Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Ha! Jees - just seen Bradford's home attendance average is just over 17k this season. Didn't expect that.

They've had big crowds for years, indeed arguably the biggest underachievers in the EFL, with just the Phil Parkinson era breaking the cycle of failure

Sparky seems to have got them moving in the right direction at last
  • Options
    It's cheap as chips at Bradford.
    I thought I read that even though they have the biggest attendances in L2, they didn't have the biggest revenue.
    Mind you that does seem a bit of a stretch, so i may have got that wrong.
  • Options
    One of my best friends is a Dons fan, and I always keep an eye on them because of that.  I said when Jackson went there, I think it could be his last job as a manager as I personally don’t think he has what it takes and was coming from an environment where he was a club legend, into one where they don’t know him and as a relegated team, there’s an expectation in some quarters that they can compete to go back up again. 

There’s still time for him to turn it around, but from what my friend says it’s a carbon copy of the set up for us last season, 3-5-2.

I said that must mean Gunter is the RCB, but to my surprise he’s playing as RWB?  Just one opinion, but he thinks they’ve got completely the wrong set of players to play the system he wants.  

I thought Pell was a decent signing because he completely dicked all over us at the Valley last season.  Thought Davison might be okay at that level, so we’ll have to see.  I don’t know what they’re like for giving a manager time, but in some of the post match interviews, Jackson has already been critical of the players 
  • Options
    I've been keeping an eye on them too and it does seem a bit familiar to be honest.  Great guy and everything but I am not sure he's cut out for management.

Don't fancy their chances against Bradford - they are going very well indeed
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chris Gunter really making a difference for them
    Still in the Welsh squad, so missing this weekend. Jonny Williams is also in the squad from L2
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I can’t attribute my source, but I heard that on deadline day JFC was due to join Wimbledon, but there was a f**k up. There is no danger  that I will say more.
    yes, i've heard a few people mention the absence of Chris Parkes may have screwed a few things up on deadline day but no idea as to the truth of that   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Service Station burgers can be enticing for some hey!
  • Options
    Callum Harriott is available, you'd imagine both Wimbledon and Gillingham would be interested
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    I can’t attribute my source, but I heard that on deadline day JFC was due to join Wimbledon, but there was a f**k up. There is no danger  that I will say more.
    i've heard a few people mention the absence of a coherent plan did screw a few things up on deadline day.

• Options

Goes to the score prediction thread to predict a Wimbledon defeat tomorrow  ;)
  • Options

Good for Jacko, really pleased for him.

Although it probably now means he'll be sacked in January.

• Options

Goes to the score prediction thread to predict a Wimbledon defeat tomorrow  ;)
    Surely, only at Charlton does that happen.
  • Options
    In the league they now have 5 clean sheets on the spin and 5 wins and 3 draws in their last 8 games.
    Fair play after a shit start they’re 12th and 3 points outside the play offs 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the league they now have 5 clean sheets on the spin and 5 wins and 3 draws in their last 8 games.
    Fair play after a shit start they’re 12th and 3 points outside the play offs 

They'll be in Europe before us at this rate.
    Well done Jacko!
  • Options
    Three points off the playoffs. Tight league this year.
  • Options
    Blue sky thinking there Johnnie. 
  • Options
    Just on a bit of Jacko watch, I don't think it's going to end well for him at the Wombles. 

I attended the Wimbledon Bradford game and as said before, I saw nothing to suggest he had upped his managerial game since leaving us. It was such a poor quality game of footie from both sides overall.

Since the home loss to Bradford, Jacko has managed 1 draw and 2 losses in the league, the 2 losses conceding 8 goals and beating Cheltenham in the FA cup 5-1.

Seen a lot of fans saying he needs to go now and that the FA cup result just papered over the cracks. 

It's a shame cause that's the only manager who has left us in recent years that I genuinely want to see smash it, but when you see Wimbledon fans saying he needs to go and the posts are getting high amounts of likes on social media it doesn't look good.

Ben Garner of course sacked and despite Nigel Adkins securing a long term contract at Tranmere, the results haven't been great. 

Feel like it's a bit of a pattern that every manager who leaves us or gets sacked doesn't recover too well, Bowyer probably the best of the bunch but his time ran out in the end.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson did OK too, but no more than that.