Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer doing a Lennie picking off the carcass of Charlton Athletic 
  • Options
    Is there a little bit of irony there in a team whose fans sing along to a record of ‘keep right on to the end of the road’ being linked with a player whose record shows he only seems to keep right on to the end of the game if he comes on as a substitute ?
  • Options
    Sign of an insecure manager i think when they bring loads of ex players/coaches in.  Not confident they can create success with a totally new bunch. Paul Hirst did it at Ipswich and look at how that ended up
  • Options
    And we can't even get his understudy Paul Smyth as he has just signed for Orient. Yes Orient. That is the type of player last season who was supposed to get us promoted. As I said......lots of money has to be thrown at this to get even a half decent striker.
  • Options
    I wonder how many minutes he'll manage for them in 2 years?
  • Options
    He did well last season but I’m far from 
    devastated. 
  • Options
    Can we get a thread title update @admin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he is happy to sign for the bloke that spent months slagging off his fitness and saying he was only capable of a cameo role.
  • Options
    He is essentially dog shit missed so many chances 
    #had a drink 🥃 
  • Options
    Not too upset by this. If we simply re-sign everyone from last season it’s unlikely  we will be more successful this season. We need fresh blood. 

His perceived / assumed injury issues are a factor on selection / minutes on the pitch and a seemingly limiting factor. Our budget may be better used on other players. 
    Yup 
  • Options
    Would have liked to see him stay, excellent player at this level.  

Still, it's another player who joined, barely played due to injury whilst picking up a salary to have left at the end of their contract so fuck him.

With a decent medical team and an ex physio as manager I feel we were a good fit for him but he can go to get run into the ground by Bowyer and spend 2 years injured again.  Seems a weird choice on the face of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yes he wasn’t fit often enough (not sure exactly what the issue was there) but don’t kid yourself, replacing 15 goals will be difficult. 

- Two weeks until the first pre season match
    - Six weeks until the league kicks off
    - Two months until the transfer window shuts

We need to use that time well 
  • Options
    Very disappointed we've lost him. !5 goals in the minutes he played was exceptional. However can't blame him for going to try Championship football and can't blame Bowyer for getting him. Just have to move on and get some players in!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a bugger innit.

Hopefully we've got a better/more reliable replacement lined up. 
  • Options
    Personally would not ponce about with the other out of contract players ,if they are delaying waiting for better offers,piss off now,get new players in.
    Absolutely, if they want to stay they would have put pen to paper already, get rid.
  • Options
    Not at all fussed by this. Found it very frustrating how when he came on when we were chasing a game just how many fouls he would give away. Good luck to him but there are definitely better out there. 
  • Options
    Personally would not ponce about with the other out of contract players ,if they are delaying waiting for better offers,piss off now,get new players in.
    paulfox said:
    Absolutely, if they want to stay they would have put pen to paper already, get rid.
    Kind of lost our leverage given that it’s June 25th and their contracts are up in a few days anyway.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    paulfox said:
    Kind of lost our leverage given that it’s June 25th and their contracts are up in a few days anyway.
    We lost our leverage by finishing 7th in league 1 last season. 
  • Options

Aneke, who has signed a two-year contract at St Andrew's, told bcfc.com: “I am delighted to finally get it over the line It’s a big club and a big challenge, I’m definitely looking forward to it. 

“It’s a massive club and it’s in the Championship – that’s where I want to be. I want to test myself in the Championship and my old coach is here, so it lined up and I am ready to go.”

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Injury prone
    🐍🐍🐍🐍
    £££££££££
    Stockley made him look good

I'm not.bitter, I'm oissed