Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Its nice to see the comments on their twitter account - No one seems bitter about the move
    This is Crewe. It's their model and it's what they have always done. Their fans would be weirded out if good young players DIDN'T leave after a few seasons 

More to the point, their coffers would be empty.
  • Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    Its nice to see the comments on their twitter account - No one seems bitter about the move
    This is Crewe. It's their model and it's what they have always done. Their fans would be weirded out if good young players DIDN'T leave after a few seasons 
    True of the other CAFC, doesn't stop our fans abusing the players, such as Grant. 
    It must also get a bit depressing for Crewe fans - I know its potentially easy for them to accept their role in the Football Pyramid given they sort of live in the shadow of Liverpool | Everton | Man City | Man Utd

But they must surely think that they could achieve so much more if their kids stuck around like what we think.
    When and who was our last “kid” who stuck around ?
    Chris Solly you'd have to say. 
    Stayed coz he wasn't fit..
    Richard Rufus when an u21 international ? Still in the second tier then.
    I'm  just guessing some clubs would have been sniffing around.

I still haven't got over Mike Bailey & Billy Bonds being sold !   ( 1960's )
    And Len Glover.............
  • WSS said:
    Superb article with an impressive amount of detail. The part below is good to read. 

Jayden Stockley should be licking his lips. Kirk thrives when he has a physical focal point up front to work off; in build-up play, counter attacks, and from crosses. Kirk -> Stockley is an assister and scorer pairing that I would expect to tear up League One in the second half of the season, once Kirk has settled.”
    You mean when we're so far off the pace we'll need to win all our remaining games to make the play-offs?

• Been out all day and just logged on to this. Fantastic news and a 4 year contract as well.

COYR  
  • jakecafc said:
    Na na na na na na na na na Charlie Charlie Kirk Charlie Kirk, Charlie Charlie Kirk...

(To baby give it up)
    Where’s Charlie Kirk?

(Tune courtesy of Spizzenergi)

Or Spizz Oil or whatever they were calling themselves from one moment to the next.
  • Got to be a rewrite of “Star Trekking” come on you creative geniuses..
  • Ian maatsen could've been godlike with Kirk. purrington will probably be good enough
  • Welcome to the club Charlie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crewe have spent some of that money on the signing of Terrell Thomas. I'm sure he'll be great for them.

Almost like we've swapped academy products..! Although TT did take the long way round to getting there.
  • edited August 2021
    Been out all day and just logged on to this. Fantastic news and a 4 year contract as well.

COYR  
    Same here - nice to come home to such good news.  Position we needed, highly rated, League One experience and a good age again.

We're making good signings, slowly but surely.
  • Brilliant signing and a four-year deal! Has certainly lifted the mood of this forum
  • EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "It may seem like a sideways move to some" - lol, sure it does. 
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:
    WSS said:
    "The key thing to note is how Kirk puts chances on a plate for attackers. Most of these assists were low passes to players within 10 yards of goal."

So Stockley will either have to go on his hands and knees to score or learn to kick...
    Or we sign a poacher. Don't think Stockley or Washington are what you need if you have DJ and Kirk in your side.

Even though your default position is a tad on the negative side Golfie ! You do make some interesting observations.

Stockley I believe have only scored one goal with his feet for us, and Washington tends to be too wide so some changes are going to be needed for Cafc to score more goals from Crosses especially on the desk. Morgan could be a major player for Charlton if he could become a poor man's Frank Lampard, as with his fitness being at the highest level ever since being a pro (told by a Cafc coach and I always want to be ITK !) If Albie could find composure we would have a 12 goal midfielder, judging by the two chances in one game last Saturday. Over the last two seasons he is on a par with Bradley Pritchard in scoring but we live in hope. 
  • EastStand said:
    WSS said:

Even though your default position is a tad on the negative side Golfie ! You do make some interesting observations.

Stockley I believe have only scored one goal with his feet for us, and Washington tends to be too wide so some changes are going to be needed for Cafc to score more goals from Crosses especially on the desk. Morgan could be a major player for Charlton if he could become a poor man's Frank Lampard, as with his fitness being at the highest level ever since being a pro (told by a Cafc coach and I always want to be ITK !) If Albie could find composure we would have a 12 goal midfielder, judging by the two chances in one game last Saturday. Over the last two seasons he is on a par with Bradley Pritchard in scoring but we live in hope. 
    To get Albie scoring eight or more goals he’d have to be a regular if not first choice starter. If he is then I’m missing something because there’s nothing about Albie at this point that makes me think he’s good enough to be a regular and if he is then we’re not strong enough. He’s got bags of potential but he’s surely a bench player this season.
  • Jac_52 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Think Kirk could be one of the best signings we've made in years. Just a feeling. Think he could help get Stockley to 20 while also bagging around 10 himself. 4 year contract is great too. 

I'm looking forward to the Kirk and Spockley link up as well.

Funny and clever as this is, there is something very spooky in that picture of Stockers with black hair B)
  • If they go missing during the match we know that the USS Enterprise is high over The Valley somewhere.