Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Can't remember how much I paid in 19/20, has the price gone up by much?
    Compared to 19/20 

Zone one adult (phase 2) was £550 now £575
    zone two £430 now £455
    zone three £375 now £400
    Zone four / family was £220 now £260

• edited May 2021
    Is the fans bar, crossbars ? 

Tempted on ST for the North Upper, just gonna wait to see how things are come August though I think. 
  • se9addick said:
    I'll be getting a season ticket once we are ALL allowed in.  Before Christmas, I will be very surprised if fans allowed into The Valley will exceed the amount of season ticket holders we'll have.
    Goodness, these boycotters keep moving the goalposts - first they need a change of ownership before they’ll buy a season ticket, now it’s an end to government restrictions, whatever next!! 
    Laughable.
    Sell 8k season tickets but 5k allowed in?
    What % of fans to capacity will be allowed into grounds next season?

I’m fairly confident that things will be at full capacity for the new season as per the roadmap. 

• Renewed last season. Going to wait until later on in the summer. Purely a covid related decision and not football decision. I’ve seen 1 match in a stadium since March 2020 and will wait to see what happens. Will always be a seat available to buy, especially in league 1.
  • There is a bit at the back of the brochure about an adults membership for £35 year which gets you a few benefits including 30 loyalty points. For season ticket holders its £25 a year
  • Why would you launch your season tickets during a media blackout?
  • se9addick said:
    I'll be getting a season ticket once we are ALL allowed in.  Before Christmas, I will be very surprised if fans allowed into The Valley will exceed the amount of season ticket holders we'll have.
    Goodness, these boycotters keep moving the goalposts - first they need a change of ownership before they’ll buy a season ticket, now it’s an end to government restrictions, whatever next!! 
    Laughable.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with us at 25% and masked up. 
  • se9addick said:
    Laughable.

I’m fairly confident that things will be at full capacity for the new season as per the roadmap. 

We'll see, I hope you're right.
    You cannot drink in a pub at the moment, so I'll be very surprised if capacity crowds are allowed into football grounds anytime soon.
    Make sure you wear a face covering so I cannot see your boat.
  • J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Laughable.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with us at 25% and masked up. 
    Why is that?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Laughable.

And, if they're not, then they will operate CAFC Cash again with credits for the unavailable games. That's fair enough and worked well this season. No risk of losing money.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Why would you launch your season tickets during a media blackout?
    It’s supposed to be launching on Tuesday and that is when the brochures were supposed to start dropping on doormats. 
    The company that was used insisted that none would be delivered until Tuesday, but here we are! 
    That seems odd to me. They go on sale 8.30am on Tuesday but I won’t see mine until 5.30pm in the evening so putting me at a disadvantage for the seats I’d want. Surely you’d get them delivered Tuesday/Wednesday with them going on sale say Thursday/Friday.
  • Very informative brochure & very helpful to those (like me) who might need to use CAFC Cash and/or linking others to do likewise.

Interesting to note that it appears that Blocks A&B in the AC Stand are still going to be shut for the new season. Just hoping that they aren't going to shut the loos down that end too.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Why would you launch your season tickets during a media blackout?
    To keep the twits out ?
  • will be getting mine regardless of any covid restriction issues - was only the crooks that stopped me last year
  • Renewed last season. Going to wait until later on in the summer. Purely a covid related decision and not football decision. I’ve seen 1 match in a stadium since March 2020 and will wait to see what happens. Will always be a seat available to buy, especially in league 1.
    This
  • I bought a ST for this season and will renew straight away using my CAFC cash...not a difficult decision to make thanks to TS 
  • There is no mention in the brochure if Valley Gold members get a £10 discount?
    The £15 discount is mentioned on page 31of the brochure
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/uploads/2244b2e4fac96b6984e698554b1f8f94
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems harsh that loyalty points from this season won't count. So fans who bought season tickets this year in very difficult circumstances and propped the club up get no reward. But fans who went when were in the championship do. Thats not rewarding loyalty is it?
  • YTS1978 said:
    Seems harsh that loyalty points from this season won't count. So fans who bought season tickets this year in very difficult circumstances and propped the club up get no reward. But fans who went when were in the championship do. Thats not rewarding loyalty is it?
    The reward is CAFC Cash. Depending on how much you've spent you can use the balance towards your new season ticket. Even by streaming a game for a tenner I'm saving the cost of that match "ticket" (£17) and a balance is building up. 
  • Animal Addicks! WTF?
    They should get loyalty points! International Addicks do. 
  • Then without wishing to sound particularly harsh @Sark99 if that consideration was as important to you then you really should have renewed last season mate with the thousands who did (mainly I suspect for the same reasons).  

