Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Welcome
    Cafc
  • When you come here as a player or manager, your experience is YOUR experience.

For us it should be a clean slate, we will obviously feel a certain way, but the club comes first and for that reason new players and managers always get my support. 

(Even the yellow toothed gaffa shoed Belgian bellend appointed ones got it initially)
  • Has Adkins managed any of our players before? Gunter?
  • Welcome Nigel, I’m a lot more positive now than I was on Tuesday 
    I'm a lot more positive now than I was on Monday ;)
  •  Very happy with that. 
    Let’s go!
  • Warming to Nigel. Good luck, mate. Onwards and upwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Adkins managed any of our players before? Gunter?
    Gunter at Reading was runner up in there POTY when they missed out on the play offs on the last day. 
  • Could have been better  , could have been worse . He seems to talk a good game though , and comes across as a decent bloke . Good luck NA .
  • Welcome Nigel and of course good luck.
  • Obviously he has my full support, but I can't say I share the excitement here

I've always liked him as a person, but I do worry that his "headline" achievements are a long time ago, and that he inherited a cracking Southampton squad from Pardew, whereas here he'll have to build a squad

I do like that he wants to play decent football, and develop academy players. His positivity will surely benefit the likes of Morgan
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck Nigel! I think it’s ok. Good for JJ he may leave us one time and he may come back who knows! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

Adkins did brilliantly for Southampton TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO - he has not worked for two years and failed at his last three clubs.

This is just so gutting, I am sure he is a lovely bloke and all that but come on people if Sunderland appointed him after sacking Parky we’d have thought them mad.

Obviously he knows Ged Roddy from working together at Reading and that’s why he got the job, and that is just not good enough I am afraid.

Feels like a real kick in the teeth and confirms what others have said about tension between Bowyer and Roddy with the former fearing a replacement was being lined up.

I would love to be wrong but this looks like an awful appointment, please show me a manager that has failed at his last three clubs and then suddenly finds success after two years on his arse. You won’t be able to.

Really quite angry about this, feels like a complete piss take to be honest.
    Is that the Roddy who worked and Reading in 2018 and the Adkins that left in 2014?  Or a different pair? 
    Yep - fair enough - that’s my mistake.

But sorry, there has to be a link somewhere because someone two years out of the game and three failures in a row behind them doesn’t just get appointed 48 hours after the last manager walks.

This didn’t just happen this week.
    The way him and Olly kept saying this has been a whirlwind week and happened quickly, makes it sound like not as pre-planned as you think. 
    Yeah it sounded like he was on Sandgaard's list but maybe only contacted this week. 
  • Crikey he seems a nice bloke, you can imagine him being the type to pass on the glory to the players when things are going well.
  • Anyway all appointments are a risk, so judge the choice next May.