Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Underwhelmed. 
    But he starts with a clean sheet from
    me. (Except he’s called Nigel). 
  • I wasn't sure at first, but I think it could be a shrewd appointment. Looking forward to the journey.
  • Leuth said:
    Perfect. A lovely and thoughtful man whom I'll defend to the death on Charlton Life :)
    After watching the clubs video I'm onboard with this
  • Happy with this appointment and more so that JJ stays.
  • WOW ! 

Late to this very significant party as usual ....but SO pleased to have finally arrived.

THIS is the news I was hoping for following a day of deliberation after Tues evening's match.

Thanks, Thomas, for what I believe is the best possible solution at this moment in time. 

Bless your cotton socks !!! 
    I’m guessing you have a tingle then 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Im happy...Great experience of getting out of league 1. COYR
  • Underwhelmed but has my support.

• Laddick01 said:
    JJ must've been given some reassurance that the job could be his one day. Adkins is experienced, and supposedly a good motivator.

Thinking seems to be let Nigel get us up, stabilise and then hopefully Johnnie will be fully ready to take over when needed.

I dont hate it.
    In 2.5 years?
  • I'm pleased.

I's not someone I even thought of when Bowyer went, but he's got a good record, seems a good bloke, and tries to play good football.
  • Wouldn’t have been my choice but I’ll get behind him . Good luck Mr Adkins 
  • Not sure why everybody is happy about the coaching team remaining in place. Defensive organisation and therefore coaching has been a major problem this season. to think this was just down to Bowyer is naive in my view. Be delighted to be proved wrong but suspect this will be a temporary solution and Adkins will look to change/strengthen at end of season. 
    Mixed feelings about Adkins but pleased it has been dealt with promptly 
  • How much mileage can we get out of his name being Nigel?
  • I'm actually quite pleased about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant news. I would have been really disappointed if it had not been him after reading and watching so much about him.
  • Can't wait till we get to play Palace in the Prem and that "the Nigels" get whooped by Nigel!!!!
  • Also underwhelmed, but will have my total support .welcome to CAFC Nigel.
  • I think when it comes down to it when you take away the likes of Howe and Wilder and with us in League One I think Adkins is a solid appointment especially with Jacko as his assistant i'm far more happier than I was when his name first popped up.
  • Looking forward to Saturday and beyond. U23s and 18s - keep at your best, chances now more likely to come & mistakes allowed...