Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Conerning if correct he has been sacekd becuase JJ opnion on how to get promoted does not aling with TS. 

I am starting to have concerns on how much TS belives him and MS know. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Absolutely shocked !!!!

My respect for TS, well earned when he beat all the odds to buy our club, has plummeted downwards.

I'm speechless & upset at the same time.

His partner, all over Jacko's wife at the dinner on Sunday...besties it looked like. 

Now 2 days later, THIS. Maybe the old adage, that you shouldn't mix business with pleasure ? 

Wonder what the players are thinking now ? 

Johnnie. You didn't deserve this.

Can't post anything further now.
    Well OTT
    How come ?

Were you there, sitting on the closest table to them ? 

We were rubbish under JJ and he deserved to go, tactics were awful, results awful. You're making out TS has just liquidated the club. 

Perspective needed, football is a business. 
    YOU highlighted the line in my post regarding TS's partner at the POTY dinner.

Then following my comment, chose to post something unrelated .....

I'm entitled to my opinion & you have totally disregarded something you clearly didn't see for yourself.

What's your problem ? 
    You're being overly dramatic. "I'm speechless & upset at the same time." At a manager who has failed since he arrived being sacked? 

Seems some people would rather an out of depth manager stay in role because he is a Charlton legend, than see us actually do well on the pitch. 
    But has he failed? He won more games in charge as manager than ANY other Charlton manager- he won close to half the games he was in charge-is that failure?
  • Options
    If the SLP are to be believed then the past 2 months have been a waste/joke. 8th or better was never achievable after the disastrous run without fit strikers and obvious now why JJ & the team have been treading water ever since. 

Cant say I'm sad to see him go. Always bad imo to appoint a "legend" as fans will always want him to stay on longer than necessary. No idea who should be the new manger but just hope its a young 'un with fresh ideas & not someone like Adkins with his "walking is great" philosophy . 
  • Options
    Conerning if correct he has been sacekd becuase JJ opnion on how to get promoted does not aling with TS. 

I am starting to have concerns on how much TS belives him and MS know. 
    TS has also watched every game JJ has been in charge. I'm sure that was 95% of the reason behind it. Shocking football. 
  • Options
    With Pearce and JJ gone do we have anyone left who endured the Roland era? 
    Purry B, JFC, Matthews, Albie, sort of Chuks, sort of Henderson, sort of Leko. Technically Harness, Vennings, Henry etc were around for the back end of the madness
  • Options
    Shocked and surprised. I didn't expect this but perhaps it makes sense now that many of the out of contract players haven't been approached regarding contract extensions. I'd wondered what position we had to finish in for JJ to get his contract extension and thought it might be top half. It can't have been 13th. Unlucky for some, including JJ

I'm not particularly disappointed as we have underperformed since the caretaker days and the playing style, if not the formation, hasn't always been much different from what we were seeing under Adkins.

It's been said many times already but we have to get the next appointment right.

JJ has been a great servant to the club and I wish him good luck in whatever he does next.
  • Options
    Blimey that’s a genuine surprise. Although does go some way to explaining the contract situations…

Will never understand the complaints about the style of football. We are in League One. In League One it’s never been pretty. Under Powell, under Bowyer. Look at Wigan and Rotherham this season. Both played 3-5-2 with big lumps at either end of the pitch.

If we want to take the MK Dons route here, it’s going to be a long old road and many years of getting it wrong before it all clicks. No doubt it’s probably the better choice in the long term but it’s risky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only just read that Jacko was informed of this decision by PHONE yesterday afternoon.

What does that tell you about our owner ?

RESPECT clearly doesn't appear in the American version of the English dictionary.

Everyone has their opinion about the sacking but how can anyone condone the manner in which TS conducted this piece of "business"?  
    Would you have preferred email or a Zoom call?
  • Options
    Not totally surprised.  This is a results industry.
    What I WOULD say is i never doubted JJs commitment to Charlton all the time he was associated with us.
    Good luck for the future Jacko.
  • Options
    I should imagine S/T renewals weren't heading towards 10,000 either.
  • Options
    It really comes down to what TS' motives are for the change, and we're unlikely to ever find those out.

If it was because he genuinely didn't think that Jacko could mount a serious promotion challenge last year, then it's hard to argue with. It's his opinion and very little we've seen on the pitch contradicts that.

