Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Dave Rudd said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    No comments from WM….

@DubaiCAFC

From the Castore press release

Charlton’s Commercial Director, Wayne Mumford, said: “We are proud to announce our partnership with Castore. Like us, they are a company with big ambitions and they want to be a part of our growth.

“They have been working with us on exciting new plans to revamp our club shop and will be creating new bespoke kits for us to play in next season.”

When Thomas said he’d want a CEO who thought the same way as him I didn’t realise he meant it so literally. Here’s what he said on the CAFC OS:

The club’s Owner and CEO, Thomas Sandgaard, said: "We are proud to announce our partnership with Castore. Like us, they are a company with big ambitions and they want to be a part of our growth. 

“They have been working with us on exciting new plans to revamp our club shop and will be creating new customised kits for us to play in next season.

I wish I'd spotted that ... 75 minutes earlier.
    I saw you did but clearly not everyone had.
  • Most people knew about it being Castore for a while but what is new info, for me at least, is that they will run the retail.

WM and TS spoke about bringing retail back in house but for whatever reason have decided against that.  It maybe that it's a better deal with let Castore do it as they have more retail experience and know-how or perhaps it was a deal breaker for Castore for them to run the shop.

In the scheme of things not the most significant thing but it perhaps indicates that TS and the club have shifted their stance based on the realities of the situation and what is most profitable for the club.
    Agreed, that's the most interesting element of the announcement. I had assumed Newcastle would continue to run their own club shop, but Castore took that over last year as part of the kit deal as well.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-announces-castore-partnership/

• If its a choice between bringing the shop in-house, or the bars/food then we've made the correct choice.
  • shine166 said:
    If its a choice between bringing the shop in-house, or the bars/food then we've made the correct choice.
    It's not a choice though.  They could bring one or both inhouse as not connected.
  • shine166 said:
    If its a choice between bringing the shop in-house, or the bars/food then we've made the correct choice.
    It's not a choice though.  They could bring one or both inhouse as not connected.
    Sweet
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    No comments from WM….

@DubaiCAFC

From the Castore press release

Charlton’s Commercial Director, Wayne Mumford, said: “We are proud to announce our partnership with Castore. Like us, they are a company with big ambitions and they want to be a part of our growth.

“They have been working with us on exciting new plans to revamp our club shop and will be creating new bespoke kits for us to play in next season.”

Thank you sharing, I haven’t read the Castore PR!
  • Is the Castore logo a set of wings, or owl eyes?
  • Sorry to see Hummel go. I liked their kits and they seemed to put a bit of effort into it. Thought they might hang around with the Danish connection. Castore seem to be on the up though and their kits look decent so let’s travel hopefully. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I keep reading it as Castrol. 

GTX anyone....?

GTX anyone....?
    They’re just supplying the jackets for club funerals 
  • Stig said:
    remember, #betterneverstops 

whatever the hell thats supposed to mean 

W1A was stupidly realistic. There was a job going at Sky by that very job title, which I'm guessing is where they got it from. It reported into the role of - and this is no lie - Head of Knowledge. 
  • Castore could be our own brand  CA. STORE.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Is the Castore logo a set of wings, or owl eyes?
    Owl wings
  • Bilko said:
    Castore could be our own brand  CA. STORE.
    I see what you did there 👌
  • I see that Castore isn't a company in its own right but a brand owned by J.Carter Sporting Club Limited. This begs two questions. 1. Is it right that a sports club can be owned by a sports club? 2. Which J Carter are we actually talking about?

This one:      Or this one:  

GTX anyone....?
    No Castrol are  supplying the Greece kit 😬, I’ll get me coat🤣🙄
  • One less thing to wet myself about I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

GTX anyone....?
    We are nicking Swindons sponsor too? 
  • Gribbo said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Is the Castore logo a set of wings, or owl eyes?
    Owl wings
    What if they are eagles wings??????

• I sadly have to inform you all that Chuks will miss pre season due to pulling several muscles in his left shoulder while trying on our new leisurewear 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

Our thoughts are with you 🙏🏼

Note - shamelessly nicked from Facebook. Thank you Andy Macca for the original. 

• No one mentioned the price of Rangers and Newcastle shirts. £65 adult!
  • Italy kit is made for cat funts like me , nice and baggy …better than those tight fitting ones, that well,  you just can’t rock with a beer belly 
  • edited May 2022
    Oh dear... I would definitely pay 6,500 pence for that.