Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where do you think we will finish 2019/20 season? (Ed. Last season)

Comments

• Options
    Not confident as we fast approach Blackburn game. Sure there will be some loan signings but will not be as good as we got last year. Worried that injuries will also impact on a thin squad. Do well to survive this season. Let's hope that it takes us all by surprise!!
  • Options
    Like last season we will improve as the season progresses. . . . My prediction is 15th after a slow start . . . . Looking forward to Blackburn on Saturday . . Keep the faith 👍👍 COYR  . . . 
  • Options
    Relegation
    MrLargo said:
    Barnsley, Birmingham, Blackburn, Luton, QPR, Reading, Scumwall, Wigan - these are the sides that we'll be fighting with to stay up.

Our budget is far smaller than all of them, and we've currently got a weaker side than last season. We've got 4 of them away and 1 at home before the end of September - hopefully some momentum from last season will help us pick up some points early on. 

The fixture list looks quite daunting from 28 September onwards - will Bowyer be able to lift the team again if we go on a run of defeats, or will we get stuck in a terminal decline.

One thing's for sure - as was the case with Powell when Jimenez ran out of cash, there will be people on here who point the finger at the manager for being tactically inept/inflexible, and completely ignore the fact that, thanks to Roland, we're busking outside Poundland whilst our relegation rivals are shopping in Aldi and everyone else is in Sainsburys and Waitrose. Hopefully the sensible majority will drown them out.

Not remotely optimistic. Would be nice if we can take some points off the scum and drag them down with us.
    Have all those clubs got stronger squads for this season compared to last season ? Seems to me that I keep seeing tweets and articles about how teams in the championship have been losing key players and not too many about how they’ve been reinvesting the money 
    Don't know the answer to that, but I've not heard any other managers saying “It's tough because people are laughing at us. An agent would say, 'What do you have to offer for this player?' and people are laughing. I've had agents laughing, like, 'How are you meant to compete with what you're offering?'
  • Options
    Relegation
    Champions.
    P 46 W 44 L 2 Pts (whatever 44 x3 is)
    132 pts - hope you're right.
  • Options
    Relegation
    Of course we don’t know just what Bowyer will manage to get out of the players we end up with but anyone that doesn’t think that the squad we currently have and in all probability the one we will end up with isn’t very much in the relegation frame is deluding themselves.
  • Options
    Runners up
    Runners up. Blue, innit.
  • Options
    Relegation
    We will be down by the New Year if bollock chops still owns us.

Shame, as with LB JJ etc we will no doubt make a fist of it.  We are way too light squad wise, our only hope is to hit pay dirt in the loan market as we did last year. Big big IF.

Relegated.
  • Options
    Relegation
    44 pts enough to stay up last season - unlikely to be that low again. With our existing squad 46 would be good.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    20th, would finish 22nd but 2 teams fall foul to FFP and have points deducted
  • Options
    Relegation
    Unless LB signs some great loans like last season we will go down. A few great loan signings and team spirit might just keep us up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relegation
    If Bowyer had the kitty of any of the other managers (except prem relegated team) he would have a good shout for a top half finish, but that's not his position. We have a budget of a league one side so that's where we will be going.....again. sad reality but it's our reality. 
  • Options
    There are many teams in the championship that have spent millions on players in their desperation to reach the promised land.That will bring its own pressures on players and managers.For those recently relegated the parachute payments will soon run out and they will be saddled with players they cant afford.We are under no such pressure and many on this site are writing us off.Last year the so called big 2,Portsmouth and Sunderland were odds on to go up,what happened ,little old Luton,Barnsley and us did the job.Do not be surprised if the same happens this season.I think we will get some decent loans,I think two or three of the young lads will make an impact and will rise to the ocassion,one thing is for certain,our support will be more vital than ever.i reckon 12/13th.
  • Options
    Relegation
    cabbles said:
    se9addick said:
    cabbles said:
    For me it's going to be a long season, even if we get the bodies in on loan.  I think Bowyer's grit and determination will see us stay up, but we will all have to stick together to see this through
    I honestly think you’re projecting superhuman qualities onto Lee Bowyer. I can see why you would want to, but it’s not based in reality.

