Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    One of the biggest bonus’s with him is the amount of fouls he can gain, this Ian invaluable towards the end of a match when we’re winning as it slows things down and kills time. I still believe if he’d been brought on towards the end of the Doncaster away play off match we wouldn’t have conceded that goal. 
  • Options
    I glad he is enjoying  playing. Football should be fun and everytime I see him play, I can sense he is having a ball. He is a quality player too. I don't think there are too many in the Championship I would swap him for. 
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Taken from Twitter:

Rapidly turning into one of my favourite players ever...
    I think I'm developing a bit of a man crush on old Jonny
  • Options
    What a great bloke he seems to be.
  • Options
    Isn't that one of Curb_it's ?

• Options
    Finally got around to watching Sunderland til I Die and didn’t realise how much he features on that. As others have said, he comes across really well. Although he’s another ‘Welshman’ who doesn’t sound remotely Welsh!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Taken from Twitter:

Rapidly turning into one of my favourite players ever...
    I think I'm developing a bit of a man crush on old Jonny
    Old? He’s only 25. Could get another ten years out of him yet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big fan of his, love his attitude and seems to love bein at the club atm, says an awful lot that he took a big paycut to be here. I wonder if the improvement is also as in L1 hed get kicked around a bit, and probably on smaller pitches, the extra preseason obviously helps too.
  • Options
    Quite possible the nicest guy in football
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Rich Cawley has said this about him too. 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    I like that he always seems to have a smile on his face.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He strikes me as someone with some mental health issues to go with his injuries. He doesn't appear to be money motivated at this stage of his career (and what drives him is playing with a group of players he loves and the fans appreciate). I would hope we would sing his name and cheer and encourage him even if he has a bad game or things don't go right fo him.  An ex work colleague (palace fan) messaged me privatetly when he signed for us said "you have a cracking little player for you, if injury free he will do well for you". My god I hope he has an injury free season this year. With the pay cut and his injuries he deserves it. 
  • Options
    Lovely bloke. 
    Only 27 as well
  • Options
    He's still pretty tricky at 28, really discovering his peak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams is happy at Charlton and that is a big plus in life. I think he values his happiness and mental health over chasing money.

I hope he does well - seems a lovely guy.
  • Options
    Not really being a part of a team, or feeling that way, must make it difficult to train as hard as you should - and then make you susceptible to injury. It must also make you question if you are good enough. It is easy to see how it can all spiral down.

Maybe this is what happened to Poyet. Especially after big Sam said he was ‘not the player we thought he was’.

It would seem that Williams is made of sterner stuff and has the intelligence to realise that being at the right club/team is important.  I hope our youngsters that have left have made the right choices for them. I hope they have.

If not, I am sure Williams knows a song about that. Altogether now, “we’ll keep a welcome at the Valley..”
  • Options
    At 30 he definitely has a good few more years in him yet. Hope they’re at Charlton.
  • Options
    Good to see his pace holding up so well at 31.
  • Options
    Thats a great photo Oohaah
  • Options
    It only took us 20 years to find Johnny Robinson's successor. 
  • Options
    32 really is little to old for a team fighting at the top of the Championship.