Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    Capitalist Hippie ?!?  :D:D:D
    Ta ta, son.
    Enjoy your Lego.
    Pathetic isn’t it ... he hasn’t got a clue. 
  • Options
    I can’t find where it says about him knocking scour reports up in his bedroom. I wanted to frame it. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I am really enjoying the gradual collapse of all things RD and this is just another prick in the wall.
    Why we still worrying about all things Roland.
    I'm more interested that it's been 24 hrs and weve yet to sign anyone.
    Oh I am not worrying but surely I am allowed 24 hours celebrating before I worry we havent signed anyone
  • Options
    He’s said to jimmy stone that he’ll appear on the final episode of “getting to know the network”. Claims he has “evidence of all the things people have lied about”. 
     Is that for real?

I would pay good money to hear the last installment of GTKTN if they are going to get some meat on the bones from both sides.
    I had a look, yeah it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Capitalist Hippie ?!?  :D:D:D
    Ta ta, son.
    Enjoy your Lego.
    Pathetic isn’t it ... he hasn’t got a clue. 
    Probably means he lives in Shoreditch.
  • Options
    He’s said to jimmy stone that he’ll appear on the final episode of “getting to know the network”. Claims he has “evidence of all the things people have lied about”. 
    If he's genuinely going to appear on GTKTN then respect on that front, sort of. 
  • Options
    Given the quality of many of their signings / clients, he and MDH could form a perfect partnership. 
  • Options
    T D , was the type kid that got a battering at school and even the teachers ignored it.
  • Options
    He's going to reveal that he selected playing targets by tossing cards with players names on down his stairs and selecting those that landed on the special step marked with the Charlton crest. He told Roland that he had complex algorithms based on player stats etc but his real method saved much more time, gave him a sense of superiority over those at the club who had half-a-clue and allowed himself a chuckle at the Presidents expense.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    If he's genuinely going to appear on GTKTN then respect on that front, sort of. 

Don't forget the 'where are they now?' episode in a few years.

Roland working in his disused Motel with his mum upstairs.!!!

Katriene a few years into a 5 year stretch at Royal Holloway

Dreisen making big moves in the music industry (guitar hero on PlayStation) when he's not out in his skateboard with his friend.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I think your last two lines sum up Driesen perfectly, el-pietro.
  • Options
    I would LOVE to chat to this bloke. There’s so much I’d like to hear his side of, particularly signings he agreed to/forced on us. Bergdich, Nego, etc I’d love to know more about but most importantly....................PETR PARZYCEK!!
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    I'm definitely interested in hearing what he has to say. Theres a tendency to blame him for all bad signings and give credit for any good signings to anyone else involved at the time. His connection to RD, as well as a general opposition by many to any statistic based analysis means he is on a hiding to nothing.
    Theres no doubt many of the players brought in during the early Roland years were poor, but how much of that is strictly because he chose bad players, how much of it was due to a lack of understanding of the standard of the Championship, and how much was due to restrictions on funding put in place by RD.
    There were definitely some decent players in his time, Igor had his difficulties with injuries but he was clearly talented. JBG is playing in the Premier League. Paddy Bauer scored one of the most important goals in recent Charlton history. I have no idea how much involvement he had in these signings or others, but potentially he could do a decent job identifying talent as part of a proper recruitment structure. He definitely shouldn't be given final say on signings, but if he had a role looking for under the radar players and passing on recommendations then that could work.
    I suspect hes probably due more credit than he has traditionally been given, but I also suspect he won't do himself any favours by speaking publicly cos he comes across as cocky prick who will try to give himself credit for any good signings and pass off any bad signings as someone elses fault.
    But isn't that just why you don't let a know nothing decide rather than the former England player you employ as manager.

Getting the right fit is as, if not more, important than getting a good player. Many, many choices just weren't ready or suited but Driesen didn't care.

As it was many of the players had already failed at other network clubs and we're just recycled to Sparrows lane without even telling Powell let alone considering if they'd fit.
    I definitely thnk thats right. As I said, theres nothing wrong with having him (Or others like him) identify talent. There should be someone experienced making the final call, but at the same time you want them on the same page, looking for similar attributes). Theres no way a kid like Driesen could have known enough about Charlton or the Championship to know if a player had the right attitude etc to fit. As for recycling, that comes down to Duchatelet being a cheap skate surely? Same with his managers. He didn't want to right any "investment" off.