Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Basically taking over his contract from Luton. Needs to impress now otherwise he'll be another to leave in the summer.

Tbh I can't see how this makes any difference. He was on loan until the end of the season & as the transfer window has closed there is no recall. Just means we are now paying ALL of his wages.

Weird when you come to think if it. Must be more to it. 
    It's already been explained by Bowyer though. We had 6 loans and therefore 1 loan player had to miss out from the Matchday 18.
    Who would you leave out from Shinnie, Famewo, Stockley, Millar, Smith or Maatsen?

Evidently Bowyer wanted to select all 6.

Now, with Shinnie signed on a permanent contract, all 6 can be selected. It's as simple as that.

Currently Famewo is injured
    Gilbey had been injured 
    Smith has hardly featured 
    Maatsen has been injured & then dropped.

Don't tell me that all 6 would be in the matchday squad all at the same time. They were all brought in knowing the 5 man rule as well. Wasn't spring on us like the wage cap.
  • Frightening how many people don't understand why he has been signed even though our manager has already explained why. I'm talking across the Charlton media's as well.

To clarify. 

- Enables us to now field all of our loanees

- Means we still keep one of the better players we have had this season

- As he is officially a Charlton player he will have to play at his best to earn a new contract, whether with us or someone else we 'should' have a hungry player on our hands.

Fairly confident our management and owner are aware that he is ageing and a league 1 promotion fix at best, which is exactly what we need for now.

I am happy with the situation

More like we are preparing for another season in League 1.
  • Frightening how many people don't understand why he has been signed even though our manager has already explained why. I'm talking across the Charlton media's as well.

To clarify. 

- Enables us to now field all of our loanees

- Means we still keep one of the better players we have had this season

- As he is officially a Charlton player he will have to play at his best to earn a new contract, whether with us or someone else we 'should' have a hungry player on our hands.

Fairly confident our management and owner are aware that he is ageing and a league 1 promotion fix at best, which is exactly what we need for now.

I am happy with the situation

More like we are preparing for another season in League 1.
    If we are not preparing for it, then we bloody well should be. 
  • Chunes said:
    Bogle only got a contract to the end of the season as well. 

Meanwhile we signed players like Gunther on 2-year contracts with an option of another year. 

The length of the contract says a lot about our intentions for the player.

When the season is over, likely we will go for someone younger. Until then, he's one of the few midfielders we have with composure. 

Unlike a lot of fans, those inside the club have not given up on promotion yet. I think Shinnie stays (or at least is offered a new deal) if we're in League 1 next, but maybe moves on if we do somehow manage to get promoted. I like him, as you say he doesn't panic in possession and looks after the ball. Can't play central in a 442 though, for me, not good enough defensively, but he looked decent on the right or in a three man midfield with hard workers around him.
  • edited February 2021
    I like watching him on the ball.  He doesn't offer enough defensively for this squad so like a few have said I'd like us to go one up top this weekend, so we pack the midfield a bit more and still keep Jaiyesimi and Miller as wingers + support to Stockley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news. Sorts out the loaned problem and has Shinnie fighting for a new contract. Would have him in starting line-up every week.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Basically taking over his contract from Luton. Needs to impress now otherwise he'll be another to leave in the summer.

Tbh I can't see how this makes any difference. He was on loan until the end of the season & as the transfer window has closed there is no recall. Just means we are now paying ALL of his wages.

Weird when you come to think if it. Must be more to it. 
    It's already been explained by Bowyer though. We had 6 loans and therefore 1 loan player had to miss out from the Matchday 18.
    Who would you leave out from Shinnie, Famewo, Stockley, Millar, Smith or Maatsen?

Evidently Bowyer wanted to select all 6.

Now, with Shinnie signed on a permanent contract, all 6 can be selected. It's as simple as that.

Currently Famewo is injured
    Gilbey had been injured 
    Smith has hardly featured 
    Maatsen has been injured & then dropped.

Don't tell me that all 6 would be in the matchday squad all at the same time. They were all brought in knowing the 5 man rule as well. Wasn't spring on us like the wage cap.
    Gilbey a isn’t a loan
    My bad.

• Bit of a no news story this. The chance of having all 6 available at any one time is pretty slim with our record. 
  • Bit of a no news story this. The chance of having all 6 available at any one time is pretty slim with our record. 
    Exactly this.
  • good signing, welcome Andrew (as a full timer lol)
  • Sorry not a massive fan.

Very skilful but no pace,  can't tackle and gets caught in possession too often

A luxury player in a non luxury league.  
  • Sponsored links:

• I know he is pretty popular with our fans and he is definitely a talented lad but I’m not keen. 
    I think we lack energy and strength in the middle particularly when Pratley starts to tire in the 2nd half of games and when you have Shinnie and Morgan on the pitch together we get overrun. It has been particularly noticeable in the home games. 
  • They won't be all fit at the same time, should have waited until his contract was up.
  • Bowyer asked Thomas to support him by making the full squad available to him by signing one of the loans permanently. Thomas duly obliged - what a truly refreshing change, thank you Thomas and please grab this chance to earn another year with both hands, Andrew. We have seen you have some great passing capability and vision in you, all we need is a bit of consistency. Good luck!
     He's got 4 assists and 2 goals if he can finish on 8-10 assists and 4-5 goals that's not awful. That'd buy him another contract for me.
    What?

Famewo is back now. They're all available NOW
  • Good signing. I like him. Perspective in view of where we find ourselves at the moment. 
  • Underwhelmed on performances so far. Hope he delivers more of the passing that set up Stockleys goal against Gillingham. Too many poor passes, tackles and lost possession in a number of games.

I wish that Morgan had been given the chances that he has. More energy, better passer and less mistakes.

Hope the target of a new contract benefits him and in turn the team.