Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where do you think we will finish 2019/20 season? (Ed. Last season)

Comments

• Relegation
    Relegation spot. As it stands I'd say the teams that just survived last season are stronger than us. Couple of quality loans and think we could just survive but...that needs to happen first.
  • 13th - 21st
    Around 17th - we might not have the biggest or most expensive squad, but our team spirit and togetherness will spur us on to stay up, as none of the players will want to let anyone else down; they'll fight for each other, go to the final whistle without ever giving up, and Bowyer feels that this'll earn us about an extra ten points in total over the course of the season.

That's why we were more often the ones dealing the late blows last season, rather than receiving them: we kept on fighting where a lot of teams wouldn't.  This is what we were missing a bit until Lee took over last March.  We might not have the best ability in the league, but not many teams our quite as united as ours.  Of course, this alone won't make us storm this league, but it'll definitely help us.

And this is also why too many changes to our squad could start to lose some of that extra power.

With Bowyer at the helm, I'm confident that we'll beat all the odds again, and manage stay up by a fair few points this season (around 5-7, maybe); and, preferably, finish above Millwall, too!  COYA!
  • 13th - 21st
    Relegation spot. As it stands I'd say the teams that just survived last season are stronger than us. Couple of quality loans and think we could just survive but...that needs to happen first.
    Apart from Millwall, of course: they've just lost their best player, Ben Amos, back to us!
  • Relegation
    Doing this the same way I did it last year, which is as of the time of taking this poll (Aug 1, 1824 BST), we look like a relegation squad due to a complete lack of depth and quality in midfield and lack up depth up front. 

That said, last year after I took the poll we improved our squad greatly with Steer, Bielik, Cullen, plus Fosu, Reeves, and Igor all coming back from injury.

I doubt Bowyer and Gallen can pull off the same trick twice.
  • edited August 2019
    13th - 21st
  • 13th - 21st
    Not a chance. Hopefully staying up 😢
  • edited August 2019
    I trust they can Oggy Red. It isn't easy and the end of the January window showed that we shouldn't expect them to keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. What I will say, if anybody can, they can.
  • Relegation
    Relegated we don't have a midfield which was key in us doing so well last season. 
  • Relegation
    At this stage our League 1 squad that made the play-offs appears to be significantly weaker, the other promoted sides have improved (Barnsley more-so than Luton), and the rest of the league do look a lot stronger on paper in terms of playing squad and budget.

As things stand, with all the will in the world I really can't see past a convincing 24th place... but desperately hope to be wrong.

I think our best chance is an Ipswich-style capitulation from maybe Birmingham and Shef Wed as well as Luton not being able to make the step up. Here's to hoping Bowyer, Jacko & co have something up their sleeve!
  • Relegation
    Charlton emulated Rotherham by reaching the League 1 play-offs two seasons in a row and being promoted at the second attempt.

Rotherham didn't have the money to strengthen their side and despite a valiant effort to stay up they succumbed to their fate.

As of today, the starting 11 against Blackburn will be much weaker than the Wembley winners.

The players shoud do a tunnel leap if we get a draw at the valley next season. 

They will battle and they will only get support from me. If you get off on slagging off Cafc players you will be in your element this coming season.

• Sponsored links:

• Relegation

I'm desperately trying to be positive but i have to be realistic with it. Unless there is a big influx of quality arrivals in the next 6 days we just don't have anywhere near enough quality or depth to compete at this level. I can't see how anyone can see any different. Bowyer is a good manager but he is not a miracle worker.

Its clear with the likes of Cullen and co, we've not been able to get in the loans we really want, so my expectations of matching the quality we gained on loan last season, at a higher level, are less.

Much has been made of the squad's spirit and togetherness, lets see how that stands up after a few defeats. I'm a bit sceptical with a couple of them.

Here's hoping so many of us have called it wrong.

• Relegation
    Btw...

@killerandflash
    @Broadstairs_Red
    @doronron
    @KettsJohn
    @German
    @thickandthin63
    @mid_life_crisis
    @Covered End
    @MuttleyCAFC

are you aware you’ve commented but not clicked on the selection and registered a vote?
  • Relegation
    Every season we approach the transfer deadline saying we ‘need’ 5 or 6 additions and end up with 2 or 3, having to make do.

This season is more desperate than any other. With increased demands I expect more injuries and wear and tear. We don’t need, we have to get 5 players, but I expect no different from seasons gone by.

The intensity of this league is different to anything our players, bar a few, will have experienced and without that 5 we’re not going to cope.

Rotherham were relegated with a record low 23 points in 16/17. I look at August and think we’ll get 1-3 points depending on the Barnsley result.

We’ll be relegated, and I expect us to run Rotherham close for that record.
  • 13th - 21st
    I’d like to think we will over achieve but I honestly think we will be safe enough 
  • Relegation
    I'm no good at predictions but fear the worst. A heartbreaking scenario and another opportunity squandered.
  • Play off winners
    Promotion for me in the face of terrible adversity just like 1985/86 (plus it is in my ACCA @25)
  • Mid table would be good but if we don't bring some more strength to our midfield I am afraid we could be in a relegation dog fight 
  • Relegation
    Squad much worse than last year and it's a massive step up
  • 7th - 12th
    Elland Road
  • Relegation
    Paper thin squad in the most physical league in europe. I have total faith in Lee Bowyer to make what we have competitive but 2 games a week for 6 months is hard enough for big squads let alone our one full of kids and enthusiasm 
  • Sponsored links:

• 13th - 21st
    How many people had Sheff utd to do so well in the Championship? Or Luton to in L1 last season.
    Not saying we will get promotion but just some perspective. I think too many of you are throwing in the towel early. Yes we have a crap budget and nutjob owner but im staying positive...lol or trying to
  • edited August 2019
    Relegation
    Another poll that would be interesting is... "How long til our first win?" My guess is Aug 31, at Reading. And then our second the next match, against Birmingham.
  • Relegation
    The only encouraging thing is how few were right last season
  • Relegation
    Btw...

@killerandflash
    @Broadstairs_Red
    @doronron
    @KettsJohn
    @German
    @thickandthin63
    @mid_life_crisis
    @Covered End
    @MuttleyCAFC

are you aware you’ve commented but not clicked on the selection and registered a vote?
    And the Trevor Brooking award for sitting on the fence goes to...
  • Relegation
    So now we know the squad, can we do this again?

It's always nonsense, when you only know half the team.

I've gone from bottom to mid table. 
  • Relegation
    I've made an error
  • 7th - 12th
    So now we know the squad, can we do this again?

It's always nonsense, when you only know half the team.

I've gone from bottom to mid table. 
    That's exactly the point I was trying to make on my post on page 1 of this thread!

• Play off winners
    We will do well with Lyle Taylor and the winner that is Lee Bowyer at the helm.  

I think he'll perform a miracle this year and we will against all odds be in the play offs.