If it was because Jacko said we need to spend X to be competitive and that was a figure TS was unwilling to spend, so therefore getting rid of Jacko for free and getting a cheaper/less vocal replacement, then obviously we are screwed.

With the amount of money TS has spent so far, and the amount he has to spend just to say in the game, I think the first scenario is the more likely, and that then puts the pressure on him to get this appointment right. As others have said, TS didn't ever appear 100% sold on Jacko, and his own delays to replace Adkins made things worse. If he'd given Jacko a temporary contract after a few games he's have had less issues going forward but he delayed an found himself in a position where he pretty much had to give Jacko the fulltime job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we're now basically going into the summer with no Manager

But apparently we know our targets

Like @Cafc43v3r has said a few times, how can we build a squad of players, when they may well be individuals that the new man doesnt even want - This for me, sets us back massively.
    Depends when the new manager is appointed
  • Options
    I know a few people on this forum called it, but I gotta say I'm absolutely shocked 
  • Options
    It really comes down to what TS' motives are for the change, and we're unlikely to ever find those out.

If it was because he genuinely didn't think that Jacko could mount a serious promotion challenge last year, then it's hard to argue with. It's his opinion and very little we've seen on the pitch contradicts that.

If it was because Jacko said we need to spend X to be competitive and that was a figure TS was unwilling to spend, so therefore getting rid of Jacko for free and getting a cheaper/less vocal replacement, then obviously we are screwed.

With the amount of money TS has spent so far, and the amount he has to spend just to say in the game, I think the first scenario is the more likely, and that then puts the pressure on him to get this appointment right. As others have said, TS didn't ever appear 100% sold on Jacko, and his own delays to replace Adkins made things worse. If he'd given Jacko a temporary contract after a few games he's have had less issues going forward but he delayed an found himself in a position where he pretty much had to give Jacko the fulltime job.
    Look at the results and performances since JJ took over. There’s your answer. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    jbaker said:
    Been told the contract renewal was based on a top 8 finish. Not sure how correct this is.  . .  Wouldnt be surprised if Michael Beale is approached.
    We never reached any higher than 11th all season. If that’s true maybe that was the plan all along. 

Personally I don’t think Sandgaard wanted him in charge in the first place but after those run of results at the start and the crowd getting behind the team and Jackson, it forced his hand.

This 100%. TS really didn't want to appoint JJ fulltime but was backed into a corner somewhat by the initial bounce & then supporters clamoring on SM for JJ to be given the role fulltime. 8th position was never realistic - TS knew that and JJ knew that. 
  • Options
    Mark warburton I’d like to see, managed at clubs where he’s had no say on transfers 
    Would he have any say here? I doubt it given the ‘black box’ system. 
  • Options
    th0rryy said:
    If TS wants a new manager, he needs to be sorting it now (or should have been doing it prior to coming over). If he is going to sack JJ, every day that goes by that he doesn't from this point forward is one that is lost that could be better spent on with whoever is in charge, in preparation for next season.

Given that none of the players who are out of contract in the summer have new deals (including some who we would wager would stay), it suggests to me the priority is sorting those in the short term and finding the additional players to build the squad. He could turn round and sack JJ today (which, even as a believer in JJ, I'd rather have happen now than within the next few weeks), but I suspect the priority is players, not management right now.
    I wrote this this morning in the other JJ thread - feeling quite prophetic while not, in any way, being "in the know"! Some classy self-quoting, right here.

Sad day for me, as I have always believed he has given everything for the club. I truly believe he saved us from being at risk of relegation this season, rather than seeing him as failing to take us into playoffs. He got blood from a stone, as far as I'm concerned, because I still think this is a dog of a squad that not many other people could have done that better with. He wanted success here more than anything and deserved, imho, a summer to build in his vision.

TS has taken the approach that he can't wait for someone to JJ build in their vision and wants the quicker (and probably more expensive) solution. I'm happy that he has been decisive to do it now, but pressure on whoever is next amps up significantly. Top six minimum now.

That said, if we get someone in with no history to the club, has some indifferent form and some wise guy goes "wE nEeD sOmEoNe wHo iS pRoPer cHaRlToN", I'm going to lose it :D
  • Options
    With Pearce and JJ gone do we have anyone left who endured the Roland era? 
    JFC I think was a late Roland signing