Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Phew, that’s a good start. 
  • Nice one. I'm sure Bowyer has another one or two on his radar as well.
  • Frankly, Conor has achieved more (U17 World Cup team) and is more lauded (Academy POY) and is from a far bigger club (Chelsea)... than Cullen was this time last year. And that worked out great. Bowyer seems to get a lot from Lon players. I am very happy with this signing. Especially given the alternative is basically nothing. 
    Cullen was older though and came to us with both experience in League One (plus dealing with the Play-Offs) and a short period in the Championship
  • Good news. Academy player of the year can’t be bad. 
  • Never heard of him but how could we if he's never played in their first team proper. That said the prem clubs have such depth of quality these youngsters are rarely likely to ever step up. Hopefully he will have a great season with us and get the first team place he deserves. Welcome. 

• cafcwill said:
    If Bowyer says hes good then i'm happy

Bowyer KNOWS his midfielders better than anyone and doesn't sign Rubbish

Good Signing

Believe in Bow! Keep The faith!
    Do you remember Parker?
  • edited August 2019
    When your budget is bugger all of zero, you ain’t gonna be signing lots of players that you know / have heard of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Underwhelmed.

A kid with 4 appearances.  I cannot get excited about this signing.  

I hope I'm wrong.
    That's the spirit! 
    Is it not a fair comment?
  • cafcwill said:

Good Signing

Do you remember Parker?
    Parker, the guy who was bought in at 1 minute to midnight because there literally was no time to get anyone else?  

Is he the same as sought after Chelsea academy POTY then?  I’m confused.
  • cafcwill said:

Good Signing

Do you remember Parker?
    Parker, the guy who was bought in at 1 minute to midnight because there literally was no time to get anyone else?  

Is he the same as sought after Chelsea academy POTY then?  I’m confused.
    I think we are talking about midfielders.
  • edited August 2019
    Underwhelmed.

I hope I'm wrong.
    That's the spirit! 
    I think we will get ‘excited’ over very few signings this season. I’m not excited by his signing either but I am pleased with it. Judging by what is being said about him and that Gallen has watched him for a good while it is the best we can hope for at the moment.  

Hopefully over a 46 game season he’ll prove to be as astute a signing as Bielik and Cullen were. He is more inexperienced than them but is clearly highly though of and has a great chance to prove himself at this level.

• edited August 2019
    Underwhelmed.

I hope I'm wrong.
    That's the spirit! 
    I get what you mean. It’s a bit like appointing Bowyer as manager. Take the risk you could get a brilliant player or manager, or give someone like Reeves another contract (or appoint someone like Slade) and know they’ll be average at best.

I’d rather take a risk with a few young players from top clubs than only sign ordinary players that might do a job for us. Especially when Bowyer’s shown he’s by far the best in years when it comes to improving players.
  • cafcwill said:

Good Signing

Do you remember Parker?
    The one who won us promotion!? Even that selection worked out somehow. 
  • cafcwill said:

Good Signing

Do you remember Parker?
    cafcwill said:

Good Signing

Do you remember Parker?

behave Elfs .. Parker is no Messi but he did a decent job for us
    Aaaagggh, Lincs, c'mon.
  • Scoham said:
    Underwhelmed.

I hope I'm wrong.
    That's the spirit! 
    I get what you mean. It’s a bit like appointing Bowyer as manager. Take the risk you could get a brilliant player or manager, or give someone like Reeves another contract (or appoint someone like Slade) and know they’ll be average at best.

I’d rather take a risk with a few young players from top clubs than only sign ordinary players that might do a job for us. Especially when Bowyer’s shown he’s by far the best in years when it comes to improving players.
    Agreed.

However, this signing stinks of how f***** we are on signing players at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Genuine question for those that know about this lads ability and playing style . How have you seen a Chelsea academy player when you are a Charlton fan? My mind is boggling about the hours of football you must watch to be able to say - yeah I’ve watched a few Chelsea academy games?
    I have a mate who’s a chelsea fan, goes to a lot of academy games so that’s how I know about him. He said he reckons Gallagher could have a future in the first team, and I trust his judgement, so fingers crossed he shows his ability for us
  • Genuine question for those that know about this lads ability and playing style . How have you seen a Chelsea academy player when you are a Charlton fan? My mind is boggling about the hours of football you must watch to be able to say - yeah I’ve watched a few Chelsea academy games?
    I have a mate who’s a chelsea fan, goes to a lot of academy games so that’s how I know about him. He said he reckons Gallagher could have a future in the first team, and I trust his judgement, so fingers crossed he shows his ability for us
    "Could".

A boy with 4 checkatrade games under his belt.

I'll reserve judgement.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    Cullen replacement, will he he be an upgrade though? 
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    Well best get Rob Green signed up 
    At one point he was England's no.1 so probably better than Amos still.
    So was Gordon Banks 
    Probably better than Amos still.
    Why are you digging out Amos ?

Is this because he looked shaky in a friendly match against a premier side ?

I've seen him play 25 odd matches and never seen him make an obvious error.
  • edited August 2019
    Good luck Conor.

We need another 4 good loanee's with quality to be competitive. 
  • Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
  • Underwhelmed.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Below is the full list of players we had lined up if we did not get this lad....

• Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
    No pressure on young Connor but he will need to be Cullen, Bielik, and a young Lampard rolled into one if we don't get another 2 loans in and a couple of free transfers. 
  • Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
    No pressure on young Connor but he will need to be Cullen, Bielik, and a young Lampard rolled into one if we don't get another 2 loans in and a couple of free transfers. 
    You massively missed my point.
  • Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
    You massively missed my point.
    Evening gazza 
  • Loanee from Chelsea or the network? Not a tough call.