Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Options
    Muttley will be pleased, we could play the following squad Saturday: 

Amos 
    Gunter - Oshilaja - Famewo - Maatsen
    Shinnie - Pratley - Smith
    Jaiyesimi - Millar
    Stockley
  • Options
    A good deal for all concerned.  Charlton free up a space in the matchday squad for loan players & Shinnie gets until the end of the season to earn a new contract
    Agree.

Don't think he's as bad as some say but his not been brilliant or consistent either.
  • Options
    Good news, but you can guarantee that one of our loans will now pick up a season ending injury making it unnecessary...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    He’s a good player imo.
    Think he’s one that needs consistency, as most players do.
    Hopefully he has a regular position nailed down now and stays injury-free to show what he can do.

• Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    Basically taking over his contract from Luton. Needs to impress now otherwise he'll be another to leave in the summer.

Tbh I can't see how this makes any difference. He was on loan until the end of the season & as the transfer window has closed there is no recall. Just means we are now paying ALL of his wages.

Weird when you come to think if it. Must be more to it. 
    oops, see Oggy has stolen my thunder.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    and he's got to do a lot more to convince me he's good enough for even League One. If by some miracle we do go up then he's not a Championship player imo.
  • Options
    Basically taking over his contract from Luton. Needs to impress now otherwise he'll be another to leave in the summer.

Tbh I can't see how this makes any difference. He was on loan until the end of the season & as the transfer window has closed there is no recall. Just means we are now paying ALL of his wages.

Weird when you come to think if it. Must be more to it. 
    oops, see Oggy has stolen my thunder.
    Sorry, Large. Didn't mean to take away your chance to put your bruv Golfie in his place.. :smile:

• Options
    Not overly impressed to be honest. 
    31 years old so not exactly building for the future. 
    From what little I've seen of him he seems a steady 7 out of ten sort of player. 
    Having said all that I wish him all the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what little I've seen of him he seems a steady 7 out of ten sort of player. 
    Player of the season when Luton went up! My Luton mates gutted to see him
    go.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bogle only got a contract to the end of the season as well. 

Meanwhile we signed players like Gunther on 2-year contracts with an option of another year. 

The length of the contract says a lot about our intentions for the player.

When the season is over, likely we will go for someone younger. Until then, he's one of the few midfielders we have with composure. 
  • Options
    If we had an entire team of those then we probably wouldn't be where we are. Too many players putting in 5's is the problem.
    Can't really argue with you on that.
    But at 31 years of age he's hardly going to improve  and as we have seen with Pearce and Pratley plus Watson and to some degree  Gunter players can go downhill fast once they get to this age.
    I would have preferred someone younger is all I'm saying. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Think he's one of our best players... Does the simple things right and keeps us ticking. Need to find a way to play him in the middle, he is wasted on the right
    Agree
  • Options
    I’m sure it’s just the case of him being the cheapest option the 6 loanees to turn perm 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I’m sure it’s just the case of him being the cheapest option the 6 loanees to turn perm 
    He was also the one option out of contract in the summer.