Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I didn’t really give a good description as to where it was.

I did learn about it the hard way, as I purchased the package for the last month of the season, and then of course got completely done like a kipper when it renewed for the off season 😭

• Options
    WSA said:
    I found 'My Subscriptions' on the Valley TV Purchase Pass menu page with an option to cancel auto renewal there, adding a reason.
    Found it thank you... Should be right at the top of this page below for anyone else

https://www.charltonafc.com/charltontv/purchase-your-pass

Legend thanks
  • Options
    So now preseason friendlies are over I’ve tried to cancel my auto renew on Charlton TV.

It may be that I’m trying on mobile but it’s impossible. The FAQ session says go to ‘my account’ to cancel. If I go there the only option I have is to logout.

Has anyone had any luck cancelling the auto renew on mobile? Or do I need a desktop site?
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    So now preseason friendlies are over I’ve tried to cancel my auto renew on Charlton TV.

It may be that I’m trying on mobile but it’s impossible. The FAQ session says go to ‘my account’ to cancel. If I go there the only option I have is to logout.

Has anyone had any luck cancelling the auto renew on mobile? Or do I need a desktop site?
    See the above post
  • Options
    I couldn't help noticing the large new TV gantry in front of some of the hospitality boxes in the AC stand yesterday.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I couldn't help noticing the large new TV gantry in front of some of the hospitality boxes in the AC stand yesterday.
    I wasn't there, but surely that's the same gantry we've had since the late 90s?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    Its the sane gantry 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Its the sane gantry 
    The only sane part of the ground then ...
  • Options
    Thanks for the link guys. I have just cancelled. I nearly forgot to cancel. My reason just said "I only subscribed for the friendlies. Nothing personal"
  • Options
    My reason was “cos Stockley is a donkey 🐴”

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Thanks for the link guys. I have just cancelled. I nearly forgot to cancel. My reason just said "I only subscribed for the friendlies. Nothing personal"

• Options
    What’s that thing on his head?
  • Options

• Options
    Southall’s left over hair transplant?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info about cancelling the Charton TV subscription. I purchased it for the friendlies and have not used it for anything else so no point when there are no games. I hate the whole auto renew process. It is never straightforward to stop and puts me off buying certain things if truth be told.
  • Options
    I took up the £7 per month option. Thinking of keeping it as was told it gives full 90 min replays a few days after??
  • Options
    That'll please Andy Holt
  • Options
    clive said:
    An agreed split of revenue is the best way forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:
    Sage said:
    He has a point, sure.

However, he’s also only saying about the distribution of money from streams because they’ll never ever get close to what we would or others in the league. If they weren’t so small they would not be complaining.

What this does do though is limit those fans who rely on the streaming service for Accrington Stanley, such as the elderly.

I would hope that because our service is not iFollow, even if they use iFollow cameras, we could still have our own stream for the game.

What they will now also find is that rather than supporters using Accrington’s iFollow, they’ll pay for the opposition’s and still get the game streamed but financially, Accrington do not benefit so they’re no better off.

There is nothing better as a fan and for the club to have people attending matches, but you have to recognise the way the game and people’s behaviours and habits have changed and the need for streaming has, and will continue to grow.

Being creative with the streaming service whilst pricing match tickets at the right point to attract fans in attendance is the way forward. Otherwise you’ll price people out of attending and others will find a way somehow, be it legal or not.
    Even if Charlton TV were to stream the match, it is still only for fans based overseas, elderly or not.
    I would imagine most of the people who watch the streams are young people, some for free via illegal means & most living in this country.
    The majority would be watching it via a VPN, people will find a way whether it is legal or not.

Also, you would be surprised the amount of people who now watch games on the stream instead of attending. I know of a group of OAPs where they all have decided they watch the game on a stream instead of coming to The Valley now. It's cheaper, more convenient, and many more factors that contribute to their decision.

All Stanley are doing are cutting their nose off to spite their face.
    And yet there's people on here who think that ending the 3pm blackout wouldn't hurt attendances.
    I doubt it would hurt attendances anymore than they already are - given that pretty much anyone who wants to stream it now can in some way or another
  • Options
    Ali Maxwell (Not the Top 20) will be on CharltonTV with Curbs today

• Options
    Remove that fence from your arse 
    "I think Derby will win, but dont want to upset Charlton fans who will be tuning in" 
  • Options
    No Minto today. 
  • Options
    Having a scroll through Aidan Magee’s Twitter feed… interesting choice of host… 🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Not a fan of him... Seems a big personality 

Minto just quietly gets on with it 
  • Options
    Having a scroll through Aidan Magee’s Twitter feed… interesting choice of host… 🤔🤔🤔
    Come on, spill the beans....!