Im sure you’ll be fine though 
    I think it is a bit harsh because plenty of people with a long record of commitment to the club chose not to give their money to an unstable business with untrustworthy owners who could and did disappear in short order with as much cash as they could carry. And that’s without Covid.

There are no easy solutions and I’m sure most people will be fine. I’ll be back to moan on Tuesday if the ones I want aren’t available, mind.
    Airman Brown I agree with you. That’s why I raised the point originally. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    Seems harsh that loyalty points from this season won't count. So fans who bought season tickets this year in very difficult circumstances and propped the club up get no reward. But fans who went when were in the championship do. Thats not rewarding loyalty is it?
    The reward is CAFC Cash. Depending on how much you've spent you can use the balance towards your new season ticket. Even by streaming a game for a tenner I'm saving the cost of that match "ticket" (£17) and a balance is building up. 
    This.
    I haven't used any CAFC cash this season, just a tenner a time paid directly for each stream. Which means pretty much that the cost of our season tickets for this season has been fully refunded. Not sure why that should qualify for loyalty points.

• edited May 2021
    I find the launch of a paid adult membership scheme depressing. We got rid of this about 30 years ago because it makes no marketing sense to charge new fans higher prices than established ones. Recruiting and retaining new fans is the only game in town for driving matchday revenue.

I doubt there will be many takers at £35, because it’s also a misunderstanding of the nature of our supporter base and a benefits conflict with Valley Gold, which it will potentially undermine. 

We already have a premium membership scheme, which is the season ticket. The club shouldn’t offer benefits to “members” which are not available to season-ticket holders without them paying extra. If you’ve already paid up to £575 for a season ticket, why on earth should someone get a benefit you don’t for £35?

They have played fairly safe on the ST prices, which I realise is all most people care about, and I can understand why. For those who don’t recognise it as a “freeze” it’s likely to be because they are using August prices not April ones. I think they are generally good value, although there are still too many pricing tiers in the east stand*and the gap between £260 and £575 is unjustifiably wide. I don’t believe either maximises revenue.

*Alan Curbishley Stand!
  • Sark99 said:
    Then without wishing to sound particularly harsh @Sark99 if that consideration was as important to you then you really should have renewed last season mate with the thousands who did (mainly I suspect for the same reasons).  

Im sure you’ll be fine though 
    I think it is a bit harsh because plenty of people with a long record of commitment to the club chose not to give their money to an unstable business with untrustworthy owners who could and did disappear in short order with as much cash as they could carry. And that’s without Covid.

There are no easy solutions and I’m sure most people will be fine. I’ll be back to moan on Tuesday if the ones I want aren’t available, mind.
    Airman Brown I agree with you. That’s why I raised the point originally. 

I'm sure you will be fine. Rick would likely know better, but I would imagine very few existing season ticket holders change seats when they renew, and that being the case it would be unlikely that your previous seats were taken up by someone else this season as I doubt there are many new season ticket holders this current season.
    But on the rare off-chance that they did then they must have first dibs, irrespective of how long the previous seat holder had been in those seats.
    I renewed as I didn't want to lose our seats - they are great seats and I like sitting where we do. But, if I hadn't renewed and someone had stepped in to get one or more of them then so be it.
  • Are current season ticket holders seats held until a specific date?
  • se9addick said:
    Are current season ticket holders seats held until a specific date?
    Looks like they will be as its mentioned in the FAQ but no date as to when they will be held until yet
  • se9addick said:
    Are current season ticket holders seats held until a specific date?
    Yes but date to be announced.