Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where do you think we will finish 2019/20 season? (Ed. Last season)

Comments

• Options
    Relegation
    Feeling a bit more positive with Cullen back and the new recruits coming in. Hopefully the squad will gel quickly, and we have lots of good home debuts on Saturday.
  • Options
    Champions
    Champions, but possibly, preferably, playoff winners winning 6-0.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    Can I have a new vote please :wink:
  • Options
    Relegation
    After the signings I think we have enough to compete in this league and will hopefully stay up.
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Reckon we might have a bit of a dip in results around October/ Nov then consolidate it over Christmas a little. Finally begin to settle into the league with a bit more experience, go on a bit of a run near the end and finish respectably in the top half.  ;)
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    *is smug*
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Not that the signings guarantee a top-half finish, but it's certainly possible now
  • Options
    Relegation
    14th / 15th
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    13th - 21st
    After yesterday I think mid-table, before I was in the just above relegation camp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    13th - 21st
    with these signings think we will do it and stay in the league i may be well in the minority but a success for me would be elland road last game of the season, leeds go up and we stay up. 
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Or, better, Leeds don't go up and we stay up
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    *huffs glue* We go up and Leeds go down!!!
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    In the light of the excellent business done by Lee and his team, I've gone for 12th. I reckon it's too much to expect better, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Relegation
    So from 434 votes, a surprisingly high 42% showed they knew their stuff (21% previous season).

we’ll run another poll for the coming season in two weeks time 
  • Options
    Champions
    So from 434 votes, a surprisingly high 42% showed they knew their stuff (21% previous season).

20/21
    Relegation 
  • Options
    Play offs

‘They knew their stuff’ ???

the team that started the season was doing pretty OK for a while but was decimated by an unprecedented succession of injuries that couldn’t have been foreseen; then the club was taken over by people looking forward to new range rovers, not new players; then Covid hit; and finally Lyle Taylor let his team mates down. One goal would have kept us up. Nobody saw that sequence of events when the poll was taken last August.
  • Options
    Relegation
    Relegated with barely a whimper 

We had a whimper 
  • Options
    Relegation

the team that started the season was doing pretty OK for a while but was decimated by an unprecedented succession of injuries that couldn’t have been foreseen; then the club was taken over by people looking forward to new range rovers, not new players; then Covid hit; and finally Lyle Taylor let his team mates down. One goal would have kept us up. Nobody saw that sequence of events when the poll was taken last August.
    So they really did know their stuff. Glad we’re agreed :-)
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    We would have stayed up if Covid had not happened. Taylor would have scored enough in the last nine games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Champions

And if we would of managed to sign messi, Ronaldo,Salah and Aguero in January my champions prediction would of come in.
  • Options
    Relegation
    Richard J said:
    We would have stayed up if Covid had not happened. Taylor would have scored enough in the last nine games. 
    Disagree, we looked terrible before the league was suspended and then went unbeaten in the first three fixtures after the re-start. I think the break actually helped us, but the terrible end to the season meant it just wasn’t enough. 

Predicted relegation before the start of the season, but not sure I could have predicted how that was going to happen!
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    So from 434 votes, a surprisingly high 42% showed they knew their stuff (21% previous season)
    Only just. It was freakish that we didn’t stay up in the end. 
  • Options
    Relegation
    As it stands I think we'll do well to finish bottom.
    Not a bad judge.
  • Options
    Relegation
    JamesSeed said:
    So from 434 votes, a surprisingly high 42% showed they knew their stuff (21% previous season)
    Only just. It was freakish that we didn’t stay up in the end. 
    In what way? 
  • Options
    Going into injury time on the last day, we were safe. Went down by the finest of margins.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    If the Brighton duo sign:  1st
    If they don’t: 24th
    That went well  ;)
  • Options
    Relegation
    aliwibble said:
    I sat on my rose-tinted glasses a while ago. If we managed to keep our first choice players fit and avoiding suspensions, I reckon we'd probably manage to just about stay up. But our lack of strength in depth is going to bite us on the arse I think.
    Admittedly I posted this before the influx of loan signings, which meant it looked like we were going to do far better than initially anticipated, but I'd say the last sentence was spot on.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    This season. I think as we stand it is difficult to predict as we are vulnerable to injuries. We are probably mid table to top half with a fair wind. Fighting relegation with a foul wind. If we are taken over and Bowyer brings in his targets, play-offs and automatics are likely.
  • Options
    13th - 21st
    sam3110 said:
    20th, would finish 22nd but 2 teams fall foul to FFP and have points deducted
    Just realised I was pretty close with this assessment!