As the squad stands, 80 hours before the season starts, we will be relegated.
    As it stands, the squad is weaker than the one that went up last season, but I believe we'll be getting some bodies in, and over the course of the season, we will have enough.

It's up to people if they want to make their predictions based on the current squad now, or the squad we may have come May.  

It's going to be tough regardless, and there is little to choose between relegation and just staying up.  I believe in Bowyer and I believe in what's happened over the last year, I think this will see us over the line 
    I have no idea how you can make a prediction based on anything but the squad we have now, way too many unknowns in putting your faith into unknown players that might never join us. 
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    19th
    Same as me 19th im goinh for. Lets each stick a score on
  • Options
    Relegation
    Heart says bottom third. Looking at the squad size and quality, my head says bottom 3.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    Bowyer is a good coach. He will instill in the players the same ethos and values the team had last season. They will work their arses off to stave off relegation and they will just achieve it. 
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    Relegation scrap. A few decent loans in January will help us to finish in the 17th-20th range.
  • Options
    Relegation
    Relegation. Bottom of the heap. rank last. 

Just hoping we can get to March before it is mathematically confirmed.  
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    21st - momentum and team spirit to keep us up... bottom the season after if we’re still owned by RD...
  • Options
    Relegation
    I sat on my rose-tinted glasses a while ago. If we managed to keep our first choice players fit and avoiding suspensions, I reckon we'd probably manage to just about stay up. But our lack of strength in depth is going to bite us on the arse I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relegation
    With the small squad we have and the thought that Roland, as usual, will sell our best performing player in January, sadly can’t see anything other than bottom 3.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Relegation
    As it stands, I can't see 3 teams who will finish below us ?

Lyle Taylor is 30 early next year he will look to get a better paid championship gig by the end of 19/20 season before he is past his sell by date.
    I can see him getting more than 1 red card as he gets frustrated.

Lee Bowyer felt he had to show some loyalty to the fans who came to the games at the end to help create a good atmosphere and achieve our goal at Wembley. Lee expected/hoped Douchebag to be gone by Beginning of this new season.
    Bowyer will stay to end of 19/20 campaign and then walk whether we stay up or go down because of the budget.  Lee isn't a Bob Peters who will tell the full backs not to get forward and stay rigid making us hard to beat (it worked for 10 weeks under big Bob until teams sussed us out)

Without some battle harden Championship players or mega talented young loanee's from Prem(think Derby last season) who can play for 90 minutes we are knackered.
    9 days for a miracle to happen.

I hope I'm wrong but Heart and head should never be in the same place.(unless you are a man city fan)
    The momentum was there for Duchatelet to sell and he didn't cut his losses and sell for 30 odd million. So sad.

• Options
    Relegation
    KettsJohn said:
    Sure there will be some loan signings 
    Even that isnt looking good 2 days before our first game!
  • Options
    Relegation
    I think most Charlton fans have pretty realistic expectations for the season ahead - will be interesting to see how competitive we are.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    We will struggle at times but I think we will be safe.

• Options
    For those who are intertested, here is what the Oddschecker expert makes of our chances:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/championship/20190730-the-championship-2019-20-betting-tips-predictions
  • Options
    Relegation
    As it stands I think we'll do well to finish bottom.
  • Options
    I think we have to see the final business until we can really predict. As it stands, bottom but last season we strengthened significantly late in the day.
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    I think we have to see the final business until we can really predict. As it stands, bottom but last season we strengthened significantly late in the day.
    Exactly, Muttley. This time last season, we had half of CL predicting doom and relegation from League One.

I trust Bowyer and Gallen to bring in the type of player they want on loan, with sufficient ability and a hunger to prove themselves.

Let's see where we are after next Thursday.
    No point filling our boots with doom and gloom until we know the full squad.