so quite like the blacked-out version, looks smart.

The Ecru away kit we had in the late 90s also had a badge that was 'coloured out' to fit the shirt. It was a popular kit, but a red badge on that would have looked horrendous and ruined it completely!
    A beautifully ugly shirt. 
    https://matchwornfootballshirts.com/products/1998-squad-signed-charlton-athletic-match-worn-away-shirt-youds-6
  • I love it too. Very tempted to get one. My favourite of the three kits this year.
  • Decided, im getting the away, love it.
  • Much better like that.
  • I also wouldnt have the pin stripes going through the sponsor yet would use the Sponsor name to break the stripes up
  • I also wouldnt have the pin stripes going through the sponsor yet would use the Sponsor name to break the stripes up
    Disagree with that. I hate when clubs have a huge box on the front of their shirt for their sponsor. Brighton, Newcastle etc. come to mind. Wouldn’t be as noticeable with the pinstripes but is still the same idea.
  • The white is much better than the black, yep.
  • really like the look of that
    £45 is daylight effing robbery for a polyester t-shirt/advertising hoarding
    streets better than the ham-fisted collage 1st kit
    will look smart on the dummies in the shop window :smiley:
    the less said about the ambulant dummies purchasing before the twunt is gone, the better
    not a penny more, no concessions, no excuses
    I'll give the protest shirt a rest for Solly's testimonial and dig out a pre-twunt red one
  • Sponsored links:

• The white is definitely far better than the black. With a sponsor which is written in black, it draws the attention more than anything else. The white lets it be apart of the shirt in my opinion. Shame it’s not how it really is.

The away is definitely the best of the three I think though. Really do like it.
    the less said about the ambulant dummies purchasing before the twunt is gone, the better
    I'll give the protest shirt a rest for Solly's testimonial and dig out a pre-twunt red one
    The shop is outsourced, the twunt doesnt get the money.
  • Reckon i will look proper boss in that...

I remember in my prime strolling around Eltham in my Fads kit... and complete strangers shouting at me,

"Oi, fads kit, you fads kit!"

Ah, those days.

The shop is outsourced, the twunt doesnt get the money.
    Don't let facts get in the way of a moan up Stu
  • Just love our home and away kits,best for years 
  • Love all 3 kits, best kits in my lifetime except the 03/04? Yellow away with all sports sponsor and the late 90s mesh white collars on the home strip. 
  • Personally, my favourite is the third kit.
  • Now that is a lovely kit!
  • Don't like the home kit and agree that it'd look better with a white sponsor and logo.
    Really like the away kit.
    Love the third kit.