Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Best player at the club 
  • Options
    We have really missed all three in Williams, Taylor and Cullen and are lucky that Bonne has to an extent stepped up to the plate as good as he has been Lyle adds more and Ossie has been good but too many injuries to cover Jonny Williams but is not at Jonny Williams level ,no one has adequately replaced Josh. We all know that with them all fit we are a good team that why I am not too worried about our current plight as we will get better.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Best player at the club 
    A fully fit Jonny Williams might be is the best player in the Championship.
  • Options
    Bowen @ Hull has got 15 goals from midfield this season i think, he'd give Jonny a run for his money.
  • Options
    Bowen @ Hull has got 15 goals from midfield this season i think, he'd give Jonny a run for his money.
    Different type of player though
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    About 6 months ago for some he was an underwhelming player with no end product.

Now he’s the best player in the Championship?

For me he’s up there, but there must be others that can do what he does and also score goals.
    Pablo Hernández
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Bowen not an out and out striker?
  • Options

Is Bowen not an out and out striker?
    Think more of an inside forward
  • Options
    perhaps Bowen has played a few more games than Williams?
  • Options
    Some of the garbage on here takes me back 10 years or so when people were saying our midfield pairing of Semedo and Racon was the best in the division. 

Williams is a good championship player but made of glass, hence why he is playing for a struggling championship club.
    Nowt as blind or delusional as some Charlton fans 
  • Options
    Some of the garbage on here takes me back 10 years or so when people were saying our midfield pairing of Semedo and Racon was the best in the division. 

Williams is a good championship player but made of glass, hence why he is playing for a struggling championship club.
    Not sure he's quite that bad.  Not a lot of muscle on him but I think the biggest issue is his pace and skill.  Most teams just cannot cope with him and hack him down with very little protection by referees meaning he's always vulnerable to injury.  As for a struggling championship club....we're mainly struggling because he hasn't been playing...!
  • Options

Nowt as blind or delusional as some Charlton fans 
    And there's plenty on the politics threads. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the extra year contract option our choice or his? Desperate to get him signed up for a couple more years. 
  • Options
    bromdog said:
    Is the extra year contract option our choice or his? Desperate to get him signed up for a couple more years. 
    I’m not sure, I don’t know if it’s triggered if he reaches a certain amount of appearances?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Almost as comical as him pulling his hamstring doing a fresh air shot. 
  • Options
    Too injury prone, we should release him at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Have we ever had a player who's suffered more frequent injuries?