Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Kids want the away one, it certainly is a classy one 
  • Options
    They've spelt dafuck!! wrong

i.e. What da fuck!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    New Balance must've just thought f*ck it why not for Celtic's third. 

Jesus that's horrendous...!  :s

For starters, and aside from the pink/grey colour scheme, why is the chevron across the stomach?!
  • Options
    Definitely a marmite kit but that’s one of my favourites that we’ve had. 
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    For those complaining that the sponsor doesn't look great on the new shirt (whilst being a great cause), remember the grass isn't always greener....
    That's horrible!! Poor Huddersfield fans!
    At least they have a midfield!
  • Options
    I really like the away kit. The purple and green look great 

would love to see what a white version of that would like with the same stripes and shoulder effects 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    To be fair, I like the away kit as much as I dislike the home kit. It is terrific. I think with the home kit, the black gets lost in the red. I think a black pinstripe would have worked better with white sponsor and manufacturer logos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried to put this on yesterday but their system was down, I have not seen it anywhere else

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d387ed69fd9a/pacific-support-services-named-as-new-dugout-sponsor-for-the-201920-season

• Options
    That red kit looks gorgeous on the telly.

Because the Hummel logo and sponsor is black, it can hardly be seen on the screen

Looks like we're playing in a retro kit and is magnificent

If they did a long sleeved version I'd get one today 

• Options
    Not only would the white sponsor look better, you’d think Children With Cancer would want their name in white. You can barely see it here, so will it get the exposure on TV?

• Options
    Guessing there is no way of changing the home kit for the sponsor and the Hummel part itself to be in white? Far too much cost and hassle. But it’s a shame cause it definitely would’ve been better. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I wonder if the decision to make the logo black was so the kit looked like the one it’s copying, with no sponsor? 
    You can’t see it at all on these pics
    Looks like we’re sponsorless 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Guessing there is no way of changing the home kit for the sponsor and the Hummel part itself to be in white? Far too much cost and hassle. But it’s a shame cause it definitely would’ve been better. 
    Would love to know the thought process behind having a black Hummel logo and sponsor instead of a white one.
  • Options
    Yeah, then look where Grealish's are, can barely see them. Also, the size of Aneke's thigh muscles in that picture, they're insane! 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Yeah, then look where Grealish's are, can barely see them. Also, the size of Aneke's thigh muscles in that picture, they're insane! 
    Exactly, they're protecting his ankle/lower tib-fib than closer to his knee, the weakest part of the leg.

Your point about Aneke's quadriceps is exactly what I said in the thread about Lewis Page's recent injury... "Hamstrings are a real pain and even with constant research and studies, they keep coming up in football. The only thing I can genuinely think is that players don’t have the correct ratio of strength between their hamstrings and their quadriceps. Hamstrings need to be stronger, but because they run so much, the game has got quicker, and we generate power on the ball through the quadriceps, it wouldn’t surprise me hugely if the average footballer doesn’t have the ratio between the two muscle groups that they need. Consequently, hamstrings are injured more often."

Aneke came off yesterday after going down as if he had been shot. He felt his hamstrings again. Now are you going to tell me that Aneke's hamstrings are stronger than his quadriceps? No chance.
  • Options
    I watched the second half on a stream yesterday and was convinced that we didnt have a sponsor on the shirt. Couldnt see one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really like the look of that
    £45 is daylight effing robbery for a polyester t-shirt/advertising hoarding
    streets better than the ham-fisted collage 1st kit
    will look smart on the dummies in the shop window :smiley:
    the less said about the ambulant dummies purchasing before the twunt is gone, the better
    not a penny more, no concessions, no excuses
    I'll give the protest shirt a rest for Solly's testimonial and dig out a pre-twunt red one
    The shop is outsourced, the twunt doesnt get the money.
    You seriously believe the club doesnt get any money linked to the sale of replica shirts? So what, you think they just give away the rights to sell the shirts for free?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Would love to know the thought process behind having a black Hummel logo and sponsor instead of a white one.
    Agreed. They have to be the same colour so IMHO white would have been the natural choice. Black makes both the hummel logo and shirt sponsor invisible.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    the less said about the ambulant dummies purchasing before the twunt is gone, the better
    I'll give the protest shirt a rest for Solly's testimonial and dig out a pre-twunt red one
    You seriously believe the club doesnt get any money linked to the sale of replica shirts? So what, you think they just give away the rights to sell the shirts for free?
    Do they not get an upfront fee so its te same if the shop sell one shirt or 10,000 shirts?
  • Options
    Bad the away shirt and 3rd shirt not in the club shop yet.Millwall got the away shirt out already.
  • Options
    Bad the away shirt and 3rd shirt not in the club shop yet.Millwall got the away shirt out already.
    Have you seen it though? They can't have shifted too many.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Off_it said:
    Do they not get an upfront fee so its te same if the shop sell one shirt or 10,000 shirts?
    I wouldn't know for sure as I obviously havent seen the deal and these can be commercially structured in a number of ways. 

But I wouldve thought it would be reasonable to assume there was an upfront fee plus a sliding scale of additional payments due based on certain  parameters being met. One of those could be the number of shirts sold, or another could be the turnover and/or profit of sales in general. 

But either way the number of shirts sold will almkst  certainly have a direct  bearing on the amount of income the club (and therefore RD) generates. Even if no additional cash is paid this all adds to the "value" of the club.

Therefore shirt sales =  money to RD (or reduced losses for RD). To suggest there is no link is fanciful.
  • Options
    I know it's been said plenty of times but watching the game, it really does look like we don't have a sponsor.
  • Options
    I know it's been said plenty of times but watching the game, it really does look like we don't have a sponsor.
    That sounds like a good thing. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t see sponsor on tv footage 
  • Options
    Are there separate women's kits? Just has adult and junior on the website.