Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Harsh on Woking but would be tempted to loan him to a league two club, or even league one struggler, in January and send Wassim or Ghandour to Working instead.
    If the rules change and we're allowed 9 on the bench and 5 subs, I'd be tempted to recall him now
  • Harsh on Woking but would be tempted to loan him to a league two club, or even league one struggler, in January and send Wassim or Ghandour to Working instead.
    That sounds a bit like Chelsea to me! 
    His loan is only until January at Woking anyway
    No because Chelsea didn't loan Gallagher to a higher level. They also didn't replace Conor. They left us high and dry. 
  • There is very little between the National League and L2.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Harsh on Woking but would be tempted to loan him to a league two club, or even league one struggler, in January and send Wassim or Ghandour to Working instead.
    No because Chelsea didn't loan Gallagher to a higher level. They also didn't replace Conor. They left us high and dry. 
    We forgave them though which is, presumably, why we took one of the best young full backs outside the Premier League on loan from them
  • edited November 2020
    Harsh on Woking but would be tempted to loan him to a league two club, or even league one struggler, in January and send Wassim or Ghandour to Working instead.
    I thought he is only on loan until jan? We don’t have to extend the loan when it ends and if he does come back and we send someone else, it would still benefit Woking as was sim is likely to add to their squad
    He'd have to go to a club that would start him regularly. It won't be much use for us or Davison if he goes to a league club and they have him in and out of the team or use him as a late sub. Given what I saw from him last season and the way he appears to playing for Woking, I'd be tempted to bring him back to Charlton in January. He could be very useful in the run-in. 
    I thought he is only on loan until jan? We don’t have to extend the loan when it ends and if he does come back and we send someone else, it would still benefit Woking as was sim is likely to add to their squad
    Would that mean us not signing the forward that has been referred to us doing in January i.e. are there cap limit issues?
  • edited November 2020
    Simonsen said:
    He'd have to go to a club that would start him regularly. It won't be much use for us or Davison if he goes to a league club and they have him in and out of the team or use him as a late sub. Given what I saw from him last season and the way he appears to playing for Woking, I'd be tempted to bring him back to Charlton in January. He could be very useful in the run-in. 
    Agreed. I’m really excited about this lad, he seems to have that burning drive to improve. 

He didn’t really look out of place chucked against Championship centre half’s. Now he’s out scoring for fun which will do his confidence the world of good. 

Bring him back and it saves us having to needlessly spend money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every time the Josh Davison thread comes up near the top, I think it's a thread about Joy Division.
    me too, Let's Dance to Josh Davison
    Would that mean us not signing the forward that has been referred to us doing in January i.e. are there cap limit issues?
    He's 21 so not covered by the cap
  • Would we have to lose someone from our first team squad if we brought Josh back?
  • Leave him there for a season. Bang in 25 goals. Then come back. 
  • Would we have to lose someone from our first team squad if we brought Josh back?
    I think under 21s are outside the limit
    He had his 21st birthday in September.

The wage cap  this season applies only to any player aged 21 and over on 1st January 2020.

• Our academy was good when we were chucking these kids in at the deep end

Imagine how good some of them will be with proper development.
  • A better level for Josh to be playing at, but it also means that he'll be unavailable for us this season
  • Sponsored links:

• A better level for Josh to be playing at, but it also means that he'll be unavailable for us this season
    He's played for us in the EFL Trophy this season, isnt it three clubs you're allowed to play for in a year now?

Much better challenge for Josh though, was surprised when he dropped to the National League in the first place
  • Good move for him, better than occasionally coming off the bench for us.

Decent scoring record but not outstanding for Woking - 4 in 12, all starts. Interesting to see he scored all of them in a run of 4 games so he’s overdue a goal.

• This is probably better for his development but could we have saved some money by using him and not signing Bogle? would this have freed up budget for elsewhere?
  • Good move for Davison.

if he hits the ground running and scores some goals in a promotion battle in league 2 it will be very difficult for Bowyer not include him the squad next season, unless we get promoted. 
  • A good move for Josh.
  • Is he playing Sorba's ex level?
  • mendonca said:
    Is he playing Sorba's ex level?
    Nope... Him and Sorba have both gone from National League to League Two, what with Sorba joining Harrogate on loan
  • Sorry, meant Sorba Thomas! But just looked that Boreham Wood are in the National league. Forest Green being in L2. 

Good move if he starts!