Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Famewo and Millar are no where near PL ready so we should be trying to get them back on loan.  If we can buy them perm even better as they both have plenty of potential to improve with us but that may be a long shot.  Get Stockley, renew Aneke.  Would be a good start.
    Millar is dogshit really, reckon there's many young wingers from the Prem that would be 10x more effective than he was
    No chance but Ronan Curtis looks a very good player on the left but probably destined for a higher league.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    sam3110 said:
    Wyke of that list is the only one I might want, but he seems a bit of a prick
    Joe Dodoo and Sullay Kaikai are on that list.
    Good for them ;)
  • Options
    I don’t think Aneke will pass a medical somewhere else.

He can’t keep what’s wrong “confidential” in those situations.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Famewo and Millar are no where near PL ready so we should be trying to get them back on loan.  If we can buy them perm even better as they both have plenty of potential to improve with us but that may be a long shot.  Get Stockley, renew Aneke.  Would be a good start.
    Millar is dogshit really, reckon there's many young wingers from the Prem that would be 10x more effective than he was
    I don’t rate him that highly but he’s done better than a lot of loans we’ve had in the past, he’s got a decent return in both goals and assists.
  • Options
    We need to do what hayes said powell said when convincing him to join and snap up as much of the top talent in league 1 / top league 2 in there prime with the poss of growing still if we go up

money talks at end of the day and if you offer what the club wants plus good wages they will come ! and i know its not my/our money so easy to say but if we steal players from rival clubs and make them weaker it wld be perfect
    Plus Nigel’s boundless enthusiasm. Think it’s going to be a good summer. 
  • Options
    I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    He’s clearly too talented to be in League One. But on the other hand, he can only play 30 minutes a week. 

I’m not sure we should be building a squad around players who can’t stay fit. That’s been part of our undoing the last couple of years.

Give me someone like Pigott over Chuks every time.
    This is true but if a championship side is after him then they likely only want him as a backup striker anyway, so he can get a decent contract and sit on the bench.
  • Options
    Released list expected to be confirmed by the end of next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GK is an interesting one for me. I’m not sure we’ll start with Amos next season.
  • Options
    I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    That sounds like tosh to me. He has serious fitness problems in this division so how could he think he could last 90 minutes in The Championship?. 
  • Options
    That sounds like tosh to me. He has serious fitness problems in this division so how could he think he could last 90 minutes in The Championship?. 
    Do we actually know what is stopping him becoming fully fit ? 
  • Options
    No. Bowyer was very cagey about saying why and Adkins is the same. Perhaps it's mental health issues?
  • Options
    Maybe not, but he could probably get a bigger and longer contract as a Championship squad player.
  • Options
    No. Bowyer was very cagey about saying why and Adkins is the same. Perhaps it's mental health issues?
    If it is that then I feel for the lad and suspect that staying put with Adkins as his mentor would be his best option. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Maybe not, but he could probably get a bigger and longer contract as a Championship squad player.
    Possibly ,  but it sounds like his agent is after a pay day if the rumour is true about him wanting a Championship move.  
  • Options
    GK is an interesting one for me. I’m not sure we’ll start with Amos next season.
    You maybe right as someone said on here - so it must be true, mustn't it - that his missus wanted to go back north.

Personally, I hope he stays. He's a perfectly capable keeper at this level with a solid defence in front of him. And, in fact, he catches the ball from crosses as well as any Charlton goalkeeper I have ever seen - and that's important at this level. 

Long term I would have a little bet that Maynard-Brewer is in with a chance of establishing himself but he probably needs a year out on loan somewhere. (That was really beneficial for Phillips when he did that).

All that said, if Dillon Phillips doesn;'t want to sit on the subs bench all next year, I'd love to have him back!
  • Options
    Doesn't need to though.

Could potentially get a 2 year deal as a squad player at somewhere like (for example) QPR and be used as an impact sub.

Would you rather bring on Bonne with 20 minutes to go or Aneke?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope we keep Matthews and Aneke. JFC should get a contract too. 

Amos is 50/50. 

Not it bothered about keeping any of the other out of contract players.

stockley on a perm would be good.
  • Options
    OK

Here's an actual rumour.

Unreliable source says Shane Ferguson from the Toolbox.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    OK

Here's an actual rumour.

You aren't that unreliable.
    Thanks but I'm not the source
  • Options
    Adkins must already have it in his head who he wants to keep if the meetings are on Tuesday. I think there might be some surprises on Friday when the list is made public. 
    I dont get the people saying millar is shite. He is 21 and yes obviously needs to develop but if you think we will get better at the moment I think your dreaming. Bags of potential and will grow into a top class winger imo.
    All I keep thinking to myself is how great it is that for once we are making decisions early and I think we will also get signings completed early rather than waiting to see who is available at the end at bargain basement terms.
    I wonder if that young lad (cant remember his name sorry) that was linked to us from national league will reappear ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Adkins must already have it in his head who he wants to keep if the meetings are on Tuesday. I think there might be some surprises on Friday when the list is made public. 
    I dont get the people saying millar is shite. He is 21 and yes obviously needs to develop but if you think we will get better at the moment I think your dreaming. Bags of potential and will grow into a top class winger imo.
    All I keep thinking to myself is how great it is that for once we are making decisions early and I think we will also get signings completed early rather than waiting to see who is available at the end at bargain basement terms.
    I wonder if that young lad (cant remember his name sorry) that was linked to us from national league will reappear ?
    I assume you mean Sorba Thomas, he signed for Huddersfield in January.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    OK

Here's an actual rumour.

You aren't that unreliable.
    Thanks but I'm not the source
    I understand from a 'Millwall mate' that he was close to signing on deadline day (Cowley tweeted similar). When this didn't happen we went for Josh Morris at Fleetwood which also fell through 

Would he still be a target for Nigel? I would see him as a squad player but as a versatile left sider a useful one. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!