Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Smith MK2 (the Arsenal loanee one) - gone to Wigan p7

previously on loan at Swindon this season

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Ball playing midfielder 

• Options
    Roles he's previously played from TransferMarkt... Wont surprise me if he's a bit of a Williams / Levitt replacement

• Options
    Can I be the first to say, "Underwhelmed" ..... in true Charlton Life fashion?  :smile:

Joking, of course.
  • Options
    How tall is he
  • Options
    Oh okay... He's used to our formation. 

Could we see him taking the Pratson/Watley role?
  • Options
    'He's played men's football'?  

Fucking hell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How tall is he
    5ft, 9in
  • Options
    Massively due an injury with his run of games already this season 
  • Options
    Have we just done a Swansea to Swindon and nicked their best midfielder through the player's parent club?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m sure everyone is up in arms as honest Charlton fans who cried at what happened with Conor Gallagher and the whole footballing world being against us now see that it’s happening to Swindon and we refuse this loan deal on the grounds it is not fair to Swindon 
    There are rumours Swindon sent him back to Arsenal rather than being recalled and sent higher in the League

Few Swindon fans on twitter are questioning the Management decisions - Otherwise I do agree with where you're coming from

• Options
    edited February 2021
    6th loan signing at the club now. I do wonder how much we will see of him as cannot see him being above Famewo, Maatsen, Millar, Shinnie or Stockley in the squad list. Imagine one of these will probably get injured at some point. 

Still got plenty of matches until the end of the season so assume he will get some chances when we starting playing Saturday/Tuesday again.

Going to come off the fence and say this was a last minute free hit we were offered. Under 21 so doesn’t affect the wage cap and was probably another body to help the squad.

• Options
    I’m sure everyone is up in arms as honest Charlton fans who cried at what happened with Conor Gallagher and the whole footballing world being against us now see that it’s happening to Swindon and we refuse this loan deal on the grounds it is not fair to Swindon 
    I think this one is a similar situation to us and Smyth/QPR. Both club and loan club agreed to cancel the season long loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6th loan signing at the club now. I do wonder how much we will see of him as cannot see him being above Famewo, Maatsen, Millar, Shinnie or Stockley in the squad list. Imagine one of these will probably get injured at some point. 

Still got plenty of matches until the end of the season so assume he will get some chances when we starting playing Saturday/Tuesday again.
    Find this a bit confusing... He will likely rotate in/out with Shinnie, but more likely we'll find out that another player has been injured.... 
  • Options
    Bowyer:

” : “I think he suits the way we play, he’s an energetic midfielder. I like that he looks to play forward every time he receives the ball, he’s going to be another good addition to our squad. 

“We know with players we’ve had previously from Arsenal, they are all good and comfortable on the ball and importantly he has played men’s football before so he should hit the ground running.” 

Gallen 

“ He’s done well at Swindon, we’ve followed him over the last few months and he came available late and we were in a position to sign him, so I’m pleased we’ve been able to get it done. 

“He’s a good footballer technically, especially with his through passes and reverse passes – he’s a clever player. He’s good at receiving on the half turn, trying to play forward, so he’ll complement our team and the way we play. Players like Ronnie Schwartz and Conor Washington should benefit from the passes that he brings.”

What happened to the quote about box-to-box academy midfielders, I thought that was very intresting then it disappeared from the artical.  I didn't imagine it, did I? 

Anyway an up grade on Levitt purely as he has already played half a season of men's football.  

I assume we will now "sign" Shinnie to get over the loan issue. 
  • Options
    The missing link? Maybe brought in to do the job that Levitt was earmarked for but was *unable/unsuccessful/not given the opportunity to do? *Delete as appropriate
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bowyer:

” : “I think he suits the way we play, he’s an energetic midfielder. I like that he looks to play forward every time he receives the ball, he’s going to be another good addition to our squad. 

“We know with players we’ve had previously from Arsenal, they are all good and comfortable on the ball and importantly he has played men’s football before so he should hit the ground running.” 

Gallen 

“ He’s done well at Swindon, we’ve followed him over the last few months and he came available late and we were in a position to sign him, so I’m pleased we’ve been able to get it done. 

“He’s a good footballer technically, especially with his through passes and reverse passes – he’s a clever player. He’s good at receiving on the half turn, trying to play forward, so he’ll complement our team and the way we play. Players like Ronnie Schwartz and Conor Washington should benefit from the passes that he brings.”

What happened to the quote about box-to-box academy midfielders, I thought that was very intresting then it disappeared from the artical.  I didn't imagine it, did I? 

Anyway an up grade on Levitt purely as he has already played half a season of men's football.  

I assume we will now "sign" Shinnie to get over the loan issue. 
    With that, I fully expect deadline day to be over for us. 

I don't doubt Cawley, but he has said before just because he hasn't heard an iron is in the fire it does not mean it is not. We need a CB. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Find this a bit confusing... He will likely rotate in/out with Shinnie, but more likely we'll find out that another player has been injured.... 
    I though Morgan was Shinnie replacement for when he’s not playing. Maybe Smith is Morgan replacement on the bench when Shinnie is out of the squad. 

Im a huge fan of Shinnie so hoping we will see more on the pitch than not.
  • Options
    Unless we are signing one of the current loans permanently...