Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ST holders unable to attend to retain CAFC Cash / Ballot details for Wimbledon & Bristol Rovers p6

edited December 2020 in General Charlton

Thomas Sandgaard will enable season-ticket holders who are unable to get to games to retain their CAFC Cash.

Supporters, selected in the club’s balloting system, that are unable to attend on medical grounds or who are over the age of 70 were credited with CAFC Cash for Wednesday’s game against Milton Keynes Dons, but the Charlton Owner has extended the offer to any season-ticket holder who is unable to attend a game while the current balloting system is in place. 

Commercial Director Wayne Mumford said: “I think Charlton supporters will have seen already just how important the club’s fanbase is to Thomas and this is a generous gesture at a time where a lot of families are having to deal with a variety of new challenges.

“Following feedback from supporters, Thomas and the Charlton staff have moved quickly to put this in place for our next home game against AFC Wimbledon.

“Thomas has been calling for fans to be allowed back into the stadium and while he wasn’t with us on Wednesday, I know he was watching on Valley Pass and heard the fantastic reaction he got when his message to supporters went up on the big screen.”

Supporters can use CAFC Cash to purchase the live streaming of Charlton games on Valley Pass or on other future purchases. Supporters can also choose to donate their CAFC Cash back to the club.

Charlton welcomed 2,000 fans into The Valley on Wednesday and Mumford wanted to thank the supporters and the staff following the game. 

He said: “Wednesday’s game was only approved last Friday, so for the team to turn everything around in such a short space of time is very impressive and a testament to everyone’s hard work and dedication – especially the ticketing team and operational staff. 

“We’d also like to thank the fans for working with the club’s staff on Wednesday. We appreciate it is a slightly different matchdays experience and we’ll continue to look for ways to improve the experience and hopefully increase the amount of fans we are allowed to get into the stadium.”

The club and Greenwich Council, who have been very supportive, were very pleased with the way the fans followed the phased arrival at Wednesday game, which helped maintain social distancing outside the stadium. With fans and staff now more used to the process, the club will be able to bring those phased timings closer to kick-off, so for Saturday’s game, supporters will be assigned arrival times between 1.30pm – 2.15pm.

Click here to buy your match pass for Saturday's game against Shrewsbury Town.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fca3d0fbf416/sandgaard-to-support-season-ticket-holders-who-are-unable-to-get-to-games

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to him 
  • Options
    Indeed, our very own " Fairy" Godfather ! 

( No offence meant, Thomas !)
  • Options
    Thank you Thomas

Although would have been a little disappointed had I not been allowed to use my CAFC Cash for games whilst I'm not allowed in
  • Options
    Good timing as AFC ticket emails are being sent out to fans. 
  • Options
    Nice gesture but think this now makes it easier for ST holders to pick and choose and their games. See how it pans out.
  • Options
    Thoroughly decent bloke!
  • Options
    I expected something like this, but only because I have high expectations about how the clubs is being run now
    Good timing as AFC ticket emails are being sent out to fans. 
    Got my "Dear John" email just now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got an email saying I’m not been lucky with the ballot for the Wimbledon game I also wasn’t lucky for the MK Dons game. I can see how this time I wasn’t lucky has I’m not in tier 3 and they are lots of ST holders in these areas who are not in the ballot and supposedly fans who got tickets for MK Dons wouldn’t be in this ballot.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Brilliant gesture and again great adaptive progress from the club as we approach the next game. It would seem that they are listening and engaging with fans again.

I have already received an 'unsuccessful in the ballot' email for the Wimbledon game, hopefully I can apply if any are not taken up just as I had to for Wednesday. 

• Options
    Bilko said:
    Just got an email saying I’m not been lucky with the ballot for the Wimbledon game I also wasn’t lucky for the MK Dons game. I can see how this time I wasn’t lucky has I’m not in tier 3 and they are lots of ST holders in these areas who are not in the ballot and supposedly fans who got tickets for MK Dons wouldn’t be in this ballot.
    Would definitely take that up with the club, that's not right.
  • Options
    Has anyone who got a ticket through the MK Dons ballot, (Sucessful email) have now been told they are unsuccessful for the AFC Wimbledon game? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Has anyone who got a ticket through the MK Dons ballot, (Sucessful email) have now been told they are unsuccessful for the AFC Wimbledon game? 
    I have
  • Options
    MattF said:
    shirty5 said:
    I have
    Ok so they have not used the same list of 2,000 from the MK Dons game then 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    WTF !!! This is unbelievable !!!

None of my family group of 5 who my acct is linked with were successful for Weds night and now just 1, an under 18 has an email saying she's successful for the 12th match!!!!

This is not on! This non rotation could mean a s tkt holder might NEVER get to see a home match. 

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GO FROM HERE  as I'm just about to blow a fuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    Nice gesture but think this now makes it easier for ST holders to pick and choose and their games. See how it pans out.
    Surely that is the idea isn't, not penalizing supporters who are unwilling to travel
    to games at the current time, for whatever reason
  • Options
    Its actually a good idea, or those that opted out of Wednesday on week 1, will more than likely always get a Saturday game for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    Really don't understand how they've come to the conclusion that its better not to rotate, that was probably the most sensible bit of the original arrangement 
  • Options
    After consulting fans? What those that went to the MK Dons game? 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bilko said:

None of my family group of 5 who my acct is linked with were successful for Weds night and now just 1, an under 18 has an email saying she's successful for the 12th match!!!!

This is not on! This non rotation could mean a s tkt holder might NEVER get to see a home match. 

Perhaps call or email the ticket office ... There were tickets available after the ballots on Wednesday, i'm sure if any ST wants one they will get one for Sat 
  • Options
    Bilko said:

I did call and they told me the new ballot rules before it was announced.

I told them of my displeasure and all I got was thanks for your feedback 
  • Options
    I forgot to add that I was told fans who where picked for the game last Wednesday wasn’t happy because they couldn’t make it and meant they wasn’t in the ballot for the next game.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    After consulting fans? What those that went to the MK Dons game? 
    I went to the MK game (unsuccessful in original ballot) and have been successful in the Wimbledon one and I think it's a disgrace.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bilko said:

My group of the 3 are the same. Unlucky on both ballots. Having previously stated how well Charlton handled Wednesday day this is the complete opposite