Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    At least that interview reveals we played 75k for Purrington.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    If you compare this to the 1.5m (reportedly) we got for Grant (plus addons, maybe we have that here also) then this is a great bit of business by CAFC.  Grant COULD be a decent premier league striker with the right partner, Bonne a good Championship striker.  

Just feels great to be able to negotiate rather than Roland practically giving players away
  • Options
    A great bit of business.  Good to see us get a decent fee for a change.

He has admitted on the QPR website that, as some of us suspected, his head was turned.  As such, Bows had no choice really.

If we can get hold of a couple of good finishers that fit in more with Bow's style of play, then it will have become a masterstroke.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To buy for £200k and sell for £2m cannot be described as bad business, It is still disappointing though. I had high hopes for Macca this season. 
        Yes I also thought a little time with the right supporting players around him and he could have been a very good striker, hence QPR buying him.
  • Options
    £2m is great money, two weeks ago we would have been begging for £200k

• Options
    MattF said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-signs-for-qpr/

He actually said his head was turned!!! haha
    "The second I heard there was interest, my head was turned,” he said. “I’ll easily say that – my head was turned straight away."

Doesn't bode well for them if he does well and a bigger club come for him then
    Yeah I just read that! Pretty shit way to treat a club who gave you a chance in the pro ranks.
    Don't forget the no -mark wanker of an agent who started gobbing off late November as the Jan window approached.
    Who has probably just pocketed 6 figures
  • Options
    QPR got 20mill from Eze
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-signs-for-qpr/

He actually said his head was turned!!! haha
    The second I heard there was interest, my head was turned,” he said. “I’ll easily say that – my head was turned straight away.

But of a tosser statement from him tbh
    I was going to say something positive about Bonne and that even though its a great deal profit wise, I'm disappointed he's gone. But that's a really crappy quote from him. Whether or not QPR are currently a league above us. 
  • Options
    Good business 
  • Options
    Acts like a pro and despite his crap finishing, I did always like him. With that said, we made 1.8 mil from when we bought them, amazing business there.

Bow has said we'll buy 2 strikers now. Let's see what we get
  • Options
    Golfie will be pleased ....

As for me, we can only judge if this is a good bit of business when we see who we recruit as replacements.
    Yep this. 100%. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Can’t fault his effort and quite like him as a player but a good bit of business by the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked him good luck to him
  • Options
    MattF said:
    se9addick said:
    Feels weird for us to sell one of our players for something approaching market rate. 
    Feels even weirder thinking that the profit might find be injected back into the club raher than someone's pocket
    Who was the last Charlton owner who took money out of the club (bar ESI, but they didn't sell anyone to pay for it)? 
  • Options
    A great bit of business.  Good to see us get a decent fee for a change.

He has admitted on the QPR website that, as some of us suspected, his head was turned.  As such, Bows had no choice really.

If we can get hold of a couple of good finishers that fit in more with Bow's style of play, then it will have become a masterstroke.
    Depends if his head was turned because of how Bowyer has treated him in the media or whether his head was turned because it's QPR. 
  • Options
    I remember how I felt when Rob Lee was sold to Newcastle for £700k in 1992. This does not feel at all the same, £2m a decent valuation in the climate and the emotional attachment just not there, as ‘he could turn into a really good player for us’ is nowhere near, ‘why have we just let our best player go for a pittance? I’m gutted...”.

Good luck MB and thank you for your hard work, but excited to see who comes in next?
  • Options
    Only good business if we replace him well. 

He has an eye for goal, needs too many chances though, thought he'd do well in L1
  • Options
    Decent return for us, he plays in the championship, we can use the money and wages to strengthen the rest of the squad, everyone's a winner.

Anyone on here follows him on Instagram will know he's a good lad with a real down to earth family and partner, and is essentially living the dream right now, so on a personal level I'm really happy for him. Plus he owns miniature dachshunds and I have one too and they follow eachother on social media so I'm biased :smiley:
  • Options
    he's been off the boil all season, obviously wanting away, now he's got his wish .. disinterested, non committed players are not for us .. for a couple of million or a lot less we can buy an experienced striker looking to mover to a bigger club and to do well .. let's hope Bowyer and Gallen find the right one. As Lee says, we have a 'rest period' after Saturday and that gives time to shop around