Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Good video compilation but just wtf and I mean just wtf did Robinson see in him to think I know I’ll stick him at right back. 
    He’s a scouser - they’re not the brightest. 
  • edited July 2021
    Good video compilation but just wtf and I mean just wtf did Robinson see in him to think I know I’ll stick him at right back. 
    It certainly begs the question my. He was clearly happy with those in midfield ahead of him but maybe still wanted him in the side for his height and engine 🤷‍♂️.
  • Again , very happy with this signing . A team of giants .
  • I’d be very surprised if Gallen hasn’t negotiated a 2 year deal, with an optional 1 year, which would suit both parties, I’m not worried, welcome home!!

Note he likes a card, odds on to be sent off against Chef weds, you heard it here it first!!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    ------------------Mcgivallry
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - NEW
    ---------------Dobson - Clare
    NEW ------------ NEW ----------------DJ
    -------------------Stockley

We desperately need a creative midfielder
    Gilbey?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Mcgivallry
    Matthews Inniss Famewo Purrington
             Clare   Dobson Gilbey  
              NEW   Stockley   DJ

Is how I'm expecting to see us. I'd be surprised if we signed another centre midfielder, maybe a backup or a decent loan.

Expecting to see a very good winger to complete the 11.
    I still think we have 5/6 players to come so think this team will change a lot in the next few weeks. 
  • mart77 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Mcgivallry
             Clare   Dobson Gilbey  
              NEW   Stockley   DJ

Is how I'm expecting to see us. I'd be surprised if we signed another centre midfielder, maybe a backup or a decent loan.

I still think we have 5/6 players to come so think this team will change a lot in the next few weeks. 
    Morgan?
  • edited July 2021
    CAFCsayer said:

Mcgivallry
             Clare   Dobson Gilbey  
              NEW   Stockley   DJ

Presumably that’s once Gilbey has fully recovered from Covid then ?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Mcgivallry
             Clare   Dobson Gilbey  
              NEW   Stockley   DJ

Washington?
  • Hang on... Undisclosed fee... Do we do those?
    Around 350,000
  • Feels a bit like Robinson was trying to recreate what he accidentally did with Dijksteel, turning a mobile midfielder into a first choice right back. Strange choice as that only happened with Dijksteel due to us not having enough players to rotate fully 
  • edited July 2021
    Hang on... Undisclosed fee... Do we do those?
    Around 350,000
    What higher than the £315k valuation on Transfer Markt  you mean, could well be lower as Gobbo wouldn’t play him in his preferred position and was happy to offload.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are Clare and Dobson both first team starters? Do they have the quality we need - or are they more back up's to our first choice? I dont know enough about them to answer that.

I think back to the Powell promotion season which is what I guess we were all hoping to replicate in approach.... buying the best players from league 1.

Havent a clue if these are the best players in league 1 - or how they compare to someone like Fraser who went to Ipswich?

Then again - look how many games Pritchard played in our promotion season and he came from non league!
  • Nice, another young player with a bit of mobility to go with Dobson in the middle.  Get a few more in and try and fill the team with more new faces than the ones that were left over from the start of last season and we can start to have a bit of hope
  • Right back????

Looks like a number 9 all day from those clips.
  • Happy with this one, we do need to start adding some goals to the midfield though. Other than Gilbey DJ and Stockley I don’t see where they’re coming from. 

Hopefully a couple of quality wingers, a striker and a more attacking midfielder won’t be too far behind. 
  • edited July 2021
    Are Clare and Dobson both first team starters? Do they have the quality we need - or are they more back up's to our first choice? I dont know enough about them to answer that.

I think back to the Powell promotion season which is what I guess we were all hoping to replicate in approach.... buying the best players from league 1.

Havent a clue if these are the best players in league 1 - or how they compare to someone like Fraser who went to Ipswich?

Then again - look how many games Pritchard played in our promotion season and he came from non league!
    Funnily enough, Pritchard actually played very few games for us in that promotion season. His breakout year was the following season in the Championship where he made that right mid slot his own over Wagstaff/Green.

I am proper excited about Clare, think he's the exactly the right type we need. Has all the mobility and tenacity of Pratley, but with something to offer in the opponent's penalty area too.

Dobson is a less glamorous player who I would prefer to see sit and hold his position for 90 minutes because he offers very little by way of quality going forward (that was his issue at Sunderland). But he doesn't need to be the creator if he has Clare/JFC and Gilbey/Morgan in front of him.
  • Dobson and Clare to me are first teamers but not automatic picks
  • Are Clare and Dobson both first team starters? Do they have the quality we need - or are they more back up's to our first choice? I dont know enough about them to answer that.

Dobson and Clare seem to be indicative of a slightly different approach. Where Wigan are "doing a Powell" and pillaging players from bigger teams and direct competitors, these are two players who seem to have been stand outs at clubs that otherwise struggled.*

I would presume the logic is that if they can look good in a poor team, they will therefore turn out to be really rather tasty in a team of better quality. 

* I suddenly realise this also applies to Stockley, except that the struggling team in question was us!! 😏