Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    If Karl Robinson knew we had a transfer embargo in January you can bet your bottom bollock Frank Lampard knew.

We needed bodies to help the likes of Gallagher.
    Lampard did exactly the right thing getting his top lad away from this impending shit show!
  • Options
    Rumours linking him with a loan move to Vitesse Arnhem this morning. In the Sun mind you so probably rubbish. 
    Chelsea have a link up with Vitesse, Mason Mount was out there not too long ago.
  • Options
    Yep, no issues with Gallagher getting out when he did, even if he didn't want to. It was best for his career.
  • Options
    If Karl Robinson knew we had a transfer embargo in January you can bet your bottom bollock Frank Lampard knew.

We needed bodies to help the likes of Gallagher.
    Lampard did exactly the right thing getting his top lad away from this impending shit show!
    Yes, the news from the last couple of days gives a whole new perspective to the events in January
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Gallagher has bombed since he left us. As have we. Gilmour has almost made him a bit player for Chelsea.
  • Options
    Swansea 18th in the form table for the last 10 games, where as Charlton are 10th.

Don't know a terrible amount about Swansea or the manager to really comment, but I wonder if Chelsea/Gallagher still think its was a good move for him and his development?

His loss appears to be Albie Morgans gain, who has come back from lockdown looking a different animal. 
    6 goals in 26 for us
    0 goals in 12 for Swansea 

Not sure if he is playing deeper for them but that is some difference 
  • Options
    Swansea cost me £143 in a £1 accy today.  My only loser.

Gallagher should have stayed under Bowyers guidance. He left just as out better players were returning from injury.
  • Options

Gallagher should have stayed under Bowyers guidance. He left just as out better players were returning from injury.
    The question being, did Gallagher have any say on his move to Swansea, I doubt it
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The question being, did Gallagher have any say on his move to Swansea, I doubt it
    He had to have agreed, otherwise the move would not have been possible, he may have been coerced / persuaded, but not forced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallagher is a cracking player and from all accounts a great young kid too.

You can't blame him or his agents for wanting to get him out of the freak show with Mouthall and the Brassic Arab in January given they would have been well across the situation.

He only has eight games left at Swansea and I doubt he'll play in the Championship again, probably get a Premier League loan deal next season at the likes of Brighton or Saints.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Why would he not have had a say and agreed to the move?

A move to a side chasing the play offs whilst linking up with his old England manager and a couple of his old England youth team mates. 
  • Options
    Gallagher is a cracking player and from all accounts a great young kid too.

You can't blame him or his agents for wanting to get him out of the freak show with Mouthall and the Brassic Arab in January given they would have been well across the situation.

He only has eight games left at Swansea and I doubt he'll play in the Championship again, probably get a Premier League loan deal next season at the likes of Brighton or Saints.
    I think he'll be back in the Championship next season if he's time at Swansea doesn't go too well. 
  • Options
    Everytime I've dipped into the Swansea forum, it's always been a common theme from many posters that they believe Steve Cooper to not be a great manager.

They think with the players they have they should be doing far better than results suggest.
  • Options

An article in todays 'Sun'

Charlton fans were gutted when Chelsea recalled him in January to send him to Swansea.

He explained: “It happened very quickly. Chelsea thought sending me to Swansea was better for my development and it’s turned out well.

“I had a great time at Charlton. It was a homely club and I made a lot of great friends there. Hopefully they can stay up, they had a lot of injuries and problems with the ownership, so had a lot to contend with.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12154864/chelsea-conor-gallagher-swansea-loan/

• Options
    Shouldn't have pissed off half way through his loan, can't be that gutted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shouldn't have pissed off half way through his loan, can't be that gutted. 
    Sorry but that's ridiculous. He would have had absolutely zero say in the matter. And clubs like Chelsea take a proper interest in what they have loaned out. Swansea will beat Brentford over 2 legs. 
    After what those ********s did to us last night I really hope you're right. 
  • Options

He joined us to learn from players around him in a team that would hopefully hold their own in the division. Not Dempsey, Davison, Morgan, Doughty. Lapslie or Vennings. He already had more experience than them. When he left we tried to replace him with the likes of Green, McGeady, Smith and Davis. Those moves sum up exactly where we were at the time and why Chelsea insisted that he do so.

The side he joined is now in the play offs and he was instrumental in getting them there last night - that was his 45th game of the season. And he might now go back to them next year as a Premier League player.

It's only because Gallagher is a success story and not someone like Smith who wasn't up to it that people are getting upset by his message. Credit to him for sending it. He didn't have to. And good luck to him in the future.

Hear hear 
  • Options
    Gallagher was in one of the few situations in football where the players don't have all the power, Chelsea said jump and he had to jump. We really missed him, somehow we seemed to play about 20 yards further up the pitch when he was there. Good luck to him.