Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Options
    People who are underwhelmed - might I ask why? 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Great news about finally getting there, and welcome Nigel to the gang, and note JJ staying as assistant more good news, now maybe make sure JJ is happy and signed to a similar contract.
    Wonder what Lee will think of all this regarding JJ and wanting him at Brum.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Go...nads  ;)

Mike, where I live I'm surrounded by Palace and Chelsea fans so I can't say Nxxxl without feeling nauseous.

So I will have to say Nads or Howard (middle name)

Adkins and Jackson; The way forward.
  • Options
    Good appointment. But not sure its wise to of TS and Nigel to speak about the prem so much, if a current player reads that it can't do anything good for their confidence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn’t have been my choice but I’ll get behind him . Good luck Mr Adkins 

Oooohh Matron
  • Options
    Said i was underwhelmed yesterday, reading more about him today i actually feel quite positive. Enjoyed his interview too and i think its great JJ stays assistant.
    Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Seems a great appointment, successful promotions and play offs up to prem level and steered hull away from relegation. Has also been relegated so brings all round experience and lessons learnt. And JJ stays. Lets go baby! 

Compared to bows who had little experience and took us up with a great team but ultimately was tactically and selection inept, disinterested (and may have lost to the team)... this is a positive move. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    I'll post this again for those who didn't see it on the other thread. 

https://youtu.be/jfnwFaH4O5U

I think this is a great bit of business. 

He has all the attributes we require right now, and after watching the video it inspires me that he will indeed succeed. 

Welcome Nigel. (Has he got middle name we can use instead of Nigel!?) 😉

It was a great video and Howard is N.Adkins middle name.
  • Options
    As I said on the other thread chalk and cheese to Bowyer and in my opinion an upgrade.

100% support
  • Options
    Great outcome and we’re still in with a slim chance of the play-offs.
  • Options
    Good interview, like the enthusiasm. Pleased the backroom team is staying - though I can see what @redman is getting at. 

Best of luck Nigel.