Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Blimey! Bonne scored some very tidy goals for us but also missed some sitters, including against Brum which in hindsight would have kept us up. Good biz for us and I hope Mac does well for them. There is potential there mind.
  • Options
    Not read all the posts, but I think it's good business at this stage in Macauley's career. Good price and a decent opportunity for the player. I have no axe to grind with him, he always did his best. I wish him the best of luck (until he plays against us, naturally).  
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    my head was turned. cos they are a Massive club. christ, qpr are desperate. no doubt we will watch Bonne go for 10 million next summer.  

so... who do we play up front against Sunderland? 
  • Options
    Think Bowyer is thinking we have a shorter season than everyone else and we're still playing friendlies until the window closes. 
  • Options
    Good business IMHO. I'm sure Gallen has done the maths and concluded that this makes us better able to recruit a better replacement or two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
     Dazzler21 said:
    Think Bowyer is thinking we have a shorter season than everyone else and we're still playing friendlies until the window closes. 
    Are you such a Bonne fan that you're rounding on Bowyer now.. 2nd or 3rd post having a crack at him
  • Options
    good business for all concerned I think

would I have liked to have kept him, yes - there's a player in there

would I be disappointed if I were a QPR fan and realised we'd spent £2m on a striker and it was Bonne, probably yes

think we've got good money for him now and I'd hazard a guess we'll replace him with 2 strikers who will score more than him
  • Options
    wow - surprised

pleasantly so.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Golfie will be pleased ....

As for me, we can only judge if this is a good bit of business when we see who we recruit as replacements.
    My only disappointment is that we sold him today, a day before a match. Who the fuck is going to play upfront tomorrow. Davison I expect. God forbid he or Washington get injured early on or cant play for some reason (Covid). Not sure if Aneke is fit enough to play tomorrow.

But overall very happy. Bonne did well for us seeing as he got thrown in once Taylor was out injured & just had to get on with it, Scored a couple of great goals (away at Bristol City being one, plus the lob over the keeper at home v ?) but generally poor in front of goal & his hold up play & heading is pretty average. 

PS. He only scored 10 goals. The first goal accredited to him at home to Leeds hit him & rolled over the line (if it actually ever did hit him & didn't come off the defender). He knew nothing about it & was "given" to him so he got off the mark.
  • Options
    I like Bonne, thought he did ok for us but not heartbroken at his departure and you can’t sniff at the return on our original outlay. Maybe he’ll flourish and become a really good striker maybe he won’t but it’s not our problem now. Just hope we get a couple of strikers in soon because we are sorely lacking up front.
  • Options
    Does this mean the Range Rover boys will be round with their caps in hand wanting their percentage?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I blame him for our relegation in the end, some of those chances he missed in the end were criminal. 
    2m you’re havin a larf ! 
    YOU WHAT? This is likely a whoosh moment...

Bonne was the reason we still had a chance he scored goals to keep us in the fight otherwise we'd have been relegated a few games earlier!
    But the miss against Wigan and the 1-on-1 with the keeper against the spanners?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I blame him for our relegation in the end, some of those chances he missed in the end were criminal. 
    2m you’re havin a larf ! 

Bonne was the reason we still had a chance he scored goals to keep us in the fight otherwise we'd have been relegated a few games earlier!
    BWP couldn't score one v ones either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Result , utter chuff 
    he wont get 10 goals for them (excluding pens) this season
    I agree.  One goal Chuks will serve us better in his 6 apps this season 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    2m you’re havin a larf ! 

Yeah but I think BWP was more consistent for us, especially in L1. 

Bonne's a nice enough lad an all, but his form fell of a cliff in the second half of last season. 
  • Options
    Good business for the club and hopefully we can find a replacement plus one more striker to push us on.
  • Options
    Great business and I wish the bloke all the best. When he signed, given his experience and the level he’d played at, I think he did better than a lot of us expected. 
  • Options
    Struggling to understand those who feel we’ve pulled their pants down. £2m doesn’t get you much for a Championship striker these days, Eze going for £20m and Watkins £28m shows the level of upsell available.

Bonne scored double figures in his 1st Champ season, no pens, a 1 in 3 record in a relegated team that didn’t create many chances. He runs all day for the cause as well. He’s also young enough to hold resale value if successful.

Id be scratching my head if I was a QPR fan reading the response. 
    Because many of us have seen him play week in & week out. TBH, when I heard that QPR had sold a player for £20m I assumed it was the kid who tore us apart at their place (double barrelled surname) as I thought he was the stand out player that day. QPR fans would probably tell a different story though as they see him every week.
  • Options
    Good luck Macauley. We really really need some strikers now
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    2m you’re havin a larf ! 

Yeah but I think BWP was more consistent for us, especially in L1. 

Bonne's a nice enough lad an all, but his form fell of a cliff in the second half of last season. 
    Did he... Went a huge period that season without scoring - took him two games to get going that season anyway

Nor did he have to worry about his head being turned

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39634&season_id=141
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    se9addick said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-signs-for-qpr/

He actually said his head was turned!!! haha
    The second I heard there was interest, my head was turned,” he said. “I’ll easily say that – my head was turned straight away.

But of a tosser statement from him tbh
    What a prick. A no mark who's inability to score a 1 on1 is why we got relegated. 

£2million is an unbelievable bit of business by us.
  • Options
    Nice guy. Did his best. Just wasn’t clinical up front enough, but was dropped in the deep end when Taylor did his vanishing act. Hope he does well at QPR, but sadly don’t think he’ll be missed that much.

Plus, Maddison is a much better striker, and £2m is an excellent bit of business!